Sign in to follow this  
MrLek

Haters criticism

Why are some people criticizing Little Orbit's work?
L.O wanted a big update, they tried APB 2.1 and APB 2.2, but APB has a lot of problems and once again they tried something, only they had to go to the root of the problems, they went back a lot, APB 1.30. But L.O took years to understand that, because APB 2.1 and APB 2.2 were not worked on in a short time, it took a long time to work on both, good thing, they didn't give up, and a lot of people still criticize... L.O could have closed the APB a long time ago, but they didn't give up. The attempt of APB 2.1 and APB 2.2 served to show L.O where the error really was. 

Because just like us, they also thought big, but the reality is this: The APB has problems at the roots, in order to dream big we have to solve the problem at the roots, so that it can grow. We cannot treat this with the view we currently have on the problem, we detected the problem after many failed attempts, we learn from the mistakes...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrLek said:

because there's not much to show for all the work, is that really so difficult to understand?

• Like 5

Because; We are People who either by natural pre disposition or from exposure to APB,

are critical of others, and in a habitual sociopathic way.

We called Fowl n threw salt when he was gone, We said He was Dead.

Now He comes with progress reports, efforts to interact with Us.

So now everyone has to 'nitpick at every nuance of Matts. Because We are

Sociopaths n tbh most of us don't know squat about 'Matts Work'.

I think he has shown Significant progress, and his latest reports and 

interactions with player via the forum, ect, is a Good thing. 

Haters gonna Hate, cause that's what they do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

porque não há muito o que mostrar para todo o trabalho, isso é realmente tão difícil de entender?

You certainly have not read the entire text.

13 minutes ago, MrLek said:

You certainly have not read the entire text.

the rest of the text doesn't matter - for many people, only results matter at this point

"learning" means nothing when we're five years in and orbit is still making the same mistakes they were making on day 1

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, glaciers said:

the rest of the text doesn't matter - for many people, only results matter at this point

"learning" means nothing when we're five years in and orbit is still making the same mistakes they were making on day 1

Don't bother vsb. You can't teach these people.

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I don't understand the most technical subject, but anyway I have my right to express my opinion, even when I don't understand it... Many people will identify with my opinion, so I'm not just speaking for myself, and I might as well be speaking for many people who do not open the forum.

The fact is the following: Years have passed and what we have now does not match the time that has passed.

Here's my take: This doesn't mean Little Orbit didn't try anything, it doesn't mean they spent all these years doing nothing. They tried great things.

So in my opinion they are seeing now that the problem is at the root, to achieve something big they went back to the root (APB 1.30) to solve it.
Perhaps you yourself do not know the problems, as do I and many other people.

I'm being honest here, I don't know what you work for, if you're a programmer, game developer, etc. Anyway, don't misunderstand my comments. You can take into consideration some points of what I said.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrLek said:

This doesn't mean Little Orbit didn't try anything, it doesn't mean they spent all these years doing nothing. They tried great things.

would you keep going to a restaurant that gave you bad food every time if the chef told you he was trying his best? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, glaciers said:

would you keep going to a restaurant that gave you bad food every time if the chef told you he was trying his best? 

A game is more work than a meal.

You are the chef's son and you just want lunch, the chef tries to make a full lunch but his own kitchen doesn't have all the ingredients for it, he tries again but again he doesn't have all the ingredients for it and not enough staff . Then he really starts to prepare just a lunch which is what you need. In the future, it will be stabilized enough to give you a full lunch.

The APB is not prepared for a big jump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrLek said:

A game is more work than a meal.

You are the chef's son and you just want lunch, the chef tries to make a full lunch but his own kitchen doesn't have all the ingredients for it, he tries again but again he doesn't have all the ingredients for it and not enough staff . Then he really starts to prepare just a lunch which is what you need. In the future, it will be stabilized enough to give you a full lunch.

The APB is not prepared for a big jump.

i suspect this is where the difference of opinion comes from

i do not consider little orbit my friends or my family no matter how much time and money i spend on apb, they are a business offering a product to customers (me) in order to make money - if i'm satisfied with the product then i pay money, if i'm not satisfied then i do not pay money

to one-sidedly pretend the relationship is anything other than business is very foolish imo, but that's up to you

• Like 2

On 12/23/2022 at 5:19 PM, glaciers said:

Eu suspeito que é daí que vem a diferença de opinião

não considero a pequena órbita meus amigos ou minha família, não importa quanto tempo e dinheiro eu gaste no apb, eles são uma empresa que oferece um produto aos clientes (eu) para ganhar dinheiro - se estou satisfeito com o produto, então eu pago em dinheiro, se não estou satisfeito então não pago em dinheiro

fingir unilateralmente que o relacionamento é algo diferente de negócios é muito tolo, mas isso depende de você

I'm not talking about relationship.

Merged.

On 12/23/2022 at 5:19 PM, glaciers said:

i suspect this is where the difference of opinion comes from

i do not consider little orbit my friends or my family no matter how much time and money i spend on apb, they are a business offering a product to customers (me) in order to make money - if i'm satisfied with the product then i pay money, if i'm not satisfied then i do not pay money

to one-sidedly pretend the relationship is anything other than business is very foolish imo, but that's up to you

I understand your revolt.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 4:11 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I re-engaged with this game around the time LO took over. I have been very supportive still, but now truly understand the unrest. I mean think about it. It's been 4 years and the game is an absolute mess right now. (not that it was ever better before).

Ill start with just how I feel playing the game currently.

I hop into a server and feel like it's a struggle to pick a gun. I can't play anything without the looming feeling of "Did I earn this victory? Or did I just play another broken gun? 
Then comes the multiple lost games I have to go through, because the matchmaking is just horrible.

I won't say everyone is a cheater just because when I finally play decently I get called a cheating prick. And with a small population like APB's that's what you will become known for, a cheating prick in all of it's toxic glory.
Support and moderation is useless, even when GM's made themselves known in a server, THEY COULDN'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING. WHAT WAS THEIR PURPOSE!?
Then you get into the issues with the game's performance that is becoming worst and worst as time goes on. And the numerous issues that STILL have yet to be fixed
Like a big one: How come STILL the crosshair doesn't inform the player of the ACTUAL bloom of their weapon. (Unless you turn the hud scale up to 100%) Once you do turn it up to 100% do you realize how GOD AWFUL ALL THE GUNS ARE IN THIS GAME. ALL of them just bloom WAY TO MUCH. They nerfed every gun into oblivion making them feel like paint ball guns malfunctioning.
Most of the mission objectives for this game just do not work for it. They all will end up in a toxic match if the enemy team is better than you:

VIP: Turns into the enemy bum rushing the VIP in a car jumping out and just obliterating you
Item hold: Turns into lets take it to 1 of 3 locations on the map to camp it
Deathmatch: You are spotted ANYWHERE, which makes doing anything impossible especially if the enemy is already using an aimbot
Take the item to your base and hold: Oh boy I can't wait to be stuck doing the same objective for 10minutes on top of having to play a running simulator.

There are so many things that need to be done still, this 64bit upgrade is just the start of the mountain. And it's understandable to be upset when it took 4 years for it to happen (only counting when LO took over as G1 did nothing). I still honestly think that there will never be a "final nail in the coffin" for this game though. As matt said it is still one of the most unique experiences on the market.

I feel as if there needs to be a lot of stuff remade from the ground up for APB.
Sections of financial need to be redone with better balance in mind (since LO already recognized that each block is it's own mini-map)
dido for waterfront

Gunplay just needs to be different. This area of the game has not aged well at all in the current market. I do not care how controversial this opinion is. Most modern games feature more recoil but more accuracy. If LO tried this for the NTEC instead of just increasing how much it blooms maybe guns would be in a different state right now. But no, they take way too much single finger muscle memory to get the min-ttk that the experience is just not fun. And I know i'm right because hitscan macros wouldn't be such an issue in this game. No one wants to learn how to perfectly time the Colby 45 to get the perfect ttk. It's just not fun to fight with or against. Yes WITH cause when you have that one teammate who just popopopopopop all the enemies you come across it becomes a bench warming game with you on it.

At this point this post is too long and usually I would delete all of it cause what's the point. I'm just going to get quoted about why i'm wrong and how I must be a bronze or some other reason. But the facts have to be faced. That these are the core issues with the game still and they are the reasons people don't stick around to play. Lets just say Little Orbit does make a tutorial that teaches new players how to actually play APB they still wouldn't stay because of these CORE issues.

It does sound like Little Orbit recognizes these core issues, but are too passive to act on them at this time. Why? I don't know...engine upgrade or something. I worry for the future of the game after this 64bit upgrade cause it feels like they don't have plans on what to do next.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, MrLek said:

But L.O took years to understand that

That is exactly the problem. Instead of chasing unachievable things, they should have kept updating the game with actual content (or do it in parallel )

And now with only less than 200 people online, the game is as good as dead. 

• Like 1

If LO want to save this game, they really need to start talking to the casual players and playing with the casual players. The casual players best represent new players. Understand why they play and understand why they switch off. See what they go through when they go in game. Lets be honest every move Little Orbit has done has been at the detriment of Casual, new, players and their quality of life in game has just gotten worse and worse. Every big move/change has been to appease the little kabal of top players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:59 AM, PotatoeGirl said:

And now with only less than 200 people online, the game is as good as dead. 

according to this tracker APB gets atleast 300 players everyday.

• Like 2

People been here forever do love the game and want it to be more. Everyone been through it plus the same stuff repeats, people can look bitter but most here want that big leap. Matt explained why that didn't happen yet so let's keep going. I'll go one step further and say that people who are just waiting you don't even see posting, they are lurking,  y04wZkb.jpg

Edited by Jazeker
new image i made
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 1:06 PM, MrLek said:

L.O wanted a big update, they tried APB 2.1 and APB 2.2, but APB has a lot of problems and once again they tried something, only they had to go to the root of the problems, they went back a lot, APB 1.30. But L.O took years to understand that, because APB 2.1 and APB 2.2 were not worked on in a short time, it took a long time to work on both, good thing, they didn't give up, and a lot of people still criticize... L.O could have closed the APB a long time ago, but they didn't give up. The attempt of APB 2.1 and APB 2.2 served to show L.O where the error really was. 

Because just like us, they also thought big, but the reality is this: The APB has problems at the roots, in order to dream big we have to solve the problem at the roots, so that it can grow. We cannot treat this with the view we currently have on the problem, we detected the problem after many failed attempts, we learn from the mistakes...

the hate comes from them owning APB for about 5 years and nothing really coming from this other than what seems to be a cash-cow thats forever in maintneance mode. Maybe they are doing something but its been years now... everyone's watching the years pass and getting older and older. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

the hate comes from them

Because Matt Scott and what ever staff there is, 'Hide' .

Outside of 'The New Engine' NO Staff in District.

Ya cut the anticheats then ya let golds into bronze district.

Ya either knew they were mostly hax or ya knew they were gonna beat everyone.

Ya did it specifically because of Golds Requests n Begging.

So your customer service is based around catering to those that are gold.

Your customer service is 'Thrilled with letting hackers ruin the game, specially if it brings up the pop.

They refuse to show up in district and get hacked all day, day after day. 

To see for themselves who is hacking n who is Gud, they refuse to talk about segregation.

With no plans to resegregate in the future. It just doesn't matter if the Pipe Dream Engine comes out.

Its a Crooked Game full of Crooks, Ran by Crooks. 

• Like 3

heres a good fucking question

why the fuck are we wasting our time squabbling over some shitty fucking game that does not matter and should have been left shutdown much like fallen earth.

what are we trying to save? what are we doing here? why AM I FUCKING HERE? sierously lets just move on go outside play something new theres nothing left here to reclaim or progress on these games have dried up and mummifed long ago and we keep poking the corpses hoping that some looser comes along and ressucets shitty long dead code that was made by some man ages ago.

this code is untangling razor wire while your butt fucking naked anit worth your time your only going to get yourself hurt

that aand the player base for both are so stupid so toxic and so annoying to deal with a rather shave with an angry shaken cat. infact i rather go running around a war zone in a fucking birhgt neon fucking yellow suit an d try and not get shot. god dammit this game has ruined so many people and wasted so much time so has fallen earth, and fuck theres zero updates on fallen earth BECUASE THEY NEED TO AMIT THEY ANIT DOING SHIT TO FALLEN EARTH BECUASE YOU WERE FORCED TO BRING IT BACK WHEN YOU WANTED IT GONE.

ugiuhjsafakjlhdfaskdhaskdhajsk fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck arjkalsdkjasdjaskldasjkdl

seriously log off the fourms go outside and go play with your dog or some other shit idk its your life go and not be miserable looking at sad pixels

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cowhorseman said:

why the fuck are we wasting our time squabbling over some shitty fucking game that does not matter and should have been left shutdown much like fallen earth.

what are we trying to save? what are we doing here? why AM I FUCKING HERE? sierously lets just move on go outside play something new theres nothing left here to reclaim or progress on these games have dried up and mummifed long ago and we keep poking the corpses hoping that some looser comes along and ressucets shitty long dead code that was made by some man ages ago.

this code is untangling razor wire while your butt fucking naked anit worth your time your only going to get yourself hurt

that aand the player base for both are so stupid so toxic and so annoying to deal with a rather shave with an angry shaken cat. infact i rather go running around a war zone in a fucking birhgt neon fucking yellow suit an d try and not get shot. god dammit this game has ruined so many people and wasted so much time so has fallen earth, and fuck theres zero updates on fallen earth BECUASE THEY NEED TO AMIT THEY ANIT DOING SHIT TO FALLEN EARTH BECUASE YOU WERE FORCED TO BRING IT BACK WHEN YOU WANTED IT GONE.

ugiuhjsafakjlhdfaskdhaskdhajsk fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck arjkalsdkjasdjaskldasjkdl

seriously log off the fourms go outside and go play with your dog or some other shit idk its your life go and not be miserable looking at sad pixels

nah

7 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

Because I enjoy clinging to the last game forum I still actively post on or exists to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

what are we doing here?

We all know that 'Trying something Twice or more, under the same parameters, and expecting different results,

Is Insanity.  I believe this would be an interesting study for psychology.

In the old days we had 'Pay Phones' n U would go by n check the change slot.

Playing this game is akin to coming by to check the change slot where the phone has been removed 

by the phone company leaving a few wires. Not even a change slot to check. 

Yet everyday we come by to check for change  🤔 

On 12/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, MrLek said:

I think its because LO is like having a wife in your 50s. We dont notice all the work she does behind the scenes and because of that she is too tired for some fooling around. Then once a year she wants to have "a talk"

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, MrLek said:

You clearly dont know what Little Orbit is

On 12/31/2022 at 5:28 PM, Y2Venom said:

I think its because LO is like having a wife in your 50s. We dont notice all the work she does behind the scenes and because of that she is too tired for some fooling around. Then once a year she wants to have "a talk"

Probabily not completely right but... Nice one ahahhah

Sign in to follow this