21 replies to this topic

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10
ok I get into a game against one cheater. I'm tired of constantly being intercepted when he shouldn't know where I am and watching him take out all 4 people in my team snapping. He's not even rank 30 and in the gold using a base star.

Leader refuses to kick me out so I just afk until the game is over. Why not let me leave the team. It counts as a loss, why not let it be up to me?

The guy, against high silvers and a gold gets over 22 kills, 1 death, while the highest my team is able to kill him 3 times.

KetamaThunder

KetamaThunder

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 29-June 11

The guy, against high silvers and a gold gets over 22 kills, 1 death, while the highest my team is able to kill him 3 times.

Math summercamps, go visit

Ionox

Ionox

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11
lmao

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gasoline

Gasoline

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2657 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
I, too, would like a "forfeit mission" button.
Posted Image

Expand the possibilities, don't try to define the players, give them the tools and let them define themselves.

JonSnow

JonSnow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
I agree, you can leave by returning to lobby or exiting the game so I don't really see why you shouldn't be able to abandon the opposed mission in-game now that it counts as a loss.

If G1 wants to prevent this as a measure of discouraging leaving then maybe a vote to forfeit option should be added which requires above 50% of the team to vote yes.

Another idea would be to allow a player to "surrender" which marks them as wanting to quit but keeps them in the mission until a back-up replacement is found. This way if they feel like giving up, they don't leave the remaining players saying "wutthefarg!" and down a man.

Edited by JonSnow, 17 August 2011 - 04:28 PM.

Why bother? it's gonna hurt me
It's gonna kill when you desert me
This happened to me twice before
It won't happen to me anymore

MachineGun

MachineGun

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 30-January 11
Great math skills :)

Anyway I highly support this. Also make it so that disconnecters can rejoin if relogged in before 2 minutes ( my modem is made of sticks and glue ).
"I will walk into the Valley of death. I will fear NO evil. BECAUSE IM THE BADDEST MO'****A THERE!"

JonSnow

JonSnow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Great math skills :)

Anyway I highly support this. Also make it so that disconnecters can rejoin if relogged in before 2 minutes ( my modem is made of sticks and glue ).

Good idea, on allowing players to rejoin on disconnect. This should only be allowed if additional back-up has not been requested and dispatched.

Blazey

Blazey

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

If you disconnect, you still lose threat as well, an internet disconnect/client crash mid-mission counts the mission as loss even if you were going to win it.
It really, REALLY does my nut in and in my opinion, is one of the most ret*rded mission features of the game.

Edited by Blazey, 17 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

Posted Image
turncoat BLAZEY || EXPLODE bitfenix
"00:24 - Rizzly: cya dont fuĀ­ck with me man"

Swineflew

Swineflew

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Joined 04-August 11
So you can leave the mission, screw over your team, and screw over the next guy that they replace you with if they call up backup?

I'm kinda 50/50 on this.

I feel like more people get screwed over if you have an easy option to leave, but at the same time it seems weird to not have an option to leave a mission.

Edit: If you DC, then too bad. You shouldn't have to gimp your team while you log in and possibly reconnect to that same server and then spawn somewhere and run back.
You should lose threat and get kicked so they can replace you.

It's a completely normal way of handling DCs.

Edited by Swineflew, 17 August 2011 - 04:40 PM.

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

Math summercamps, go visit

yeah sorry I only killed him once.

Swineflew

Swineflew

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Joined 04-August 11

yeah sorry I only killed him once.

You're making this story hard to believe.....
You said that he had 1 death, and your teammate killed him 3 times, now you're saying you got to kill him to meaning the guy would have had 4 deaths...

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

You're making this story hard to believe.....
You said that he had 1 death, and your teammate killed him 3 times, now you're saying you got to kill him to meaning the guy would have had 4 deaths...

I killed him once, he died twice more before the leader finally kicked me.

It was a horrible game and would have left earlier when he first killed me and I saw him snapping and killing my other team mates.

Edited by illgot, 17 August 2011 - 05:10 PM.

JonSnow

JonSnow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

So you can leave the mission, screw over your team, and screw over the next guy that they replace you with if they call up backup?

I'm kinda 50/50 on this.

I feel like more people get screwed over if you have an easy option to leave, but at the same time it seems weird to not have an option to leave a mission.

Edit: If you DC, then too bad. You shouldn't have to gimp your team while you log in and possibly reconnect to that same server and then spawn somewhere and run back.
You should lose threat and get kicked so they can replace you.

It's a completely normal way of handling DCs.

It think you missed the point on the being able to reconnect. It would be up to the team leader to wait for you to possibly reconnect or to request back-up right away. If the team leader requests back-up and gets it and then you rejoin the server you would not be able to rejoin the mission. However, if the team leader does not request back-up and you rejoin the server, you rejoin the mission. Simple as punch.

Edited by JonSnow, 17 August 2011 - 05:47 PM.

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

It think you missed the point on the being able to reconnect. It would be up to the team leader to wait for you to possibly reconnect or to request back-up right away. If the team leader requests back-up and gets it and then you rejoin the server you would not be able to rejoin the mission. However, if the team leader does not request back-up and you rejoin the server, you rejoin the mission. Simple as punch.

Grouping should always keep the disconnected person in the game for X minutes or until the leader manually removes them.

I feel G1 would love this when they get time to work on it.

-Reagan-

-Reagan-

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2212 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11

Grouping should always keep the disconnected person in the game for X minutes or until the leader manually removes them.

I feel G1 would love this when they get time to work on it.

agree with this.

but an easy button to leave a match ? are you serious ?

" ehy guys, we are losing, we all leave ? we can leave and we don't lose TL. vote."

yes
yes
yes
yes

PRDnvMj.jpg

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5234 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

agree with this.

" ehy guys, we are losing, we all leave ? we can leave and we don't lose TL. vote."

yes
yes
yes
yes

Why not? The only thing I can see going wrong with this is when 2 opponents go on an empty instance and queue up against each other, then one person leaves the mission so the other person can win the mission and levels faster.

But I guess they could do that just by going to the lobby as well.

-Reagan-

-Reagan-

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2212 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11

Why not? The only thing I can see going wrong with this is when 2 opponents go on an empty instance and queue up against each other, then one person leaves the mission so the other person can win the mission and levels faster.

But I guess they could do that just by going to the lobby as well.

imho
if you leave a mission and you don't lose your TL, i don't gain mine TL.
unless they fix if you leave and you don't lose your TL, i gain mine.
and if you leave and we are grouped together, i need to search again someone else as backup

and we all know that searching someone as backup is a real pain sometimes.

this isn't the cheap way to deal with cheaters.

PRDnvMj.jpg

AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Joined 11-February 11

agree with this.

yes
yes
yes
yes

Who said anything about not losing TL? The point was to have a way of quitting the mission (which counts as a loss and negatively impacts TL) without having to go to the lobby or exit the game completely.
I hate you all.

You all amuse me greatly.

HeadStrikeRx

HeadStrikeRx

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1305 posts
  • Joined 04-February 11
I think you should play to the bitter end, what kind of mentality do you plant into the players if they can give up at any given time? Take the loss like a man. You can always return to lobby which has the exact same effect.

LulzSec

LulzSec

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 17-August 11

I think you should play to the bitter end, what kind of mentality do you plant into the players if they can give up at any given time? Take the loss like a man. You can always return to lobby which has the exact same effect.

Don't QQ

I know a game when you leave matches you can get banned! :)
Don't need signature to be sexy!
I Use My Scripts to be Sexy!

TheJuan

TheJuan

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 26-April 11

I know a game when you leave matches you can get banned! :flower:

That's horsedoodoo man. :)

They see me trollin'

They ragin'

Moderators tryna catch me writin' dirty

They ragin' so loud

I'm swanging

JoeDonut

JoeDonut

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11
I like the idea of a vote with 50% needed so you can quit missions with obvious hackers. Let the hackers win missions but get less kills and lower rewards.

Would also like to see two different votes available, one to vote out of mission due to the uneven matchmaking and a second to vote out due to hacking on the other team. This would give G1 some information about the amount of hackers and could allow them to an easy method to track the hackers. When a vote for hacking wins, all those names on the opposing side are added to a database and after a certain amount of times that your player name shows up, it triggers an investigation by a GM.

This way the GM could spectate and find out for sure and players would not have to video everything and slow their games down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users