Sign in to follow this  
Talla

Current GPU performance

A while ago, I read the new RTX cards weren't able to effectively render in APB.

With a new AMD GPU release on the horizon, could anyone provide feedback on the performance of AMD GPUs, RT 5000 or newer.

Cheers!

Performance is not the issue. They run better than the previous generations.

The issue is GPUs that use GDDR6 memory are not 32 bit compatible. APB will run but it will eventually crash with an "out of memory" error. The same thing happens with AMD that use GDDR6.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

Performance is not the issue. They run better than the previous generations.

The issue is GPUs that use GDDR6 memory are not 32 bit compatible. APB will run but it will eventually crash with an "out of memory" error. The same thing happens with AMD that use GDDR6.

Thanks alot for the response.

Do you know how long would it take to run out of memory?
I'm wondering if the length of time before the crash depends on the memory capacity of the card.

Could just be a bad garbage collection reporting of the available/cleared memory, and a misrepresented integer overflow.

A question for someone who read all the engine blog posts :
How many existing redistributable libraries were able to be updated to 64-bit? vs. Which parts of the custom game code has to be entirely rewritten?

4 hours ago, Talla said:

Do you know how long would it take to run out of memory?

It seems to be different for everyone. Ive crashed first match and Ive crashed 1 hour in.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what GPU you use on this game. If you want a setup for apb only do like others do, get a good CPU, no less that 8 gb ram, preferably more and have GTX 10** series at most to avoid any bugs/crashes. But to build a PC for apb specifically is pretty cringe now with ~300 /pop left. Made sense maybe in 2018.

I have GTX 960 pc and GTX 1050 Ti laptop I never crash, unless internet drops connection. When back in the day I upgraded my PC from Radeon HD 6870 to GTX 960 there was 0 increase in fps as CPU stayed the same. Two of my friends have Rtx 20** series, they both crash/freeze from time to time, sometimes a few times per few hrs session. Another friend has similar level AMD card, forgot model but he also freezes and crashes occasionally. I expect newer AMD cards will have issues too.

Looking back and development history of this game I don't expect 64 bit upgrade coming out.

I guess you could have a dope setup w/ high level AMD/Nvidia card and have a older GTX 10** series card on the side for when you want to play apb, they are cheap now. Quick swap and driver reinstall. Unless you are one of those who never get tired of apb but not many of them left.

Edited by Weaboos

how to fix this error crash?

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GAMERSFIRST\APB RELOADED\APBGame\Logs\2022.12.19-19.55.03-2036.log
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GAMERSFIRST\APB RELOADED\APBGame\Logs\2022.12.19-19.55.03-2036.dmp
C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GAMERSFIRST\APB RELOADED\Binaries\dxdiag.txt

General protection fault!

Script call stack:
    Function APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_Chat|OnPlayerProfileChanged
History:

11:57:10 - Log: Log file closed, 19/12/22 19:57:10

On 12/14/2022 at 3:05 AM, numlockcapslock said:

Weirdly, ever since i got my 3080 i've never had crash issues.

Its mostly the Turing cards... 2000 and 1600 series cards that have that crash.

Sign in to follow this