Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

Lack of QoL changes

While I already mentioned some things LO could do above it simply cannot be stressed enough how much QoL changes can do for a game and how important they are for a game to not make it feel as if it has been abandoned. These are the things that have to happen sooner or later if LO wants the 64Bit update to be another big shot at reviving the game. When LO took over APB saw an insanely large surge of returning players, as a company LO has to sit down and understand why these players left and start tackling the reasons why, whether that’s things such as the tutorial being poor or the matchmaking not being in a good state. The gap between what the system considers enough for gold threat and how well the best gold players actually perform in-game is astronomically large. As such, a threat rebalance would be one of those things that would improve the experience for all players across the board by bringing them closer to matches against their skill equals.

“The tutorial might be a good start, but that's not enough. Furthermore there should be a detailed guide for new players where they can understand most of the mechanics in the game.” -Community Member

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Threat rebalance =/= QoL change.

In my opinion a quality of life change would be a searchable mailbox for the hundreds and thousands of mails one can accumulate.

Loadout-presets would be another.

More broadly speaking, I don't think QoL matters for a game in APB's state. Jank doesn't stop players from truly enjoying a game. If a QoL-change can be easily implemented while working on core design issues, sure, go for it. But otherwise, don't bother. There are much, much bigger fish to fry.

• Like 2

Every menu in the game needs to be enhanced.

They were all designed for a 4:3 screen it seems so a lot of menus are really small and hard to navigate through. Making bigger interfaces for shops and the mailbox would be a great first start for these areas.

I'm not really sure how the HUD could be enhanced besides the backend. (code and such) I suppose removing those stupid yellow prompts that appear at the top of the screen that gives you info on random stuff in the server. 

Higher quality crosshairs as well as fixing them so they actually show the player the correct bloom when firing your weapon. I always set my hud size to either 50 or 100 so I can be sure about how much my gun is actually blooming when firing.