Sign in to follow this  
MattScott

The state of the console update

Heading into the third topic of the list which has received less responses but still some is the big question of what is up with the previously mentioned console update that meant to go Live alongside the since cancelled 3.5 Update for PC. We haven’t heard about any updates on this for far too long, when 3.5 was officially cancelled the release window for the console updates was also forgotten with it, initially the idea was to have console and PC run the same code base, with 3.5 off the table that is clearly not happening anymore so what are the plans for console and will that update ever release? Console players have been left in the dark for way too long and there was some serious content in this update for them that they could really do with having.

“I feel bad for consoles. As bad as things have been for PC, at least we haven't been completely abandoned. I wonder, what does the death of the PC engine upgrade mean for consoles? Will they get any updates at all? Are there any employees who can even work on consoles?” -Community Member

While on the topic of console APB it could really do with its own set of balance, especially in the recoil department, it's just not a good experience right now which is why the console meta is primarily made off of guns that have little recoil like the ATAC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, I am a console user and I'd like to talk about a few key things that pretty much are important, yet they were not brought up, and also a few points to clear about the meta over there.

Issues about the state of the game on consoles are not brought up simply because more than half of the population does not even know that there's a support website, they don't know that there's Forums for this game, they don't even know how to fill in a scam report and even when they were told that there is a support website most of the times it was broken, the only way someone was able to create a ticket was only by creating an email and explain the issue and what happened. Another issue is the fact that game chat has been offline for almost 2 years now iirc, VoIP was one key thing that kept the game feel alive, sure toxicity was an issue, but that's something everyone over at console liked, since there was always some drama happening and the best example to compare these 2 are like chaotic school fights, but instead they just argue on the microphone over some dumb stuff, and people liked this. Everyone who had knowledge about the support website or the forums asked about VoIP, that shows how important it was. And only thing someone over at console would ask for is just to have the game running properly and without any flaws, and to also have VoIP back up and running, my hard drive literally broke because of how poorly optimized the game is, where the game freezes once in a while when I try to change a single weapon, and that forced me to close application because even if I got my game back to running I would receive another issue called "Lag shooting", an issue where FPS drops whenever you shoot your gun. But even when I try to close application my console would get in a state where it's trying to close the application but it doesn't since it's frozen at the screen of you resupplying the ammo for that one gun you switched to and that doesn't allow the game to close only until that period is over. And most times you were forced to force shut down the console which damages the device itself. 

As for the meta on consoles, you guys over at Little Orbit still believe that the meta over at consoles is made up of only low recoil weapons such as ATAC or I can bring another example, that one being the Raptors. That was the case way up until 2019, yes I saw people still use ATAC even in 2022, I myself have one and I used it time to time whenever I felt like it, but I wouldn't say it is meta, since recoil at this point does not even matter. The meta over at consoles is the same meta from PC before the balance changes were made by you, the Little Orbit team, this means that the normal N-TEC and it's reskins are the dominant weapons in all situations, almost everyone uses one. Along with N-TEC people also use Yukon, because it's still broken over here with it firing super fast, this is pretty much the main meta people follow every time now. Sure people also use SMGs like for example the PMG or Whisper, I myself used to main those too and they're pretty effective, and easy to use. Another gun that also is used a lot is the CR762, and that is because it still has a long range over there and it's basically a good weapon all around since it's a 5 shot kill. And I would also like to bring up 2 weapons that actually really deserve a nerf there, first one being the Troublemaker, the gun got a giant spike in popularity in the past 2 years, everyone can score good with it since it's literally easier to use compared to ATAC. Another gun that deserves a pretty huge nerf is the True Ogre, it literally counters anything over there, and the main reason on that is because people on consoles have a more rushed playstyle, so they are more likely to get flanked by the True Ogre, but at the same time the gun itself deserves a nerf because it kills way too quick and there's barely you can do to counter it when you get against someone with it, it deserves to be at least a 5 shot kill, and mobility also deserves a nerf since it's as big as a SHAW yet you can run as fast as how you'd run with an SMG, that's not really balanced. 

As for the recoil on the game, it's not a big deal and you can easily learn how to control the recoil on guns, you just have to put the effort in. But many people just don't do that, they instead choose to use Third Party for example the Strike Pack, this one allowing players to have some cheats/advantages and allows them to fully control recoil for some guns without even pulling down the Joystick, or it gives them macros. Other third parties people use are Xims, these allow the user to have Mouse and Keyboard movement and it's self explanatory that this is pretty much unfair today, almost everyone used one on fight clubs when I was still playing before I quit, instead of actually going for some balance changes over at consoles you guys should actually look into an anticheat over there too. The main reason why a lot of people quit the game on console is because of these "Tryhards" that use N-TEC 24/7 and nothing else, the gun is way too dominant and it just makes it the only gun people go for and quit because of. 

I hope this can clear up a few things about consoles, I am a PlayStation player and it's based off the experience over there, I don't know anything about Xbox but I am guessing is the same thing.