26 replies to this topic

HUndeadSaints

HUndeadSaints

Conscript

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 03-August 11

Fallen Earth Skills & Mutations Database v1.9.2

It took us longer than we would have liked, but it's finally done. This is hands down the most complete, most detail, and most accurate skills/mutations database fallen earth has ever seen.

Included in the database is the following information:

All Skill/Mutation in all skill/mutation lines
All Skill/Mutation Ranks
Skill/Mutation Skill Requirement
Skill/Mutation Type
Skill/Mutation Target
Skill/Mutation Effect
Skill/Mutation Range
Skill/Mutation Cast Type
Skill/Mutation Cast Time
Skill/Mutation Duration
Skill/Mutation Cool Down
Skill/Mutation Resist
Skill/Mutation Cost (stamina/gamma/etc)
Skill/Mutation Effect Level
Skill/Mutation Vendor Locations (All Towns in All Sectors)

This database was put together by a collaboration of individuals who only had one agenda in mind when doing so.......benefiting the community & the game. This was not done to promote an individual or clan agenda, this is for you the community to use to help you better understand and play the game. I hope you all enjoy and find this useful.

If you see one of the following individuals, please take a second to thank them for their hard work and effort put in to making this database:

Hollywood Undead
Kaliyuga
Rowdy Warpath
Sassa Daisakka
Inanecorn
Vicious Sid
Misbee Haven
Nufan
Redeye

Edited by HUndeadSaints, 14 August 2011 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image

H1ROSHIM4

H1ROSHIM4

Hitman

• Members
  • 968 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11
That's some sexy stuff, thanks guys!

Posted Image

BioFringe

BioFringe

Conscript

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11
For those that may be interested here is the hard copy of the database that also includes a fully functioning Character Builder (complete with Ranks, Conditional Formatting for error checking, and a newly introduced Build Rating):

Skills Database v1.9.2

Over the next couple of days I'll be working on creating instructions for how to get the most out of this tool (complete with visual aides) but for now I must rest.

I hope everyone likes it.

Edited by BioFringe, 14 August 2011 - 11:57 PM.

Lanzo

Sanginius

Sanginius

Conscript

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
Just want to say Thankyou to everyone involved in putting this together, I can see it being of great use, to everyone, both new and old players alike.

Sasha Delmorna

Dunkare

Dunkare

Conscript

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
great stuff! good work guys, thank you very much!

"A Better Tomorrow" rekrutiert SWTOR Spieler für das Imperium (PvP & PvE), bewirb dich jetzt!

ViciousSid

ViciousSid

Conscript

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
Amazing! Thanks a bunch to everyone involved and I'm glad I was able to contribute.

ChrisWestwood

ChrisWestwood

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 07-June 11
Great job guys and Thank You for all your hard work. It's people like you all that keep me in this game.

Edit: Oh and Mods....can we get this sticky'd? Pretty Please?

Edited by ChrisWestwood, 15 August 2011 - 01:14 PM.

Vaako

Vaako

Conscript

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Great work guys, Thank you very much for all that info. :)

Edited by Push, 16 August 2011 - 01:23 PM.

Vaako - Social/Crafter 1240 AP

Mallas

Mallas

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
This is an awesome job guys. Very well done.

But there is one thing I have noticed from all the character builders that have been created.

If you put 23 points into CHA, then our builders show 165 Empathy. But for some reason, when you put 23 CHA into a character in-game, you only have 164 cap.

Can a Dev confirm if the issue is our builder calculations or if there is something wrong with the game calculation? Or is it just my account...
The Awakened Order

Mallas - Sallam - Dustpan - Matrim Asimov

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
A rounding error actually, its a fairly common error you will even see it in other areas(will show say 196 or 195 but when you attempt to increase or decrease it itll revert to the proper thing) and the thing is its most likely just a rounding issue as the planners i have looked at i believe dont round where as ingame they round down...not 100% sure though.

Yeah its a rounding error...in fact all character planners should have a round down part to it. I'll make sure holly's is updated for this soon most likely...this would also explain a common error we ran into where we would try to increase something to a certain number but due to rounding it wasn't possible after finishing a respec as it wouldnt properly round or something during the respec.

Edited by MICFILLER, 22 August 2011 - 02:54 AM.

Tiggs mad.

Mallas

Mallas

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
164 165 Empathy 1 165

I also noticed this on the new builder.

Even though it shows the cap for Empathy as 165. When you input 164 it flags it as red, even though the cap is 164+1.

It seems to be doing that with a lot of the skills. I assume red means the number is higher than it should be.

Edit: Okay so the issue is that the actual calculation is 164.5 which is rounded up. So the red flag is calculating the full 164+1 = 165.

A rounding error actually, its a fairly common error you will even see it in other areas(will show say 196 or 195 but when you attempt to increase or decrease it itll revert to the proper thing) and the thing is its most likely just a rounding issue as the planners i have looked at i believe dont round where as ingame they round down...not 100% sure though.

Yes you're right. But then the issue is that all the planners are incorrect. I noticed this a few weeks ago when I specced my guy in game and had to totally redo the spec because I had to put an extra 5AP into CHA to get to 165 Empathy.

I could never work out how to round 0.5 down, as spreadsheets like to default as rounding it up.

Edited by Mallas, 22 August 2011 - 02:58 AM.

The Awakened Order

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

164 165 Empathy 1 165

I also noticed this on the new builder.

Even though it shows the cap for Empathy as 165. When you input 164 it flags it as red, even though the cap is 164+1.

It seems to be doing that with a lot of the skills. I assume red means the number is higher than it should be.

Yes you're right. But then the issue is that all the planners are incorrect. I noticed this a few weeks ago when I specced my guy in game and had to totally redo the spec because I had to put an extra 5AP into CHA to get to 165 Empathy.

I could never work out how to round 0.5 down, as spreadsheets like to default as rounding it up.

It's not all planners or whatever its just at certain numbers, as for example if you increase ur cha by 1 then it doesn't matter if you round up or down or don't.

In excel to round to the proper spot its:
=Rounddown('Formula', 0)

Formula being whatever the formula for that spot without the rounddown part in it.

Also there is no +1 as remember this is just calculating the max...the 165 u see in the respec is it just being rounded up standardly, where as the proper rounding is actually done outside the respec for some reason(not sure why). If you leave the stat at that level you will see it at the rounded up # but as soon as you go to adjust the ap in it it adjusts to the correct number.

Edited by MICFILLER, 22 August 2011 - 03:03 AM.

Tiggs mad.

Mallas

Mallas

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

It's not all planners or whatever its just at certain numbers, as for example if you increase ur cha by 1 then it doesn't matter if you round up or down or don't.

In excel to round to the proper spot its:
=Rounddown('Formula', 0)

Formula being whatever the formula for that spot without the rounddown part in it.

Also there is no +1 as remember this is just calculating the max...the 165 u see in the respec is it just being rounded up standardly, where as the proper rounding is actually done outside the respec for some reason(not sure why). If you leave the stat at that level you will see it at the rounded up # but as soon as you go to adjust the ap in it it adjusts to the correct number.

All current planers are rounding up. That is what I meant. I checked them all.

I know the +1 is outside the cap calculation. What I am is saying is that the RED marker (which I assume means you are trying to spend too many points past the cap) is flagging up 1 point earlier than it should according to what the cap shows. But as I said, that is because the builder is not rounding down. Once it rounds down then that red marker would be correct.

Thanks for the roundown tip, I should have googled it. :-)
The Awakened Order

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

All current planers are rounding up. That is what I meant. I checked them all.

I know the +1 is outside the cap calculation. What I am is saying is that the RED marker (which I assume means you are trying to spend too many points past the cap) is flagging up 1 point earlier than it should according to what the cap shows. But as I said, that is because the builder is not rounding down. Once it rounds down then that red marker would be correct.

Thanks for the roundown tip, I should have googled it. :-)

Ohh they are, it actually didn't occur to me about what the bug was that we ran into until you made ur post lol...derp a full month later lol.
Tiggs mad.

BioFringe

BioFringe

Conscript

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11
Ok, so it looks like I need to add the Rounddown function to the builder in order to get the max numbers correct. I already had this in one formula but didn't include it in the others for some reason. This will also require a minor adjustment to the Error Correct checks but that's not a big deal. I had planned on spending more time with the Conditional Formatting (red text) as it was something that I threw in literally at the last hour.

Also, please note that I had no excel knowledge prior to working on this project so it's all just a learning work in progress. So please keep the feedback coming as to anything that needs or could be changed, fixed, or added in possible future updates.

Thanks for the feedback. It has been added to the To-Do list.

Edited by BioFringe, 22 August 2011 - 04:44 AM.

Lanzo

Mallas

Mallas

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Ok, so it looks like I need to add the Rounddown function to the builder in order to get the max numbers correct. I already had this in one formula but didn't include it in the others for some reason. This will also require a minor adjustment to the Error Correct checks but that's not a big deal. I had planned on spending more time with the Conditional Formatting (red text) as it was something that I threw in literally at the last hour.

Also, please note that I had no excel knowledge prior to working on this project so it's all just a learning work in progress. So please keep the feedback coming as to anything that needs or could be changed, fixed, or added in possible future updates.

Thanks for the feedback. It has been added to the To-Do list.

No worries mate, you've done a great job. I did an advanced Excel course over 10 years ago and have forgotten most of it. But thank the Gods for google. :)

Your conditional formatting seems to be spot on, the only issue was rounding down the cap formulas.

Now if only someone with Kodan's talent could convert it all to a sexy UI.
The Awakened Order

OmniWarlord

OmniWarlord

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
I dont know anything about this stuff , im still dling the patch tho but anyway thank you very much guys. Hope this data will make sense to me when im in game xD.

FNut

FNut

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Has anyone verified this data against the current v2.0?

BioFringe

BioFringe

Conscript

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11

Has anyone verified this data against the current v2.0?

There have been no skill adjustments since the release of this database. At least no published adjustments and no evidence of any changes in game. If anyone finds any discrepancies please report them so that they can be taken care of.
Lanzo

PsychicSmurf

PsychicSmurf

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
So, is there any definitive word on the rounding issues?

With END=98 and COO=65
Max Armor Use = ((98 * .75) + (65 * .25)) * 2
This gives 179.5 to be exact.

Excel, by default, appears to round up. However, from what I can see, the game does both! My online planner currently rounds down.

In game. the Max Skill value appears to be rounded up, whilst the number of points you can actually put into it appears to be rounded down.
eg A skill says it can have 81 max, but you can only raise it to 80 in game.

Does anyone know the actual logic behind this that is willing to share?

HUndeadSaints

HUndeadSaints

Conscript

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Joined 03-August 11

So, is there any definitive word on the rounding issues?

With END=98 and COO=65
Max Armor Use = ((98 * .75) + (65 * .25)) * 2
This gives 179.5 to be exact.

Excel, by default, appears to round up. However, from what I can see, the game does both! My online planner currently rounds down.

In game. the Max Skill value appears to be rounded up, whilst the number of points you can actually put into it appears to be rounded down.
eg A skill says it can have 81 max, but you can only raise it to 80 in game.

Does anyone know the actual logic behind this that is willing to share?

There are rounding errors not much you can do about it. Its an issue with how the game is doing rounding, below 180 the game rounds down and above it rounds up, just gotta live with it.

Posted Image

PsychicSmurf

PsychicSmurf

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
Ok, a follow-up:

As far as I was aware, and the spreadsheets etc, Skills/Mutations had the formula of ((G6*0.75)+(G4*0.25))*2
or ((G6*0.5)+(G4*0.5))*2 for some of them.

However, I've just noticed a discrepancy in both my planner and the spreadsheet.

On one toon, I have 54 End, 54 Int, and 36 Coo (level 26)
Using the formula, for both Armor Use and Group Tactics, that should then be:
((54*0.75)+(36*0.25))*2
(40.5 + 9) * 2
or 99

However I currently have, in game, 100 Armor Use, and my Group Tactics also shows 100 as a max value (although I haven't maxed it).

Has something changed that you know of? What could cause this?

PsychicSmurf

PsychicSmurf

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
Formula now confirmed from the devs:

ROUND(Skill1 * .75 + Skill2 * .25) * 2
or
ROUND(Skill1 * .5 + Skill2 * .5) * 2
depending on the skill/mutation

So first round off the sum of the two products, and then multiply by two.

criggitychron

criggitychron

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 25-November 11
:D Thank you! For your Hard work and time on this,and thank you for saving me countless hours trying to look this up through many sources,in vain.
"I Pledge Allegiance To No Flag,Top The Bottle With An Oily Rag"

Deaths Kiss

Deaths Kiss

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12
This really saved my bacon !! ~lol~ thanks sooooooooooo much for all of those involved in getting it put together !!

Faeryl

Faeryl

Novice

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 18-December 12

For those that may be interested here is the hard copy of the database that also includes a fully functioning Character Builder (complete with Ranks, Conditional Formatting for error checking, and a newly introduced Build Rating):

Skills Database v1.9.2

Over the next couple of days I'll be working on creating instructions for how to get the most out of this tool (complete with visual aides) but for now I must rest.

I hope everyone likes it.

I keep getting:

Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found.

Suggested Actions
Check the URL that you have typed and retry.
Posted Image

Alvaro Early

Alvaro Early

Respected

• Members
  • 940 posts
  • Joined 21-December 12
Because it's over year ago from last response. For actual "database" go to Complete skills and mutation guide in New player FAQs and guides.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users