Hyped240

The state of using Macros

I had a question about using macros. I recently bought a steelseries rival 700. This mouse has its own program that offers endless customization (including in-depth macros). I know in games like csgo it’s no biggie.  I’m not too sure about using anything like that in apb though. It comes pre set with a mouse1 auto fire and I was wondering if anything like that can get me banned. I did a brief search online and it’s in a blank place, with some arguing it is and it’s not. If like a GM or someone who knows what their doing could let me know that would be great thanks. 

EDIT: I’m not saying just for shooting spam, I’m just talking about macros in general. Like jumping or anything along those lines.

Edited by Hyped240

You really can't get banned for using macros as it's near impossible (If even possible) for anything to pick it up without the program it's self being blocked by an anti-cheat.

Players may call you mean names for using macros, but you really can't get banned for it.
Even if it's against ToS it's too hard to distinguish between a real player or a macro. 

Just now, Asparii said:

You really can't get banned for using macros as it's near impossible (If even possible) for anything to pick it up without the program it's self being blocked by an anti-cheat.

Players may call you mean names for using macros, but you really can't get banned for it.
Even if it's against ToS it's too hard to distinguish between a real player or a macro. 

Thanks for fast reply, But I mean if someone were to look at some kind of logs or anything surrounding viewing another player. Wouldn’t they see the consistency that a macro may have vs a normal hand movement. Example: if I were to set one to shoot every 215 Milliseconds. Instead of me just shooting normally? 

Just now, Hyped240 said:

Wouldn’t they see the consistency that a macro may have vs a normal hand movement. Example: if I were to set one to shoot every 215 Milliseconds. Instead of me just shooting normally? 

Well, it'd be possible.
It depends on what the macro is accomplishing as to how obvious it is, but even then unless it's completely obvious I doubt anything would happen since LO don't want false bans (Which is entirely understandable).

I'd suggest contacting a moderator through PM for better details in regards to how this works ect.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/staff/

6 hours ago, Asparii said:

Unless it’s performing an action at variable intervals, it’s not too difficult to pick up on. 

1 hour ago, freq said:

Unless it’s performing an action at variable intervals, it’s not too difficult to pick up on. 

As I stated it depends on the action.
CS:GO was an example already used, what if it's jump throwing for grenades? 
How can you tell someone's using a macro to get it at the maximum height? What if they just know the height to throw it at?
Obviously there's spots where it's too difficult to be consistent but it simple cases like grenades and the like it's very difficult to say with 100% certainty. 

6 minutes ago, Asparii said:

As I stated it depends on the action.
CS:GO was an example already used, what if it's jump throwing for grenades? 
How can you tell someone's using a macro to get it at the maximum height? What if they just know the height to throw it at?
Obviously there's spots where it's too difficult to be consistent but it simple cases like grenades and the like it's very difficult to say with 100% certainty. 

My point being if you hit the EXACT same timing down to the millisecond every single time, you’re obviously using a macro. 

2 minutes ago, freq said:

My point being if you hit the EXACT same timing down to the millisecond every single time, you’re obviously using a macro. 

I can do it pretty accurately, and it's hard to look down to the exact moment without recording it and analysing it and slowing it down.
Most observations are going to be in game and just watching, you'd need to have reason in the first place to suspect them which is going to be hard to get because it's only milliseconds you're looking at. 

Edited by Asparii

I dont think your actual click rate has to be "perfect" to get a perfect fire rate... seems to be a lot of slop there

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I dont think your actual click rate has to be "perfect" to get a perfect fire rate... seems to be a lot of slop there

It does not need to be perfect. You have a little bit of leeway in the sweet spot to get it firing consistent. Though you still do have to learn that rhythm which honestly is not that hard. Plus learning the rhythm will get you far more control over the gun than running a macro.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It does not need to be perfect. You have a little bit of leeway in the sweet spot to get it firing consistent. Though you still do have to learn that rhythm which honestly is not that hard. Plus learning the rhythm will get you far more control over the gun than running a macro.

Maybe Im just that awesome, but it seems super easy to do.

I wonder if theres any data on the leeway?