R3ACT3M

64bit tracers

20 hours ago, El-Neko said:

I would love to see them back. They are great also bring back the DoF and HD bloom while at it. Hell bring back alot of missing effects that lost during that "optimization" patches years ago...

Let's not bring those parts back. Or at least let me toggle them.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Let's not bring those parts back. Or at least let me toggle them.

both were toggleable back in the day
really makes me curious as to why they were just plainly removed from the game

1 minute ago, Yeedman said:

both were toggleable back in the day
really makes me curious as to why they were just plainly removed from the game

I meant more between current bloom and past bloom textures. I'm in the rare category that prefers the current bloom.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Am I weird for really liking the old RTW hud? It looks a lot cleaner.

14 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Am I weird for really liking the old RTW hud? It looks a lot cleaner.

It doesn't block your vision like the current hud. Looks way better.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:49 PM, glaciers said:

they look more like smoke trails than tracers to me

for comparison an rtw trailer had more realistic tracers that i think look way better
rfhWjt5.pngQcf308R.png

source: 

lol, rtw ui looks much better. So clean

On 11/4/2022 at 5:44 PM, R3ACT3M said:

Can weapon tracers be re-activated with this 64bit upgrade or nah?

No because there is no 64bit upgrade coming.

On 11/4/2022 at 9:54 PM, glaciers said:

tracers are ugly af tho, keep them off

It is not a matter of look but visual feedback. Something that this game can benefit greatly.

Edited by PotatoeGirl

6 hours ago, PotatoeGirl said:

No because there is no 64bit upgrade coming.

Then why are you still around

One of the things I always wanted back. Shooting unsilenced weapons felt like something was missing. 

I wouldn't get my hopes up as I'm certain LO won't be able to finish 64 bit upgrade due to some "unforeseen consequences" and unwilingless on their end. There was a point when I was among the naive and believed that engine upgrade would eventually come. That hope started fading in 2015 and was completely lost later on. LO sparked some hope in 2018 or whenever they took over but little hope there was left was lost in 2020 after no progress to show.

It's funny because this feels just like what G1 did. First 2 years they tried to work on the game and abandoned it in 2013. LO showed some effort for the first two years and later dropped it in favor of NFT or whatever else.

Edited by Weaboos

7 hours ago, Weaboos said:

One of the things I always wanted back. Shooting unsilenced weapons felt like something was missing. 

I wouldn't get my hopes up as I'm certain LO won't be able to finish 64 bit upgrade due to some "unforeseen consequences" and unwilingless on their end. There was a point when I was among the naive and believed that engine upgrade would eventually come. That hope started fading in 2015 and was completely lost later on. LO sparked some hope in 2018 or whenever they took over but little hope there was left was lost in 2020 after no progress to show.

It's funny because this feels just like what G1 did. First 2 years they tried to work on the game and abandoned it in 2013. LO showed some effort for the first two years and later dropped it in favor of NFT or whatever else.

Or if it does get finished (way longer than it should) they will of course fuck up multiple things.