R3ACT3M

64bit tracers

Can weapon tracers be re-activated with this 64bit upgrade or nah?

you bronze? 😏 nothing bad even if u are..just guessin dat thats why u want to see from where u get shoot at

tracers are ugly af tho, keep them off

5 hours ago, glaciers said:

ur ugly

i want tracers back

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlienTM said:

you bronze? 😏 nothing bad even if u are..just guessin dat thats why u want to see from where u get shoot at

I haven't checked in a while, probably green. But I just thought they looked nice. Made engagements look like an action movie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

I just thought they looked nice

if you like it you like it, no shame in that regardless of threat

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I'm prob gold for real, i really stopped caring a while ago. But I loved this one video I watched which described perfectly what makes apb "fun" and it's that feeling of you're a badass in your own action flick. When you're in your vegas all 4 wheels screeching as you drift into the objective jumping out guns blazing at the enemy.

Now if you played either the games F.E.A.R or Trepang2 (demo) both these games have that gun-fu feeling. The exaggerated tracers that rip through the enemy when you hit them is just really fun to see. I figured with this potential 64bit upgrade we could see them return as they were a performance concern in the past.

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

anyone who thinks this looked good deserves to be shamed

nyKQSnm.jpg

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

nyKQSnm.jpg

https://imgur.com/HzJxQV4

Healing brush go brrr

Still what is wrong with the tracers?

Edited by R3ACT3M
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, glaciers said:

nyKQSnm.jpg

I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS I LIKE TRACERS 

32 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

https://imgur.com/HzJxQV4

Healing brush go brrr

Still what is wrong with the tracers?

they look more like smoke trails than tracers to me

for comparison an rtw trailer had more realistic tracers that i think look way better
rfhWjt5.pngQcf308R.png

source: 

• Like 2

they look more like smoke trails than tracers to me

for comparison an rtw trailer had more realistic tracers that i think look way better

They look cool, but after hearing an argument for Saints Row, that style of tracer would at least have to be sped up a lot to make sure shooting bullets didn't feel clunky or sluggish

Edited by R3ACT3M

15 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

They look cool, but after hearing an argument for Saints Row, that style of tracer would at least have to be sped up a lot to make sure shooting bullets didn't feel clunky or sluggish

speed is certainly down to game feel, but i think the trailer is pretty close to actual
tracer-fire.gif

old apb tracers hang around way longer than the trailer anyway, its part of why i don't think they look good

• Like 1

old apb tracers hang around way longer than the trailer anyway, its part of why i don't think they look good

cause they're supposed to be smoooookey. It would be kinda cool *if* this game takes off to allow tracers to be effected by weapon skins. but that idea is at the end of the rainbow

I would love to see them back. They are great also bring back the DoF and HD bloom while at it. Hell bring back alot of missing effects that lost during that "optimization" patches years ago...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El-Neko said:

I would love to see them back. They are great also bring back the DoF and HD bloom while at it. Hell bring back alot of missing effects that lost during that "optimization" patches years ago...

Wait the bloom isn't HD? brooooother

Reminder that tracers were also part of sniper rifle balancing, making it immediately obvious where the sniper is sniping from. Their removal is part of the reason sniper gameplay became so cancerous.

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Wait the bloom isn't HD? brooooother

Yeah they changed it since it looked much better at nights in RTW. Im sure people hate it but I'll love to see the glowy bloom again...

APB-Reloaded-8.jpg

On 11/4/2022 at 9:54 PM, glaciers said:

N-HVR 243 SD series

N-HVR 762-SD series

Pathfinder SD series

PSR 'Osprey'

VAS-R2 'Crown'

Raptor 45 'Hawk'

ATAC 424 "Watchman"

They all disagree.

2 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

N-HVR 243 SD series

N-HVR 762-SD series

Pathfinder SD series

PSR 'Osprey'

VAS-R2 'Crown'

Raptor 45 'Hawk'

ATAC 424 "Watchman"

They all disagree.

all the guns that dont have tracers disagree that tracers are ugly?

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

all the guns that dont have tracers disagree that tracers are ugly?

Having no tracers at all would make the rifle silencer and the sniper silencer mods completely and nearly useless mods. These mods are bad regardless, the only benefit of the rifle silencer is that it hides tracers.  

20 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Having no tracers at all would make the rifle silencer and the sniper silencer mods completely and nearly useless mods. These mods are bad regardless, the only benefit of the rifle silencer is that it hides tracers.  

tracers returning wont make silencers viable, they aren’t really a gameplay factor above a certain skill level