NotTheEnforcer

For anyone who thinks the rank/threat/district system isn't broken...

2 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

Right we need to determine how to judge someone's skill level in such a way they can't cheat the system by just tanking their stats and getting stuck in lower tiers. So my question is how would you determine someone's skill cap. Should not be based on time played in district, kills would be something but that can be overthrown from the bayland and towers districts. 

can we use ff analysis? if its supposed to be able to detect people suddenly playing better it should be able to detect people suddenly playing worse

might even be able to enforce the "no dethreating" rule since itd be pretty easy to prove with statistics

Just now, BXNNXD said:

can we use ff analysis? if its supposed to be able to detect people suddenly playing better it should be able to detect people suddenly playing worse

might even be able to enforce the "no dethreating" rule since itd be pretty easy to prove with statistics

Well i have to say that some people have reasons why their skill can be shittastic sometimes and better at other times.

2 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Well i have to say that some people have reasons why their skill can be shittastic sometimes and better at other times.

I agree some days I'm great the next in terrible. I think I've figured it out though....I'll need a moment to think more about it.

9 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

Right we need to determine how to judge someone's skill level in such a way they can't cheat the system by just tanking their stats and getting stuck in lower tiers. So my question is how would you determine someone's skill cap. Should not be based on time played in district, kills would be something but that can be overthrown from the bayland and towers districts. 

established long term average score. any deviation beyond a standard deviation, to be established based on high low average, are disregarded.

1 minute ago, SelttikS said:

for sure, but i have to assume that a program that can catch people who toggle can also catch people who do the opposite

also id assume most dethreating would be super obvious when looking at the stats ff can record - wouldnt even need to ban just a flag so a GM can pop in and spectate

3 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I agree some days I'm great the next in terrible. I think I've figured it out though....I'll need a moment to think more about it.

Well there are other reasons, like intoxication, illnesses that are episodic, Mood.

Going on just the basis that someone started playing terrible statistically in an attempt to dethreat is a really bad foundation and should never be sole reason someone be punished. I'd rather not have the fear of coming home drunk one night and just playing like an absolute clown then just randomly getting punished/banned because I'm not playing as good as I usually do. Or sometimes I play when I'm ill and my response time is alot slower, same thing. Hell even sometimes I just like playing with the dumbest loadouts because it's a game and I want to have fun in a handicapped way sometimes.

Edited by Guppiez

just have it where if your score is outside X % of your average then it does not count towards your mmr. That prevents feeding/farming to gain mmr and throwing to DT.

I believe the long term plan is to either rework threat determination so as to make threat change much slower, or to scrap the system altogether for something better. (this according to the Q&A)

In the meantime if you think soneone is intentionally dethreating, send whatever evidence you have to support. They'll be able to sort it out. 

Edited by CookiePuss

On 6/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, NotTheEnforcer said:

Is that really where you're gonna start your thoughts on this thread? By being negative? Honestly that's just sad.

Regardless, if you think the threat system isn't broken, then you haven't paid much attention to the game itself or it's community. Dethreating is bannable now under the new TOS, but there's no enforcement. Not to mention people can still dethreat without an issue and continue to cause hell on lower-threat servers.

Darn it, I should have screenshotted the match I had in Citadel against 2 trainee suspected cheaters who went who each racked up 14 and 15 kills against me and a lil bronzie.  It weren't pretty since rerolling a new account to do shenanigans is still a thing. (Btw reason for the suspicion is their sniper range stars sometimes shot thru walls... often as soon as your head peaked out, exited a car, or was somewhere that came immediately into range. And boy dat range...) All I could say in District was: "Where are the GM's?"  Who we hope will one day be on the districts to have a look or even spectate especially suspicious new low level reroll characters on throw-away accounts. your team match up looked more fair then some tbh, doesn't mean you didn't have a camped obj though.  I have seen full gold teams match versus a low silver and a trainee before. Funny thing is, the wild card trainee's are often the practice cheat or shenanigans accounts... and sometimes they get 29 kills in a match, jus sayin it's kinda bad, but it's been bad for a long time... at least I'm optimistic there's a future fix.  I think of it as playing an Alpha game right now... and don't take it too seriously. LO bought a borked and broken game.  That's what we're playing... on potato servers even.  But... it won't always be this bad. in fact it has the potential to be amazing.  that's why I'm here, for APB: Reborn. And even though some missions are so unfair they make you groan... game is still fun sometimes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hey! said:

Darn it, I should have screenshotted the match I had in Citadel against 2 trainee suspected cheaters who went who each racked up 14 and 15 kills against me and a lil bronzie.  It weren't pretty since rerolling a new account to do shenanigans is still a thing. (Btw reason for the suspicion is their sniper range stars sometimes shot thru walls... often as soon as your head peaked out, exited a car, or was somewhere that came immediately into range. And boy dat range...) All I could say in District was: "Where are the GM's?"  Who we hope will one day be on the districts to have a look or even spectate especially suspicious new low level reroll characters on throw-away accounts. your team match up looked more fair then some tbh, doesn't mean you didn't have a camped obj though.  I have seen full gold teams match versus a low silver and a trainee before. Funny thing is, the wild card trainee's are often the practice cheat or shenanigans accounts... and sometimes they get 29 kills in a match, jus sayin it's kinda bad, but it's been bad for a long time... at least I'm optimistic there's a future fix.  I think of it as playing an Alpha game right now... and don't take it too seriously. LO bought a borked and broken game.  That's what we're playing... on potato servers even.  But... it won't always be this bad. in fact it has the potential to be amazing.  that's why I'm here, for APB: Reborn. And even though some missions are so unfair they make you groan... game is still fun sometimes.

Oh absolutely. Im not saying the game isn't fun. Even with the glitches, old content, and cheaters, it's still one of my favorites games and I honestly think Im addicted to it. But, it could always be better. I hope they implement IP/HWID/Payment bans. I think Payment bans would be the most effective. It'd prevent users who manage to bypass the IP and HWID bans and reroll, to be unable to buy anything from Armas with the same Paypal/Card/purchase method. So any rerolls would be stuck ranking up without premium, without any early unlocks or access to high-quality weapons at a low rank.

match making isnt as much as a problem as you idiots make it out to be.

Match making gets skewed due to dethreaters and people who just don't know how to play the game.

match making needs a rework because people who think its okay to play in the bronze district while being silver is completely fine, and then cry about fighting people who match making assumes are within their skill level because the silvers are killing bronze players, and winning missions non stop.

Then they cry wolf and throw a tantrum when match making goes 'OK THIS PLAYER MUST BE GOOD LETS MATCH THEM AGAINST SOME ONE OF THEIR SKILL LEVEL'

and then you are matched against golds who are also farming mission wins in the district.

Match making is based on your score within the mission. It is not based on kills, deaths, or assists. It is based on the scores you get during the mission, that happens to be gained from doing objectives, killing other players, etc.

The only people who think match making is fine are morons.

But you idiots think match making is broken solely because you guys are killing players and winning missions against players who have little experience playing the game. And then you are matched against people who have experience in the game because you refuse to play in a district solely because you are afraid of losing a mission.

Matchmaking is only a small part of the problem. The rest of it are the players who think they're hot shit playing in a district not meant for them.

3 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

snip cause hateful

Good thing the CEO doesn't think there is any issues with matchmaking and threat... oh wait.

If a system can be abused, and it hella is abused, then there is an issue with it. One the reason for the abuse needs to be fixed. B the ability to abuse the system needs fixed. D the spread of threat needs to be more evenly spread out, so that moist of the population is not gold like it is now. And finally Three not everyone is a moron or idiot like you keep telling yourself, Please try and be a better person and let go of some of that self hate that holds you back in life.

Hugs and RAINBOWWWWSSSS!

3 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Hugs and RAINBOWWWWSSSS!

so instead of reading u just upset i called you dumb lol

pretty normal i guess

:^)

4 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Good thing the CEO doesn't think there is any issues with matchmaking and threat... oh wait.

If a system can be abused, and it hella is abused, then there is an issue with it. One the reason for the abuse needs to be fixed. B the ability to abuse the system needs fixed. D the spread of threat needs to be more evenly spread out, so that moist of the population is not gold like it is now. And finally Three not everyone is a moron or idiot like you keep telling yourself, Please try and be a better person and let go of some of that self hate that holds you back in life.

Hugs and RAINBOWWWWSSSS!

Just now, Obvious Lesbian said:

pretty normal i guess

are you two dating? really sound like it....

anyways I don't see any dethreating in that post like you talked about so .....what?

18 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

match making isnt as much as a problem as you idiots make it out to be.

Match making gets skewed due to dethreaters and people who just don't know how to play the game.

match making needs a rework because people who think its okay to play in the bronze district while being silver is completely fine, and then cry about fighting people who match making assumes are within their skill level because the silvers are killing bronze players, and winning missions non stop.

Then they cry wolf and throw a tantrum when match making goes 'OK THIS PLAYER MUST BE GOOD LETS MATCH THEM AGAINST SOME ONE OF THEIR SKILL LEVEL'

and then you are matched against golds who are also farming mission wins in the district.

Match making is based on your score within the mission. It is not based on kills, deaths, or assists. It is based on the scores you get during the mission, that happens to be gained from doing objectives, killing other players, etc.

The only people who think match making is fine are morons.

But you idiots think match making is broken solely because you guys are killing players and winning missions against players who have little experience playing the game. And then you are matched against people who have experience in the game because you refuse to play in a district solely because you are afraid of losing a mission.

Matchmaking is only a small part of the problem. The rest of it are the players who think they're hot shit playing in a district not meant for them.

2 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

pretty normal i guess

You don't do well with criticism eh?

I went through your statements and evaluated them for what they were worth. You tend to throw out insults to everyone to try and make yourself look and feel better. If you cut through all the hate you may have some points but mostly no one wants to read that much garbage.

Just now, Obvious Lesbian said:

It's pretty obvious the OP was in bronze district judging from the ratio of golds and silvers. People who aren't supposed to be in bronze tend to hide there to inflate their egos and make them feel better about themselves and how they play.

where else would they be for a thread like this to exist ?

who doesn't think threat and matchmaking doesn't need to be fixed anyways

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Morons and idiots. It stated so in its previous post.

Calling people stupid when they're stupid is not really insulting. Not my fault you take offense, just tells me you think you're probably stupid in the back of your mind.

Yeah so how often do you talk to your friends, if you have any, like that? I know try a little experiment make a post calling all of LO staff all these insults and see how long before its locked? Good idea right because no one would ever find insults insulting.

Just now, SelttikS said:

Yeah so how often do you talk to your friends, if you have any, like that? I know try a little experiment make a post calling all of LO staff all these insults and see how long before its locked? Good idea right because no one would ever find insults insulting.

it was a rhetorical question - implying that only a moron wouldn't think so and the rest of u  do......sigh

It's pretty obvious the OP was in bronze district judging from the ratio of golds and silvers. People who aren't supposed to be in bronze tend to hide there to inflate their egos and make them feel better about themselves and how they play.

Calling people stupid when they're stupid is not really insulting. Not my fault you take offense, just tells me you think you're probably stupid in the back of your mind.

Just now, SelttikS said:

you two should go on a date for some ice cream

and just chill 😛

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

where else would they be for a thread like this to exist ?

Match making needs a major tweak in regards to how threat is calculated, or remove threat entirely.

The current match making is based on how much you score rather than the amount of kills and deaths you have. Deaths do not factor in at all when it comes scoring and objectives make up a majority of the score you earn. It's normally lop sided for the team with the most objectives in the first place. So losing defense missions hurts your threat more than losing offensive missions.

If match making took account for deaths and removed some score when players died, match making would be less of a problem than it is now.

Match making is too easily skewed due to the amount of score you receive from objectives as compared to kills. You could become gold 10 without killing a single person if you tried.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

you two should go on a date for some ice cream

and just chill 😛

Are you that friend always trying to hook people up? 🙂

28 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

Match making needs a major tweak in regards to how threat is calculated, or remove threat entirely.

The current match making is based on how much you score rather than the amount of kills and deaths you have. Deaths do not factor in at all when it comes scoring and objectives make up a majority of the score you earn. It's normally lop sided for the team with the most objectives in the first place. So losing defense missions hurts your threat more than losing offensive missions.

If match making took account for deaths and removed some score when players died, match making would be less of a problem than it is now.

Match making is too easily skewed due to the amount of score you receive from objectives as compared to kills. You could become gold 10 without killing a single person if you tried.

28 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Are you that friend always trying to hook people up? 🙂

honestly..,,..yes lol

back on topic : Little Orbit mentioned how fixing matchmaking will come soon so cant wait to see how much better matches can be

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

honestly..,,..yes lol

back on topic : Little Orbit mentioned how fixing matchmaking will come soon so cant wait to see how much better matches can be

Hopefully better at least, never know. Would like to know more about the cross district matchmaking how that will work out, but that gets rid of the problem with the MM pool being tiny.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:54 PM, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

Console has no threat levels. Meaning you could be a good player with all contracts done and have nothing but teamkilling noobs on your team.

lets have this in PC version as well 🙂

Problem with most of players are seeing the actual rank.. Look at the gold player score he played worse than your silver teammate... Golds playing in bronze districts are mostly lame noobs who can play worse than a good silver player.. So sit down play and try to step up