NotTheEnforcer

For anyone who thinks the rank/threat/district system isn't broken...

This is in Bronze district and judging from the way they played, the vast majority of them are competitive Gold's that just dethreat. I bounce between Silver and Gold pretty frequently because I can't devote all my time to learning about APB, but this is a serious problem. This fight wasn't fun in the least because everyone started pulling explosive weapons out and only things that high-ranks could get. If it's a pain in the patootie for me, what about all the new, low-rank players that face this garbage? It has to be hell for them.

EDIT: THE POINT OF THIS POST IS TO ADDRESS THE FACT THAT HIGH-RANKS ARE INTENTIONALLY DETHREATING TO JOIN LOW-THREAT (BRONZE) SERVERS. THE SCREENSHOT IS ONLY PRESENT FOR SHOWING OF RANKS, NOTHING ELSE.

• Like 2

Just now, Niedosik said:

Don't be salty because you went 0-6-2.

Is that really where you're gonna start your thoughts on this thread? By being negative? Honestly that's just sad.

Regardless, if you think the threat system isn't broken, then you haven't paid much attention to the game itself or it's community. Dethreating is bannable now under the new TOS, but there's no enforcement. Not to mention people can still dethreat without an issue and continue to cause hell on lower-threat servers.

I don't think there is anyone that believes it isn't borked. 

Edited by Shozonu
  • Thanks 1

They - have - threat - and - matchmaking - rework - in - the - pipeline.

And dethreating is not against the ToS. However intentional dethreating was always against the ToS, it’s just not easily detected and enforced.

And what is a competitive gold? I would guess a high threat gold? It would take absolute ages for them to dethreat to silver.

1 minute ago, AsgerLund said:

They - have - threat - and - matchmaking - rework - in - the - pipeline.

And dethreating is not against the ToS. However intentional dethreating was always against the ToS, it’s just not easily detected and enforced.

And what is a competitive gold? I would guess a high threat gold? It would take absolute ages for them to dethreat to silver.

I know it's in the pipeline, but to seemingly many people ingame, there's a population that thinks it isn't an issue. And that's what I meant by dethreating is against TOS, intentional dethreating.

Basically what I meant by "competitive gold", is that they're more than capable of fighting the highest-skilled players, but they choose to dethreat and instead use that skill against much less-capable opponents.

1 minute ago, killerskull said:

borked? How old are you?

Oh Im sorry, are we stooping to your level where you can't seemingly grasp that other people use different words than you would? Man, this community, still as toxic as ever.

5 minutes ago, killerskull said:

borked? How old are you?

borked is hella old slang tho?

• Like 1

Wait, who is supposed to be the dethreaters?

No one on either side seem to be doing particularly well.

Am I missing something?

Also, what does rank have to do with it.

Im sorry, Im just honestly confused.

• Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:

borked is hella old slang tho?

I think he might've thought I meant it as the "bork/doggo" meme-thing (or whatever it was). Not borked as in broken.

1 minute ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

I think he might've thought I meant it as the "bork/doggo" meme-thing (or whatever it was). Not borked as in broken.

how old is he then lmao

33 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

This is in Bronze district and judging from the way they played, the vast majority of them are competitive Gold's that just dethreat. I bounce between Silver and Gold pretty frequently because I can't devote all my time to learning about APB, but this is a serious problem. This fight wasn't fun in the least because everyone started pulling explosive weapons [...]

Where even to start... actually nowhere since you have clearly no freaking idea how "competitive golds" play or rather on what level.

Just scrubs playing vs a littler more tryhardish scrubs! You can take that as an insult for as much as I took your degradation of actual golds!

18 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Where even to start... actually nowhere since you have clearly no freaking idea how "competitive golds" play or rather on what level.

Just scrubs playing vs a littler more tryhardish scrubs! You can take that as an insult for as much as I took your degradation of actual golds!

Hard to take it as an insult when that was a laughably poor attempt and execution at an insult. Also, your "actual golds" claim holds no value, considering the threat system is broken and therefore has no relation to skill.

1 minute ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Hard to take it as an insult when that was a laughably poor attempt and execution at an insult. Also, your "actual golds" claim holds no value, considering the threat system is broken and therefore has no relation to skill.

Just because you can't keep a steady yellow doesn't mean it has no relation to skill at all.

In fact the part where it really is broken means that anyone who doesn't even reach gold is incapable of possessing the qualifications for making any such statement! 

4 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

what exactly is the issue with this screenshot?

3 high rank silvers and some other silvers vs 3 other high rank silvers and some other other silvers seems fair to me

So this is the example you chose to use? really this with one gold difference?

• Like 1

not only the thread system, the spawn system too i mean enemy spawn 50 meters or less  from you given you less time to do the objective

coming back to the picture  i haven't seen a long list like that in awhile 

anybody notice this guy name <ChingaTuMadres> is that even allowed in names lol?

Edited by Zalman18

I think the screenshot is more broken , it is not doing what it supposed to be supporting to the topic and you seems to under performing for the fps and ping shown. 😯 

• Like 1

I mean, the easiest fix to this problem is for OP to git gud.

Git gud?

And yeah its broken. We are "missing" a threat and this would be the easiest fix of all. Oh, and hard lock the districts when this gets put in. No golds in something servers. 

Gold

Something

Silver

Bronze

Edited by Fasalina

more threat ranks cause more empty servers and people dethreating is what we want.

and in this example yes git gud is a valid solution. teams were balanced enough that no one should be bitching about it.

when it is say a green, two bronze and a silver vs 4 golds, thats a good example of it being shit.

All this talk about threat and meanwhile the servers are shitting themselves on the regular.

24Jn12A.gif