Giodra

Please, introduce queue sistem for joining servers !

Hi all,

I like this idea, but it doesn't honestly solve the core problem of why people want to join the most populated servers in the first place.

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter what server you join - except for what kind of district you want to play in.

Players should match with any other player currently in any instance of their same district.

This would significantly improve your matches, because the server can choose from a much wider population.

Unfortunately we need Phasing to make this work. Phasing is the ability to throw away the network layer and rebuild it without unloading all the level assets.

That isn't supported in Unreal 3.0. So we've put this change as soon as possible after Unreal 3.5 launches.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

I solved the problem years ago by making a autohotkey script that would spam join for me. Now when I get kicked by BE for using it, I'm once again feeling the pain.

Edited by SilverCrow

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter what server you join - except for what kind of district you want to play in.

As seen before, some people want to join a different server of the same district to avoid playing against certain TOS breakers and since there's no immediate 'on the fly' action taken against TOS breakers, leaving the server and joining the same district is currently the best option they have. I can only understand their frustration of trying to join a different full district since joining an empty one (less then 10 players) makes matchmaking a bit harder and more time consuming. A que system wouldn't be a bad option in such case.

Edited by Spy
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I like this idea, but it doesn't honestly solve the core problem of why people want to join the most populated servers in the first place.

Players should match with any other player currently in any instance of their same district.

This would significantly improve your matches, because the server can choose from a much wider population.

Unfortunately we need Phasing to make this work. Phasing is the ability to throw away the network layer and rebuild it without unloading all the level assets.

That isn't supported in Unreal 3.0. So we've put this change as soon as possible after Unreal 3.5 launches.

Thanks,
Matt

I am excited to see this level of thought going into the game. Thanks.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

While I support cross-district matchmaking, I do hope we won't see a future where every mission requires you to switch district. It would greatly diminish the feel of being in a real living world. The game should attempt to put the right players in the correct district for their threat at the outset.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

I really hope to see this change in the game Matt, appreciate the effort.

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Unfortunately we need Phasing to make this work.

This is awesome news that you guys are seriously considering this, and probably one of the most important changes needed for APB. Though, keep in mind of making the transition as seamless as possible, and try to minimize how often a player or group is moved, as to maintain the sense of the world they are in.

3 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

While I support cross-district matchmaking, I do hope we won't see a future where every mission requires you to switch district. It would greatly diminish the feel of being in a real living world. The game should attempt to put the right players in the correct district for their threat at the outset.

I agree, mah immmmmersion 😄

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

I f**king love how you explain what these things are, so we actually get an understanding of what it's about, and that you're not just making s**t up. I feel like i'm learning cool stuff about game development everytime.

3 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

this is very true.. Its allot why I get so pissed off at playing GTA5

omg 100% lock-on babies.

don't worry Iv'e saved copy

Edited by Dahel

4 minutes ago, Dahel said:

omg 100% lock-on babies.

don't worry Iv'e saved copy

I think you are off-topic with those back to back posts.

gotcha anyways, list is creating boy

Edited by Dahel

i wondered how long it take for the first drooler to pretend hes a human anticheat

19 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

Lol not sure 

And it was before it was stolen by the guy from Colby.

Are you talking about me?...

6 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

The thing that would take me out of it is the interactions with people outside your mission /d chat, or group members who joined late while you were in a mission. The problem that I wouldn't want to keep switching districts is from the interactions with players in or outside of the district you picked. Some districts I move to get away from trolls, if I'd get put back in from matchmaking, that would be somewhat annoying.

I only want to join the most populated server because I will actually find opposition rather than waiting for nobody to show up. This phasing ability is just what we need .

10 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

While this would actually solve the problem it seems like a change like this would be a long term change. Wouldn’t a queue system be simple to implement to ease the problem for the time being? Personally I only try to join a populated district when the alternatives are empty meaning I wouldn’t get opposition. The only other option is to join a district at a higher threat level and be destroyed by higher skilled players which isn’t exactly fun. I understand that matchmaking is the actual cause of the issue here but as it would require the new engine to be able to fix (which I imagine is still a way off yet) wouldn’t a temporary fix be a good idea for the time being?