ticcitobygaming1

dmr av is funni gun

On 10/11/2022 at 12:47 AM, ticcitobygaming1 said:

Jg go Chk boom chk boom

fbw go tic tic tic

Old post I wrote a year ago:

--

Do NOT buy the PR1. The advantage you gain from not having CJ3 is very situational, to the point where it's not worth it. The PR2 is just all around better, here's why:

1. You almost never want to stand at the two shot distance with a DMR AV. Only do this when a car phase transitions to a qualified point and you have no time to swap. Your job as a AV user is to hammer the crap out of vehicles and this is best done by doing what I always referred to as rapid firing. If you want to camp with a DMR or render distance abuse, use the DMR-SD which is vastly superior for that purpose due to open slots and the silencer. If you position well and make use of peaking as much as possible, you will be virtually undetectable by many players.

What is rapid firing?

Simply put it is when you fire before your crosshair is closed (visual aid) but what it actually is, is shooting before the accuracy has recovered. Up to 40m on players and around 60-70 depending on how large the vehicle is and where you are aiming at (preferably the middle on a vegas for example). As mentioned before, use the crosshair as a visual aid. Shooting somewhere before 50% closure is the sweet spot but it takes practice. Also keep in mind that due to APBs bloom you will just randomly miss, although the hitrate can be at like 80-90% depending on how good you play.

2. Using this rapid firing tech you can decrease your TTK on cars significantly over the course of shooting an entire mag. Especially pioneers get dunked on by this. Therefore, if you know a car will pass you, stand close and not far away. The only time the increased hard damage becomes relevant is when you have already shot a car several times and it's heading towards render distance. Those last few shots of bonus damage should preferably be used as finishers and not be the main source of your vehicle damage.

3. Using rapid fire against players is also why you want the PR2. The DMR is one of the few long range weapons that doesn't have the forced "fix" for reverse quickswitch. Although you would preferably swap weapons when in CQC, if you got no choice you can play the DMR as a budget pre "fix" OBIR by hammering 1 or 2 shots into someone with rapid fire and then pistol swap.

That's my 2 cents on this as someone who actually played all DMRs regularly for years.

2022 edit:

I did wanna clarify one thing I didn't last time. Since you have CJ on the PR2 it will make the accuracy recover slower than the PR1. That means that the longer you go the worse it's gonna be to rapid fire on the PR2. However if you play long distance with the AV versions you are playing the weapon wrong IMO. The advantage of CJ3 for closer and medium range vehicle DPS is that you can re-fire faster while rapid firing. Even with longer accuracy recovery, if you are closer to the car you can re-fire much earlier during the recovery time and still hammer in many shots.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 2

I like the DMR-AV way more than the silenced one just because it looks and sounds way more powerful, the hard damage is just a little bonus that I can sometimes use to funny someone in a weak car

I mean uhh heheh eol deep impact go thwump BOMF

Edited by Drischa

2 hours ago, Drischa said:

I like the DMR-AV way more than the silenced one just because it looks and sounds way more powerful, the hard damage is just a little bonus that I can sometimes use to funny someone in a weak car

I mean uhh heheh eol deep impact go thwump BOMF

OPGL go thunk tunk thunk thunk

On 10/16/2022 at 7:39 AM, VanilleKeks said:

Old post I wrote a year ago:

--

Do NOT buy the PR1. The advantage you gain from not having CJ3 is very situational, to the point where it's not worth it. The PR2 is just all around better, here's why:

1. You almost never want to stand at the two shot distance with a DMR AV. Only do this when a car phase transitions to a qualified point and you have no time to swap. Your job as a AV user is to hammer the crap out of vehicles and this is best done by doing what I always referred to as rapid firing. If you want to camp with a DMR or render distance abuse, use the DMR-SD which is vastly superior for that purpose due to open slots and the silencer. If you position well and make use of peaking as much as possible, you will be virtually undetectable by many players.

What is rapid firing?

Simply put it is when you fire before your crosshair is closed (visual aid) but what it actually is, is shooting before the accuracy has recovered. Up to 40m on players and around 60-70 depending on how large the vehicle is and where you are aiming at (preferably the middle on a vegas for example). As mentioned before, use the crosshair as a visual aid. Shooting somewhere before 50% closure is the sweet spot but it takes practice. Also keep in mind that due to APBs bloom you will just randomly miss, although the hitrate can be at like 80-90% depending on how good you play.

2. Using this rapid firing tech you can decrease your TTK on cars significantly over the course of shooting an entire mag. Especially pioneers get dunked on by this. Therefore, if you know a car will pass you, stand close and not far away. The only time the increased hard damage becomes relevant is when you have already shot a car several times and it's heading towards render distance. Those last few shots of bonus damage should preferably be used as finishers and not be the main source of your vehicle damage.

3. Using rapid fire against players is also why you want the PR2. The DMR is one of the few long range weapons that doesn't have the forced "fix" for reverse quickswitch. Although you would preferably swap weapons when in CQC, if you got no choice you can play the DMR as a budget pre "fix" OBIR by hammering 1 or 2 shots into someone with rapid fire and then pistol swap.

That's my 2 cents on this as someone who actually played all DMRs regularly for years.

2022 edit:

I did wanna clarify one thing I didn't last time. Since you have CJ on the PR2 it will make the accuracy recover slower than the PR1. That means that the longer you go the worse it's gonna be to rapid fire on the PR2. However if you play long distance with the AV versions you are playing the weapon wrong IMO. The advantage of CJ3 for closer and medium range vehicle DPS is that you can re-fire faster while rapid firing. Even with longer accuracy recovery, if you are closer to the car you can re-fire much earlier during the recovery time and still hammer in many shots.

but HOW?? @ticcitobygaming1 said the SD one is the same weapon as the no SD one!!!

I disagree 100% using AV for close-medium ranges, if someone is approaching you at max speed with pioneer or any other good car they will kill you before the car explodes because you will have to face him/her with a secondary gun and maybe they have oca/pmg/any cqc-medium range gun. Yes, the enemy could have lost all the items inside the car but they can still pick them up and use another car.

By staying far away from the cars, you blow them up and every car they take are insta blew up.

that's why I use AV for long ranges only not just against cars but also to camp targets from far.

Edited by Uhtdred

23 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

but HOW?? @ticcitobygaming1 said the SD one is the same weapon as the no SD one!!!

I disagree 100% using AV for close-medium ranges, if someone is approaching you at max speed with pioneer or any other good car they will kill you before the car explodes because you will have to face him/her with a secondary gun and maybe they have oca/pmg/any cqc-medium range gun. Yes, the enemy could have lost all the items inside the car but they can still pick them up and use another car.

By staying far away from the cars, you blow them up and every car they take are insta blew up.

that's why I use AV for long ranges only not just against cars but also to camp targets from far.

use the pr2 and you get the good close to mid use i use it at every range and it works good

On 10/18/2022 at 11:20 PM, Uhtdred said:

I said shoot from close to medium range. I did not say that you should challenge enemy vehicles in a duel on the open street.

You have teammates and the map at your disposal to maximize your AV efficiency.