Sign in to follow this  
BlatMan

Camera does not turn with low sensitivity

APB's camera does not respond when using very low sensitivity. I've tested it with different DPI settings. 400 DPI requires faster mouse movement to make the camera start rotating, 3200 DPI requires slower mouse movement. At 400 DPI, I can move the mouse across my desk and not turn the camera. This is only affecting APB Reloaded.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Set sensitivity to 0.5 or lower.

2. Very slowly move mouse to rotate camera.

Results: The camera does not rotate.

Expected Results: The camera should always rotate.

Other Information:

List of changes that have no affect:

- Graphics settings (min/max, fullscreen/windowed, etc).

- Windows cursor speed.

- USB poling rate.

- Putting mouse on dedicated PCIe USB 2.0 controller.

Other Sensitivity settings that cause this issue (DPI, Sensitivity, Marksmans mode sensitivity).

- 1600, 5.44, 0.2

- 3200, 2.71, 0.35

Hardware:

CPU: Xeon W3680 @ 4.25GHz

RAM: 12GB DDR3 2133Mhz Triple Channel

GPU: GTX 1080 8GB

Mouse; Logitech G400

sounds alot like the particle crash

set partials in adv to zero

step 2 crash when loading into the game

solution don't do that

Also occurs with a Logitech MX518. It gets worse as you increase DPI while keeping your sensitivity to the same ratio. This mouse uses a different sensor, has wider DPI range, and use onboard memory instead of software for it's settings. That should eliminate any mouse related issues.

For example:

800DPI, 10.8 sensitivity, 0.35 marksmans mode, issue occurs but not obvious. I can't consistently reproduce it.

800 * 10.8 * 0.35 = 3024

6400DPI, 1.35 sensitivity, 0.35 marksmans mode, issue is very noticeable. I can slowly move the mouse across my desk without turning the camera.

6400 * 1.35 * 0.35 = 3024

Remember this mouse fix thread?
https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/364-mouse-accelerationdampening-fix/

Baseinput.ini:

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0")
Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0")

Those settings double the number of counts the game sees from your mouse. I tried messing with it and noticed that setting to say 0.5, 0.25, etc, makes the issue occur even at player tracking speed, while 2.0 made it harder to do. This explains why some people feel like their mouse is more responsive with that fix.

Regardless, this problem needs to be resolved. There's lots players who play other games with extremely low DPI, as in using 20" of desk space to turn 180 degrees or less. These players will not be able to play APB reloaded.

How have I not noticed this issue since 2012? It's most likely due to using a higher sensitivity than most "pro" players. (800DPI, 10.8 sense, 0.35 mm) and using a 1680x1050 75hz display. I now play with a 2560x1440 144hz display. Every now and then I notice a slight pause or a pixel jump. I thought my +10 year old mouse was diying, or 800DPI is not high enough to pixel perfect aim at 10.8 sense. I tried changing it and noticed the camera stopped moving.