MrLek

APB 1.30 64-bit upgrade

I don't understand these technical situations. I have some questions, if anyone can answer, i would be grateful.

• These are my doubts:

1 - Could you cite or list the benefits and perhaps some disadvantages of this update? 

2 - When will she arrive? 

3 - What do we have today and what will it look like after this update? 

4 - Will this update help Little Orbit work and move forward with further updates?

5 - In practice, what will this change?

8 minutes ago, MrLek said:

I don't understand these technical situations. I have some questions, if anyone can answer, i would be grateful.

• These are my doubts:

1 - Could you cite or list the benefits and perhaps some disadvantages of this update? 

4 - Will this update help Little Orbit work and move forward with further updates?

1. I believe, and those with better knowledge can tell me im wrong, that moving over to 64 will improve the overall crashing you would get when playing and a lot of performance, overall less bugginess when playing the game. 

2. The update?  Most likely never.  But i'm a pessimist.

3. So far they don't have anything at all, again could be wrong, and the update doesn't improve graphics, again also could be wrong.   Updating the game from 32 to 64 will improve overall performance and less crashing.

4. If it does, god I would love to see APB as it was.

5. Less crashing, improved performance, unless you mean something deeper.

• Like 2

I'm not a super knowledged guy when it comes to game engines but here are some basic answers to your questions

13 minutes ago, MrLek said:

32Bit is VERY outdated and has many restrictions that clash with modern day technologies, the most basic result of moving to 64Bit will be not being bound to ~4GB of RAM anymore, allowing the game to use more ram if possible which can be used to optimize the game whether its load times or garbage collection.

Nvidia cards released as or after the 20 series cards have new memory which in APB's case causes "out of memory" crashes, this will be fixed on 64Bit.

There will be a performance increase across the board.

Assuming they manage to backport the tools unreal 3.5 provided it'll also help with faster development.

20 minutes ago, MrLek said:

There's no date yet but I doubt LO would want to rush this IF the update itself succeeds internally, there will likely be a lot of inhouse testing done by their Quality assurance team as well as SPCT before they head into possible Open Beta tests and the eventual release.

21 minutes ago, MrLek said:

For all I know this is an "under the hood" type of upgrade, us players will likely not see any significant changes to the games looks.

22 minutes ago, MrLek said:

If they manage to backport modern tools it should hopefully increase the efficiency and speed at which they can update the game whether its new content, balance or bug fixes.

24 minutes ago, MrLek said:

Better performance, better options for them to fix issues about the game, possibly introduce means for them to utilize graphics cards more rather than mostly relying on fast single core processing power, better tools for them as well as more options for external tools such as anti-cheats.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, MrLek said:

• These are my doubts:

64 is a bigger number than 32.

18 hours ago, Frosi said:

I'm not a super knowledged guy when it comes to game engines but here are some basic answers to your questions

32Bit is VERY outdated and has many restrictions that clash with modern day technologies, the most basic result of moving to 64Bit will be not being bound to ~4GB of RAM anymore, allowing the game to use more ram if possible which can be used to optimize the game whether its load times or garbage collection.

Nvidia cards released as or after the 20 series cards have new memory which in APB's case causes "out of memory" crashes, this will be fixed on 64Bit.

There will be a performance increase across the board.

Assuming they manage to backport the tools unreal 3.5 provided it'll also help with faster development.

There's no date yet but I doubt LO would want to rush this IF the update itself succeeds internally, there will likely be a lot of inhouse testing done by their Quality assurance team as well as SPCT before they head into possible Open Beta tests and the eventual release.

For all I know this is an "under the hood" type of upgrade, us players will likely not see any significant changes to the games looks.

If they manage to backport modern tools it should hopefully increase the efficiency and speed at which they can update the game whether its new content, balance or bug fixes.

Better performance, better options for them to fix issues about the game, possibly introduce means for them to utilize graphics cards more rather than mostly relying on fast single core processing power, better tools for them as well as more options for external tools such as anti-cheats.

Way more thought out then what I wrote.  This guy knows his shid.