Preme

The solution, Premium to play, cheaters

For a long time we have been struggling with the cheaters epidemic that is currently active in apb.

Banning doesnt solve the issue because there is tools like "apb cleaner" and also deleting of log files that make a cheater less traceable.

Cheaters who do this, avoid getting all their accounts banned and so they keep making and switching accounts so they can keep cheating.

And apb is free to play so making new accounts to cheat is simply too easy. 

To solve this, i propose we make apb premium only, players can only login and play if they have premium. This wont 100% hold cheaters back but it will reduce by atleast 60% and possibly even up to 75% which would make a great impact. 

Goid things about it are:

-more players will start playing

-less toxicity in the community

-silver and mid tier golds can finally enjoy the game without facing a cheater every other mission.

-generate some income for LO, because they work on the game and take care of what they can which we should be gratefull for.

Bad things:

-some players wont be able to make a monthly payment for premium, but theres a solution for that too which is making a comunity pot to which we all donate so the ones among us who also love apb will still be able to play, im fine with giving 5 players a monthly premium. 

- it might affect the population negatively but in the long run it will be worth it because when cheaters are almost all gone more people can actually enjoy the game which will make them keep playing which then attracts more people to play.

And theres more goods and bads but you can fill out the rest.

Maybe this could be a better idea for when the game is more stable and we have upgraded to 64bit so that players see more worth in for what they pay but i think it will stop most cheaters atleast, which has lots of good effects.

If u like this or if it sparks up a idea in you feel free to comment on this thread.

Edited by Preme
  • Like 1

pay for premium in order to play? but everyone gets free premium for over 2 years since COVID-19? And still continuing to automatic renew, why change?

Changing to subscription base game? Have you seen the population? You kill the population and you only hurt legitimate players they 100% would quit. This won’t prevent cheaters, if they have the audacity to buy max rank accounts or recreate new accounts and continuing to re-sub private cheats what makes you think they won’t pay for apb subscription? 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 3

At this point and with how low the population is, doing this would just kill the game entirely, how many you think from the 300 players who remain playing would pay a monthly subscription in order to play?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Preme said:

To solve this, i propose we make apb premium only, players can only login and play if they have premium. This wont 100% hold cheaters back but it will reduce by atleast 60% and possibly even up to 75% which would make a great impact. 

fun fact #1: rtw apb required players to pay for play time

fun fact #2: rtw apb shut down after 3 months

cheating might drop by 60-75%, but its because cheaters are proportional to the active playerbase, which will also drop by 60-75% - the generally accepted percentage of free players that spend money is 30%, so forcing apb players to start paying to play will instantly lose over half the population

tl;dr - your idea is bad and you should feel bad

• Like 1

It Won't work.

Even if you could convince someone like me to pay to Stay.

Where are you gonna get the new people from.

Nobody Will Pay to Join. It wouldn't create enough revenue to call it revenue. 

Yes. This surely won't lower the population and push away players at all!

Also cheaters have money to pay for premium.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

What kind of anti-cheat system does APB need?

VAC? The one that CS:GO uses, it seems pretty good no?

LO should be able to afford it from all them ARMAS bucks! $$$ 🤣

DSC_0719_large.jpg?v=1661771616

On 9/29/2022 at 10:54 PM, Deadliest said:

pay for premium in order to play? but everyone gets free premium for over 2 years since COVID-19? And still continuing to automatic renew, why change?

Changing to subscription base game? Have you seen the population? You kill the population and you only hurt legitimate players they 100% would quit. This won’t prevent cheaters, if they have the audacity to buy max rank accounts or recreate new accounts and continuing to re-sub private cheats what makes you think they won’t pay for apb subscription? 

And for this reason i said there will be a community pot where we all donate to so people like you would be still able to play.

$7.99 a month will hurt them? millions of people pay more for a battlepass.

The population is at this state because of mainly the cheaters. Thats why when the cheater probpem is reduced the population will grow back bit by bit. 

And there is only a few cheaters who are able afford new accounts and resub to cheats, the rest of them are broke, making new accounts, using methods to stay untraced so they can keep making new accounts and cheat again. Out of 10 cheaters only 1 or 2 are actually able to pay for all that. 

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:37 AM, ZoriaDunne said:

At this point and with how low the population is, doing this would just kill the game entirely, how many you think from the 300 players who remain playing would pay a monthly subscription in order to play?

You think apb only had 300 players? 

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:39 AM, MonkaS said:

Just give me mod and I'll ban them all

If only matt scott listened

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Compared to what a cheat sub can cost, $8 is nothing.

this. nobody cheating right now would stop with small added cost look at escape from tarkov or rainbow six siege

On 9/30/2022 at 1:43 AM, glaciers said:

fun fact #1: rtw apb required players to pay for play time

fun fact #2: rtw apb shut down after 3 months

cheating might drop by 60-75%, but its because cheaters are proportional to the active playerbase, which will also drop by 60-75% - the generally accepted percentage of free players that spend money is 30%, so forcing apb players to start paying to play will instantly lose over half the population

tl;dr - your idea is bad and you should feel bad

And you compare rtw to premium 🥴

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:24 PM, CookiePuss said:

Compared to what a cheat sub can cost, $8 is nothing.

How much a cheat resub cost? 

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:07 AM, MACKxBOLAN said:

It Won't work.

Even if you could convince someone like me to pay to Stay.

Where are you gonna get the new people from.

Nobody Will Pay to Join. It wouldn't create enough revenue to call it revenue. 

The games had thousands of players? Once they see that situation has changed they will return and people attract more people thats how it will grow 1 player at a time

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:08 AM, CookiePuss said:

at this point, the one thing APB has going for it is being free

There is no other game like apb but you think only thing apb has to offer is it being free? 

On 9/30/2022 at 3:00 AM, cowhorseman said:

the game is pay 2 play anyway market guns or bust

Its not the guns

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:31 AM, nattsvart_katt said:

That's not a bad idea, still need a new anti-cheat system though, BattleEye is a joke.

jJW2OSH.jpg

Matt said well go back to Easy anti cheat, i only hope it works better than BE

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yet again, smartest thing said in this thread so far.  At that point you're /paying/ for an experience to get dunked on by a cheater versus moving on to the next match

There is no solution.  So long as the game exists, there will be a person or a group of people that will find an exploit or attempt to break the game for their personal gain.

Edited by EerieEric
  • Like 1

Just enable 2fa to play. That way accounts are more secure from being hacked and it links a phone number to every acc. People only have so many phones. 

2fa is 2 factor authentication. If you don't know what this is then i have no idea what you're doing on a gaming forum. Probably shitposting tbf. 

The main thing about your idea is it would only work for active players. People like me who only play every now and then wouldn't justify buying premium just for a few days of playing. Hell, i barely rent guns anymore. 

Everybody's gotten used to having premium permanently, so taking it away is not really an option. Best would be to make premium base kit, then make a premium 2.0 with new perks (like being able to level contacts in other districts, doubling jt rewards, making weapon roles faster or smth). 

Tl;dr, 2fa is bae. 

28 minutes ago, Preme said:

The games had thousands of players? Once they see that situation has changed they will return and people attract more people thats how it will grow 1 player at a time

Absolute nonsense. You will lose more players that are left by making the game subscription or premium to play than you'll gain in returning players from any perceived decline in cheating.

I barely play this game anymore cos it's stale, boring and somewhat broken. Cheating has not been a big issue for me, so even if there was a cast-iron guarantee that there are no cheaters in the game (making the game premium to play doesn't do that anyway), it probably wouldn't effect how much I play in the slightest.

Edited by MrChan

On 9/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Thats already happening right now 🥱

Merged.

On 9/30/2022 at 7:23 PM, MrChan said:

Absolute nonsense. You will lose more players that are left by making the game subscription or premium to play than you'll gain in returning players from any perceived decline in cheating.

I barely play this game anymore cos it's stale, boring and somewhat broken. Cheating has not been a big issue for me, so even if there was a cast-iron guarantee that there are no cheaters in the game (making the game premium to play doesn't do that anyway), it probably wouldn't effect how much I play in the slightest.

Then why you still here on the forums?

Another thing that is unfortunately the case is that the line between really good players with decent situational awareness and actual cheaters is very thin, so i feel that most players see the large skill gap and assume it's because of cheats when something happens that they can't justify. 

Cheats, skill or straight up luck? No one can really tell for sure, but cheats are the easiest conclusion to jump to because it makes you feel better about losing. 

Tl;dr, skill gap is real. How you justify it is up to you.

6 minutes ago, Preme said:

Thats already happening right now 🥱

Yet what you're suggesting is that you kill off the last few players to put a payment plan in?  Your logic is backward my guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Preme said:

Then why you still here on the forums?

Why do people watch fire burn?