Clumsyhunt3R

A list of all the known techs of APB

2 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

That reminds me of the haunted highway in financial. Basically if you are a passenger on that highway and you lean out the window, there's a high chance that you will just die. Can't remember where it was specifically but it was a funny little bug... until it occurred mid-mission. 

It's the upper section between the two parking garages.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

That reminds me of the haunted highway in financial. Basically if you are a passenger on that highway and you lean out the window, there's a high chance that you will just die. Can't remember where it was specifically but it was a funny little bug... until it occurred mid-mission. 

speaking of wierd things in fin. ever noticed theres a bridge (near the pb by beacon) and said bridge just does not seem to fit there. like at all?

I'm not sure if this is considered tech, but there is a thing that I call render distance abuse. It is possible to shoot enemies that are not rendered on your screen after 100m. I never bothered with the exact distance but it's somewhere in between 100.1-102m.

This is only ever really useful when holding an objective on weapons like DMR and Oblivion but it's incredibly potent when it works, because the enemy can not see you.

18 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

I'm not sure if this is considered tech, but there is a thing that I call render distance abuse. It is possible to shoot enemies that are not rendered on your screen after 100m. I never bothered with the exact distance but it's somewhere in between 100.1-102m.

This is only ever really useful when holding an objective on weapons like DMR and Oblivion but it's incredibly potent when it works, because the enemy can not see you.

Used to go out even further. I remember something like 116m I think.

Nice list. Saved. If I think of something missing there, I will inform you in PMs.

Having mouse wheel up or down as your weapon switch keybind (or one of them) is hugely useful as it allows you to entirely cancel the grenade throwing animation and delay timer:

- Using the mouse wheel to swap weapons after throwing a grenade allows you to immediately throw a second grenade, whereas using a keyboard key will have a longer delay before you can throw a second grenade (first two clips).

- Using the mouse wheel to swap weapons lets you cancel the long grenade throw animation and begin firing your weapon immediately upon the grenade leaving your hand (last two clips).

• Like 1

To add to the above, you have to compensate for server latency. On east with 20ms I can consistently switch while throwing the grenade, but on west half the time the grenade does not throw. I've also never need my mouse wheel to do it.

Don't know if that counts but when using slower ADS guns around corners you can lean quickscope so fast that people won't be able to react to it.

While you lean your hitbox expands therefore when you cancel the lean it shrinks back so combine the hitbox shrinking with walking to get behind cover faster.

Combine that together with quickscoping in the following sequence: ADS and lean out of the corner at the same time, instantly aim at someone and shoot (don't waste time trying to correct, this has to be instant), cancel the ads immediately after the shot which cancels the lean too and at the same time walk behind cover.

This is incredibly effective on things like scout or obir and other high damage per shot ADS weapons. It is very effective when people are aiming at you waiting for you to come out effectively preventing people from ever hitting you if executed correctly as you will be appearing for just a split second and people's reaction times can't keep up with that.

An old clip where someone was arguing with me that strafing is 1.5 times faster than lean quickscope shooting which couldn't be further from the truth. In this clip the strafing approach even had a bit of a head start.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 12:39 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Used to go out even further. I remember something like 116m I think.

nope render distance has been the same forever. I think you could extend it though or remove the fade out with a file edit.

su[rised no one has talked about vegas jumping. you know if you time it right with some vehicles you can launch yourself well outside of the map, or in some cases straight to the moon.

Got a bit of skill and timing can boost a car with an object in it and shoot it somewere else

Or using satchel charges as makeshift car bombs by sticking them in your car and ramming people with it

fact of the matter is cars just exist on a different level then everything else here. you can (without vap tabs) get hit by one and sometimes not die, or they tap you at .5 mph and you die

and other times they grow wings and suddenly your on a roof 50 feet in the area

8 hours ago, MonkaS said:

nope render distance has been the same forever. I think you could extend it though or remove the fade out with a file edit.

I'm referring to being able to shoot people, not actually rendered on screen.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'm referring to being able to shoot people, not actually rendered on screen.

I'm pretty sure 116m is max being able to shoot people. did it change?

14 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

I'm pretty sure 116m is max being able to shoot people. did it change?

It got lower years and years ago. I think it dropped to about 102m now.

A high magnification optical sight would make sense if it increased the draw distance and the range of the weapon.

The burst pack is very effective against not-so-smart drivers if I'm pretending to be a noob.

15 hours ago, Yapopal said:

A high magnification optical sight would make sense if it increased the draw distance and the range of the weapon.

The burst pack is very effective against not-so-smart drivers if I'm pretending to be a noob.

Ah. So the HVR can kill and tag me on point while sitting outside render distance. Lovely.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Ah. So the HVR can kill and tag me on point while sitting outside render distance. Lovely.

Yes exactly. Sniper rifles exist literally to shoot from long distances out of reach of enemies. There will be new combat mechanics, more suitable for sniper rifles. In my opinion it is better than jumping and tilting with a duck. As negative actions, damage reduction is up to 40% at distances of more than 100 meters. That is, HVR will lose lethal force from 85 to 51. Now, by the way, there is a similar mechanics of combat with OSMAW. It helps a lot in the last stages of the mission with VIP or deadmatch.

20 minutes ago, Yapopal said:

Yes exactly. Sniper rifles exist literally to shoot from long distances out of reach of enemies. There will be new combat mechanics, more suitable for sniper rifles. In my opinion it is better than jumping and tilting with a duck. As negative actions, damage reduction is up to 40% at distances of more than 100 meters. That is, HVR will lose lethal force from 85 to 51. Now, by the way, there is a similar mechanics of combat with OSMAW. It helps a lot in the last stages of the mission with VIP or deadmatch.

HVR camping at render distance watching points is already a major issue. Letting it sit outside render distance just gives it even less counter play.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:02 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

HVR camping at render distance watching points is already a major issue. Letting it sit outside render distance just gives it even less counter play.

Part of the issue is the lack of tracers. If they were brought back, you would at least know the exact location that that shot came from and could deal with it accordingly. Granted, this doesn't solve for the silenced sniper rifles... but those were a design mistake and honestly should be removed from the game anyways (with proper compensation granted to anyone who currently owns one, of course).

6 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Part of the issue is the lack of tracers. If they were brought back, you would at least know the exact location that that shot came from and could deal with it accordingly. Granted, this doesn't solve for the silenced sniper rifles... but those were a design mistake and honestly should be removed from the game anyways (with proper compensation granted to anyone who currently owns one, of course).

Get shot on point. Either die or be 'stunned' until hp gets back. Get in car. Drive over to where they are camping. They are either there or moved. Kill them or maybe die fighting them. Get back in car and drive back to point. By the time you get there they respawn. Repeat.

12 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Get shot on point. Either die or be 'stunned' until hp gets back. Get in car. Drive over to where they are camping. They are either there or moved. Kill them or maybe die fighting them. Get back in car and drive back to point. By the time you get there they respawn. Repeat.

The exact same issue exists with heavy item missions. If by any chance your car gets destroyed in the middle of the street it's over. The items will be just stuck there with both teams infinitely respawning with volcanos and shit and every car brought close to the items being destroyed.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, mtz said:

One more tech to add to the list could be about entering vehicles. If a car is positioned in such a way that the door can be accessed but the door opening animation would not be able to play properly (i.e. not enough space), you just warp into an available seat instantly, with the driver seat being given priority.

Other than that, man, this topic is making me mildly aware that there might not be as much tech in APB as I used to think. Hope there's more nuggets of knowledge that people can share though!

https://outplayed.tv/media/62JZR3

That was not supposed to happen, but it did.

13 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You do realize this is a team game, right? One of your teammates should be the one heading over there to harass the sniper, while you continue working on the objective (or you go and they do obj, either/or).

22 hours ago, Hexerin said:

You do realize this is a team game, right? One of your teammates should be the one heading over there to harass the sniper, while you continue working on the objective (or you go and they do obj, either/or).

Exactly. And the enemy team exists too.

Hit markers arent accurate, whith latency, even small amounts hit markers start to vanish if you "quick scope" someone. This is very disorientating and does not only happen with hitmarkers but allso sometimes will happen with taggers even if you saw the marker. This is especially prominent with lag and can be very scary to the other party of you are using a scout as they usually wont know it was a scout or hvr. 

Shot faster the semi-automatic guns using the mouse wheel.

I use it with the FBW

Or the instant kill, using JG shotgun and SNR.

In less than a second you can kill your opponent in close combat.

mouse wheel down, up, down.
First "wheel down" you fire the shotgun.
Second "wheel up" switches to SNR.
Third "wheel down" fire the SNR secondary

🤭 Enjoy