R3ACT3M

Is this 64bit upgrade something you're looking forward too?

Is this 64bit upgrade something you're looking forward too?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you're someone who has taken a break, you see yourself coming back to see what 1.30 is all about?

38 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

nah I'm sorry but factions mean something this isn't wow

they really don't lol

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

they really don't lol

I mean they do just not as much as they used to ffs rtw had an enforcer social district in development and many vehicles [Bishada Rapier(crim), Patriot V20 Jericho(enf), Charge Mikro(crim), Packer Vaquero(enf), Seiyo Espacio(crim), and Nulander Pioneer(enf)] were either enf or crim only

Edited by MonkaS

4 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

I mean they do just not as much as they used to

they've always been pretty indistinguishable - a handful of throwaway weapons, hilariously overpriced "exclusive" cash shop items, and some colored car spawners dont make for much of a concrete identity 

21 minutes ago, glaciers said:

they've always been pretty indistinguishable - a handful of throwaway weapons, hilariously overpriced "exclusive" cash shop items, and some colored car spawners dont make for much of a concrete identity 

so exclusive clothes, items, weapons, vehicles, and activities(ram raiding, mugging, and witness missions) idk that sounds kinda different to me but yeah in there current state its most indistinguishable but you can blame g1 for that

Edited by MonkaS

G1 ruined ram raiding with the $1500 permanent witness limit. Besides that it's really up to the players to dress to the role.

Today an opponent had speedhack fully working on maxrank gold, faster than a Vegas ❤️ 
Maybe the bit Boost increased also the working cheats.
Marvellous.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:08 PM, MonkaS said:

nah I'm sorry but factions mean something this isn't wow

Not besides LTL and Enforcers having cars with flashing lights. What else do they mean besides lore?

Merged.

23 hours ago, Queen of Love said:

Today an opponent had speedhack fully working on maxrank gold, faster than a Vegas ❤️ 
Maybe the bit Boost increased also the working cheats.
Marvellous.

yesterday a not max rank had speed hacks on EU. You could easily tell it was infact a speedhack for 2 reasons
A: No one else was teleporting across the map
B: The speed hacker was constantly running into walls as if they couldn't control how fast they were going.

Hope LO can put in better server side checks that can tell if a player is moving to fast then rubberband them

On 9/16/2022 at 10:56 PM, glaciers said:

slightly better performance and no rtx crashes will be nice but i don't think its going to boost the population that much, especially without new content

to be honest i'd be happy with just more players and events.

With players, there can't just be a high in-game player count. There needs to be a solid internet presence outside of APB as well. I haven't seen any streamers, youtubers or the like on the same level as Kemp and Shini were. They made the game feel alive, without them it feels quite dull. Glad they're hosting the 2022 tournament this weekend still.

Having the tournaments, clan activities, holiday events (especially the headless horseman), and so on will constantly give the streamers and players something new to enjoy. Also the weekly Armas activities were a fun little side activity to spice things up. Sad that it got removed, the teamkilling activity was wild. 

I feel that if the new contacts are added it won't keep players, most will just see it as a 'bit whoop' then it'll just be back to more of the same. 

tl;dr: To get the vets back, and stay back, a few bug fixes will not be enough. It needs variety.

4 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

the weekly Armas activities were a fun little side activity to spice things up. Sad that it got removed, the teamkilling activity was wild. 

I hope APB can get to a place where those can be a thing again. I had so much fun the last time.

4 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

to be honest i'd be happy with just more players and events.

I don't think the game ever planned on having a low player base, that's part of the reason matchmaking is so broken. Matt's idea of phasing players is going to be great for increasing the amount of players the matchmaking system has access too. And I imagine if the game consistently makes good matches players will stick around. I mean imagine if all bronzes stayed in bronze, silver in silver, gold in gold, and Trainee/green in their servers with a full population for each. The match making would have a much easier time matching skill levels. But since that will never happen, phasing sounds like an amazing idea as long as it's relatively unobtrusive, example pulling you from a full server into an empty one just to make a match.

I also hope that new netcode improvements can allow them to increase the max players per district

A final improvement would be just make fight club not Faction based: crim vs enforcer. allow the matchmaking to mix the teams up to create a more varied games so that you're not fighting the same people 10 matches in a row.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, BlatMan said:

G1 ruined ram raiding with the $1500 permanent witness limit. Besides that it's really up to the players to dress to the role.

Still the easiest and fastest way to get huge sums of money in game.

So ruined..............

On 9/20/2022 at 12:19 AM, BlatMan said:

I know this post is abit old but its still $2500 for permanent witness since I was trying to do that stupid 1000 stolen car achievement and kept it under $2500 in a populated district.