R3ACT3M

Is this 64bit upgrade something you're looking forward too?

Is this 64bit upgrade something you're looking forward too?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you're someone who has taken a break, you see yourself coming back to see what 1.30 is all about?

I can see myself returning if the game runs smoothly even if no new content is being dropped with it.

Also, since the engine upgrade is on hold indefinitely/cancelled, I been curious what will happen with console players. (I play on PC just curious)  

There's a welcome change in anticheat along with 1.30, so EAC alongside better performance could hopefully get people to at least have a little hope this game isn't just doomed because that's an important factor. We haven't had much to even hope for during the entire 2.x wait 

slightly better performance and no rtx crashes will be nice but i don't think its going to boost the population that much, especially without new content

• Thanks 1

It is engine upgrade.Stuff from unreal 3.5(apb 2.2 failed version)will be in this 1.30.Also better anticheat and new content which are the 2 contacts Lynette Casey and Marcus Van Rooyen(got the names wrong i think)Plus theres gonna be new matchmaking or they can just return the threat districts to begin with

Edited by AlienTM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlienTM said:

It is engine upgrade.Stuff from unreal 3.5(apb 2.2 failed version)will be in this 1.30.Also better anticheat and new content which are the 2 contacts Lynette Casey and Marcus Van Rooyen(got the names wrong i think)Plus theres gonna be new matchmaking or they can just return the threat districts to begin with

Yea I remember reading all that but didn't feel like double checking to make sure I was right so I didn't say it. I don't remember them saying the contacts being in 1.3 although that would be nice. I also hope that they do get that district phasing thing working as that sounds amazing.

17 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

I don't remember them saying the contacts being in 1.3 although that would be nice.

They didnt but thats clear cause this contacts are ready for many years now.I think they was actually done back from G1.Matt mention back in the 2nd QnA with Kemp-like couple of years ago-that this content is basically done and they wait for the engine to put them with it

We still far from the release of this 1.30 dou.They didnt even load Social in the editor still.Then fix the errors.Then Asylum(and fixin)maybe after that public test.Then if everything gos well-Financial and Waterfront.Thats gonna take like another millenium till everything is ready.To be honest-before september next year-i dont see this 1.30/64-bit final release

Thats why i gave my suggestion till then-for alternative finan/waterfront maps for 40vs40 where u can also progress contacts besides just gettin money/JT

Edited by AlienTM

30 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

its not an engine upgrade, the whole point of apb 1.3x is to change as little of the base engine as possible

new contacts, new matchmaking, and the return of threat districts have not been promised for 1.3x 

46 minutes ago, ZoriaDunne said:

What's the point of this update anyways?

it will help all users to read the posts where the reasons for the update are explained

• Thanks 1

I came back recently... From a 2 year break but honestly I hope it get rid of that garbage dump stutter... Died alot due to it kicking in at the worse times. Otherwise its the same game and probably fixes for those who are on RTX cards.

7 hours ago, El-Neko said:

I came back recently... From a 2 year break but honestly I hope it get rid of that garbage dump stutter... Died alot due to it kicking in at the worse times. Otherwise its the same game and probably fixes for those who are on RTX cards.

Yea really. The stutter is part of the reason I took a break

• Thanks 1

It changes literally nothing, so what does it matter? Game will still have the same content, played by the same intensely toxic community, and now with zero chance of any future new content.

• Thanks 1

It is definitely something to look forward to because according to "APB 2022 Roadmap":

1- x64 client would allow more resources to be used, meaning potential for better performance (unless someone is still playing on an ancient x32 hardware).

2- There are a lot of people who got shafted from having 10th series as well as RTX GPUs. They either play on molten-icecream graphics or their client would crash much more quickly. potentially, more people would be able to play by then. The more, the merrier.

3- Backporting the Cooked Package System will allow for faster loading times. A big annoyance with APB is how long it takes to start the game. Opening UI elements such as inventory and lockers would also be faster.

4- Backporting the Newer Network Code, which allows for cross world play, effectively merging NA and EU. I look forward to this the most. Players would be able to play with friends overseas without having to start over on a new character. Some people like raising new characters, many do not.

5- While having new vegetation may or may not happen, Directx11 will be backported and hopefully Directx12. I just hope they don't destroy lighting because many games that upgraded from Dx9 to Dx11 were in need of revising Lighting sources. Many just shipping the games looking borked. LO might not but it may require some time to revise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My only concern is that Weapon Balance, Missions or enhancing core-gameplay to make it appeal more to non-veterans is not even anywhere on the Roadmap. New Blood will come to try the game and then leave after realizing that it is a chess-game with water-guns that won't make sense without actually knowing numbers that aren't even presented in-game. Whether APB goes to 1.3 or to 2.x yields the same outcome in this regard. The improvements are nice but a "game" can't just delay improvements to core-gameplay and expect things to go nicely because after the update is done, it would take LO months to improve the game, while it takes a New Player a singular day to try the game, uninstall and never look at it ever again.

• Thanks 1

Never cared about an upgrade, only an anti cheat. Which to me We had until LO turned it off.

I never thought FF worked good enough, as in it needed to be much stronger or set higher.

I would worry an upgrade would screw everything up, ie there would be allot of trial and error

and the game would be down or unplayable for periods until fixed.

At this point though so much damage has been done to customer relations, 

Its simply too little too late and even if they release it tomarro with some rocket anti cheat,

I still wouldn't trust LO, and they would have to Prove they banned people.

They would have to Prove, that they have the legits best interests at heart, 

all I have seen them do is help hacks.

You know you can't rob me one day n expect me to trust you the next.⚖️

On 9/17/2022 at 3:34 PM, LilyRain said:

My only concern is that Weapon Balance, Missions or enhancing core-gameplay to make it appeal more to non-veterans is not even anywhere on the Roadmap. New Blood will come to try the game and then leave after realizing that it is a chess-game with water-guns that won't make sense without actually knowing numbers that aren't even presented in-game. Whether APB goes to 1.3 or to 2.x yields the same outcome in this regard. The improvements are nice but a "game" can't just delay improvements to core-gameplay and expect things to go nicely because after the update is done, it would take LO months to improve the game, while it takes a New Player a singular day to try the game, uninstall and never look at it ever again.

Yea, at this point I understand how hard it is to balance this game's weapons. And Ill have to agree with a post I read long ago that weapon balance has to constantly evolve. There will never be perfect balance without changing core mechanics. I'm not gonna get into a tangent about weapon balance as it's been done to death.

Yea with the new player thing it is just an unfortunate part of the game. Granted I've brought up the game to tons of people at my work place who also take part in gaming who have never heard of APB Reloaded. I mean myself included I never heard about the game until I looked up best free games when I was probably 14 (now 21). So there is still an untapped population of people who haven't heard of the game that LO is waiting to advertise too once the game is considered acceptable. 

Like I said I took a break cause the constant stutter and frame drops were just not fun to try and play through. So im hoping this 64bit upgrade helps that.

Merged.

On 9/17/2022 at 2:45 PM, Hexerin said:

It changes literally nothing, so what does it matter? Game will still have the same content, played by the same intensely toxic community, and now with zero chance of any future new content.

If i told you i loved you would that change your mind?

• Like 1

hexerin is part of the toxic community, so as long as he sticks around the toxicity will never go away

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 10:56 PM, glaciers said:

slightly better performance and no rtx crashes will be nice but i don't think its going to boost the population that much, especially without new content

I'm assuming they're going to try and backport some of the things they did on 2.2/3.5 ahead of releasing 1.3, I think the plan is to also backport the tools that 3.5 would've provided which means making new content should hopefully be easier and not like jumping through hoops at every step.

15 hours ago, LilyRain said:

While I personally think the meta is in a good spot except for very few outliers I do think there need to be improvements and I'm not just talking about buffs to the dozens of weapons that just cant compete. Weapon stats need to be communicated to players much better than the bars we currently have and hopefully that should also be an easier task to do on 1.3. I'll attach a concept I did in like 5 mins in ms paint (xd) below but ideally the bars are replaced with actual numbers for important stats that could also change dynamically depending on the mods you have on the gun such as IR increasing the effective range from 50 to 57, Three point sling decreasing the equip time etc.

9cd706d7f877d5ca1e3a0cf957ca0b02.png

As with 3.5 and 2.2 I think that LO is well aware that this is likely their last shot at a big increase in player numbers, if it fails, they'll have to work their way up slowly by making the game better one update at the time much like No Man's Sky did so ideally they actually release 1.3 in a state that has a bunch of QoL improvements, updates or content that actually makes a large chunk of returning players stick around as that'll accelerate the games potential revival. I think every player that actually still cares about the game should encourage LO to do so, taking an extra month or two getting these QoL updates in in an attempt to make returning players stick around should be well worth it. I might look into making a thread in the future when 1.3 is getting closer to release asking the community for feedback and potential QoL changes that LO could implement, I already have a document with suggestions for this that I've been updating for a while myself that could then be updated with the communities ideas and forwarded to someone at LO. If you have ideas now and don't want to wait feel free to poke me on the LO discord.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Frosi said:

I'm assuming they're going to try and backport some of the things they did on 2.2/3.5 ahead of releasing 1.3, I think the plan is to also backport the tools that 3.5 would've provided which means making new content should hopefully be easier and not like jumping through hoops at every step.

I hope this is the case. Hopefully maps can just get some modern touches with more pieces of cover or something.

12 hours ago, Frosi said:

While I personally think the meta is in a good spot except for very few outliers I do think there need to be improvements and I'm not just talking about buffs to the dozens of weapons that just cant compete. Weapon stats need to be communicated to players much better than the bars we currently have and hopefully that should also be an easier task to do on 1.3. I'll attach a concept I did in like 5 mins in ms paint (xd) below but ideally the bars are replaced with actual numbers for important stats that could also change dynamically depending on the mods you have on the gun such as IR increasing the effective range from 50 to 57, Three point sling decreasing the equip time etc.

9cd706d7f877d5ca1e3a0cf957ca0b02.png

As with 3.5 and 2.2 I think that LO is well aware that this is likely their last shot at a big increase in player numbers, if it fails, they'll have to work their way up slowly by making the game better one update at the time much like No Man's Sky did so ideally they actually release 1.3 in a state that has a bunch of QoL improvements, updates or content that actually makes a large chunk of returning players stick around as that'll accelerate the games potential revival. I think every player that actually still cares about the game should encourage LO to do so, taking an extra month or two getting these QoL updates in in an attempt to make returning players stick around should be well worth it. I might look into making a thread in the future when 1.3 is getting closer to release asking the community for feedback and potential QoL changes that LO could implement, I already have a document with suggestions for this that I've been updating for a while myself that could then be updated with the communities ideas and forwarded to someone at LO. If you have ideas now and don't want to wait feel free to poke me on the LO discord.

#Frosi4Dev

12 hours ago, Frosi said:

new content is only going to bring back old players, its a decent start but only about a third of what's needed for any kind of serious population rebuild imo

I'd love to know which exact things they can backport from 2.2, because without phasing to fix matchmaking and some major ui revamps i have no hope for apb ever retaining enough new players to function 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, glaciers said:

new content is only going to bring back old players, its a decent start but only about a third of what's needed for any kind of serious population rebuild imo

I'd love to know which exact things they can backport from 2.2, because without phasing to fix matchmaking and some major ui revamps i have no hope for apb ever retaining enough new players to function 

How important is lore to people? Would it be better if the game just matchmade everyone against everyone instead of crims and enf or would that have some kind of adverse effect on balance. At least that way in theory the matchmaking has a larger pool of people to pick from. 

I guess now that im thinking about it, how would the game determine whos attacking vs who's defending

23 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

How important is lore to people? Would it be better if the game just matchmade everyone against everyone instead of crims and enf or would that have some kind of adverse effect on balance. At least that way in theory the matchmaking has a larger pool of people to pick from. 

I guess now that im thinking about it, how would the game determine whos attacking vs who's defending

the lore can support faction ffa just fine (rtw had crim vs crim missions iirc), but you can twist lore to suit anything really - just look at riot

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, R3ACT3M said:

nah I'm sorry but factions mean something this isn't wow