nattsvart_katt

APB 64-bit,145hz and beyond?

I kinda doubt it.

If your playing with 60fps, unclick the 'smooth frame rate in Option/Video' if your monitor is capable it will come up to your monitors hz range.

However if its a low budget gamer or a low spec graphics card, u may burn your card/drive.

My Omen has a gaming optimizer for only certain games, not sure what apb would have to do to be on this list.

Possible this is related to the rtx supported games, n i have the 3060ti, paired with a asus tuf gaming 144hz monitor-24inch.

On apb i get 144fps, however in war thunder which is on the omen list, i get 144 in menu or Home Base/Hanger

but in mission im getting 220+. It also improves end user latency.

How I'm doing this with a 144hz monitor idk

16 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

I kinda doubt it.

If your playing with 60fps, unclick the 'smooth frame rate in Option/Video' if your monitor is capable it will come up to your monitors hz range.

However if its a low budget gamer or a low spec graphics card, u may burn your card/drive.

My Omen has a gaming optimizer for only certain games, not sure what apb would have to do to be on this list.

Possible this is related to the rtx supported games, n i have the 3060ti, paired with a asus tuf gaming 144hz monitor-24inch.

On apb i get 144fps, however in war thunder which is on the omen list, i get 144 in menu or Home Base/Hanger

but in mission im getting 220+. It also improves end user latency.

How I'm doing this with a 144hz monitor idk

Wtf is war thunder

Yea I've lost a graphics card to APB, burned to a crisp during mission

1s0GCPg.jpg

Merged.

220 fps with 144hz monitor is placebo bro 🤣

8 minutes ago, nattsvart_katt said:

220 fps with 144hz monitor is placebo bro

I aint lying. 

War Thunder is a air planes, tanks, naval, team based battles, including realistic simulation, oculus support.

featuring simulation or arcade mode. Its not some cartoon game like World of Tanks, everything looks real

just as if you were watching an old War movie in color.

6 hours ago, nattsvart_katt said:

oh damn, that's no bueno

also i have 8GB ram only and play with graphic card GT 1030..and guess what-in game im on the default low graphic settings(otherwise on minimal game looks trash)and is still playable.I can even record 1080p video o dou my res is 900p(1600x900) 😑

Edited by AlienTM

54 minutes ago, AlienTM said:

also i have 8GB ram only and play with graphic card GT 1030..and guess what-in game im on the default low graphic settings(otherwise on minimal game looks trash)and is still playable.I can even record 1080p video o dou my res is 900p(1600x900) 😑

That's great

However APB is like 85% dependent on CPU power only, what CPU you use?

Just curious

uFkiKj4.jpeg

Merged.

Nice to see so many GM contributing to this thread 😒

Not a single reply, it's not a difficult question either.

Yes or no?

JpROrhx.jpeg

probably not, iirc 145fps is an engine limitation

you wouldn't want above 128fps anyways due to bugs (sliding, you can ghostshoot easier due to guns starting to fire faster)
actually i just realized that's aside from the point of the thread but just incase somebody didn't know that

Edited by Yeedman

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

probably not, iirc 145fps is an engine limitation

The engine can go beyond what the current cap is but its hardly advised because it'll break other things such as making sliding even worse or new bugs entirely. Sliding was never an issue on 3.5 however so assuming they somehow backport whatever fixed sliding I could see them unlock the fps on the 64Bit client.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Before we had BattlEye I tested 240fps by unlocking the fps limit. It was still a bit choppy but it worked in low action areas of the map. I didn't have the sliding bug either, that was introduced later.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:43 PM, Yeedman said:

you wouldn't want above 128fps anyways due to bugs (sliding, you can ghostshoot easier due to guns starting to fire faster)
actually i just realized that's aside from the point of the thread but just incase somebody didn't know that

since when you have ghoshots due to averaging more tha 128fps? I used to play with 101fps and I had ghostshots anyways...

On 9/15/2022 at 10:30 PM, Uhtdred said:

since when you have ghoshots due to averaging more tha 128fps? I used to play with 101fps and I had ghostshots anyways...

ghost shots are more of a latency issue no?

Merged.

On 9/13/2022 at 1:25 AM, Frosi said:

The engine can go beyond what the current cap is but its hardly advised because it'll break other things such as making sliding even worse or new bugs entirely. Sliding was never an issue on 3.5 however so assuming they somehow backport whatever fixed sliding I could see them unlock the fps on the 64Bit client.

thanks for your reply, I'll take that as a yes !! 😅

On 9/12/2022 at 3:04 AM, nattsvart_katt said:

Will APB 64bit have support for monitors above 145hz?

KQEKn7x.jpg

Wait it doesn't?

On 9/13/2022 at 2:25 AM, Frosi said:

wait, I remember how I was getting slides on open beta. I also asked someone in LO discord and got an answer that it's a problem of how the game physics is coded not the engine problem

8 minutes ago, gremlen said:

wait, I remember how I was getting slides on open beta. I also asked someone in LO discord and got an answer that it's a problem of how the game physics is coded not the engine problem

I am extremely sure that new engine was fixed on the new engine, even at 300+ fps.

1 hour ago, Frosi said:

I am extremely sure that new engine was fixed on the new engine, even at 300+ fps.

I clearly remember how I was getting slides first time I joined asylum on open beta

On 10/3/2022 at 7:37 PM, gremlen said:

I clearly remember how I was getting slides first time I joined asylum on open beta

there's gotta be a way to fix that?

On 10/8/2022 at 1:08 AM, nattsvart_katt said:

there's gotta be a way to fix that?

I don't know. If it's a deep problem then LO probably have to re-write physics logic and how it interacts between client and server. Might be a large time consuming issue as porting the game on new engine

Edited by gremlen

On 10/8/2022 at 10:43 PM, gremlen said:

I don't know. If it's a deep problem then LO probably have to re-write physics logic and how it interacts between client and server. Might be a large time consuming issue as porting the game on new engine

Ghetto fix it by adding a timer that starts when you stop pressing a movement key. After X seconds set your movement to 0.