Sign in to follow this  
PLAYLUXE

New title for the game

Greetings everyone,

I'd like to suggest to rename "APB:Reloaded". Not just because we have a new publisher and to get rid of the bad memories with GamersFirst, but also because the actual name isn't "mouth propaganda" friendly.

An example from my everyday life:

People: Hey, do you play video games?

Me: Yes, I do.

People: Cool, which games do you play?

Me: APB: Reloaded.

People: What? ABP..what?

Me (louder): APB: RELOADED.

People: Never heard of that...

An observation I made is that almost all players use to say "Let's play APB" instead of "Let's play APB:Reloaded", which was originally the name of this game. The "Reloaded" is just an unnecessary adjunct and makes the name harder to pronounce. So one suggestion would be to rename the game back to "APB", also to make it more marketable.

Another alternative would be to make a survey where everyone can submit suggestions. At the end, we'll vote for the best name.

Best regards

PLAYLUXE

Edited by PLAYLUXE
  • Like 5

Actually true. I mean, a lot of people know about APB: Reloaded but it's not like a title that everyone has heard about once in the gaming industry. But I think this will change as soon as the game has been completely "reworked" to say it like that. They will probably advertise this game as much as they can.

At the moment, it doesn't feel like it's worth it until the game is ready again.

• Like 1

Idk about all of you guys but i just call APB “APB”. Never really understood why gamersfirst added the reloaded part anyway

• Like 2

Don't think any rebranding would be effective until the engine overhaul, and it should always be something with APB / All Points Bulletin, despite getting mixed up with the older game of the same name, or that terrible tv-show.

Edited by Guest

On 6/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, PLAYLUXE said:

People: What? ABP..what?

While they may not catch the "Reloaded" Part... Most people who play APB:Reloaded would know what you meant if you just referred to it as "All Point Bullet" or just "APB"

It is a over all brand issue.

It is a mix of not being a good enough gave overall to retain new players and some older players are leaving with GamersFirst poor performance, but also Marketing tends to be drowned out by other larger open world games.

I mean Real Time Worlds first released All Point Bulletin but then the business went under and GamersFirst bought All Point Bulletin and renamed it APB:Reloaded, So the name of the game may go by a range of variants of the same thing...

If people do fail to identify with APB or All Point Bulletin then it's a total brand issue, and not just the "Reloaded" part.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 9:07 PM, VickyFox said:

If people do fail to identify with APB or All Point Bulletin then it's a total brand issue, and not just the "Reloaded" part.

+1 to that

The game itself defenitely needs that engine upgrade and a general overhaul. But right after that the devs have to give the players some tools like a video editor, private districts for undisturbed filming etc. so that we can to the advertising for them by showing how awesome this game is by creating and sharing videos online. But of course this requires that the players are so satisfied and convinced by this game that they really can identify themselves with it.

Edited by PLAYLUXE

I'm all for it. just All Points Bulletin is fine.

anyway, I'm not sure if they're still able to actually rename it back to it's original title since they've sold the whole franchise except APB: Reloaded.

probably the rights to the name "All Points Bulletin" are now in the hands of UNIT GAME...

@MattScott an official word on this topic, please? 🙂

16 hours ago, Snubnose said:

probably the rights to the name "All Points Bulletin" are now in the hands of UNIT GAME...

Pretty sure that whole deal was just licensing, not actual rights. So the name should still fall under G1.