MattScott

We are banning for hacking and cheating

9 hours ago, The Suspect said:
I mean, yeah, you can pay and sig your own driver to cheat in game with 1k peak online but do those kids have enough money and most important, coding skills to write one and successfully utilize to bypass BE?
I think you overestimate BE, it's JUST okay, I've seen plenty of sources to cheats that "bypassed" BattlEye (before Bastian started redirecting calls from lsass/csrss' NtWVM and NtRVM functions to his driver via IoCtl requests and invoking KeBugCheck when he deems them illegitimate) and there were a lot of red flags (creation of a DRIVER_OBJECT from a driver that has no certificate, VMT hooks with their caller func's return address, or VMT ptr, being located outside of game memory, strings with no encryption looking specifically for game exes, CreateThread being called directly from the cheat module rather than hijacking an existing thread, handles being opened rather than hijacked, failure to unlink from PEB, PE headers being plain as day, and more) and there was never any action taken on them until they were either released or sold, the problem is not that they're private either, as all of the things listed above are relatively sketchy given the scenario. It's okay, but it's not good enough to wreck a lot of p2cs as long as the p2c is actually cleaning up after itself properly (which most do not, because a lot of the people developing this stuff are either plain incompetent or just don't care), it's especially JUST okay given that a lot of functionality it has, such as the ability to dump memory pages (from user mode and kernel) is rarely used by Bastian and co, the reason being that manual memory analysis takes a long time, it's easier to just buy and sig stuff than it is to manually analyze things for long periods of time w/o being sure what they are, so it's really not all that great, I've seen total idiots who have no idea what an entry point is get around BE's auto bans for quite a period of time. Edited by Similarities

First encounter with a cheater in ages, Silver district Citadel, blatantly speedhacking. Wont name the fella, didn't record either because I sure am not going to bother with doing so unless I start getting annoyed by it. Just dropping my observations here really.

So BE can't do everything.
As long as LO doesn't its own independent tests on sketchy people, people will always find a way to cheat. 

Edited by Saxtus

6 hours ago, Similarities said:
I think you overestimate BE
Nah, just realistically estimating APB "coding" scene, most of people are on "rename ayyware source and sell it as p2c" level. I.e. RX/HS, clueless noname and paster who wasn't able to compile ready-to-use base without spoonfeeding a year ago, now runs "invite-only" "elite" apb p2c lmao.

5 hours ago, Slickmund said:

First encounter with a cheater in ages, Silver district Citadel, blatantly speedhacking. Wont name the fella, didn't record either because I sure am not going to bother with doing so unless I start getting annoyed by it. Just dropping my observations here really.

Here we go, kid downloads some packet editor and pretends to be a b1g BE bypasser and cheater by clicking few buttons.
  Edited by The Suspect
:~)

10 hours ago, The Suspect said:
Nah, just realistically estimating APB "coding" scene, most of people are on "rename ayyware source and sell it as p2c" level. I.e. RX/HS, clueless noname and paster who wasn't able to compile ready-to-use base without spoonfeeding a year ago, now runs "invite-only" "elite" apb p2c lmao.

HS you mean mr. "I can't write an anti-screenshot so instead I'll have a radar hack that you put on your other monitor", yeah he's an absolute genius, he also said his hag is going to have a BE bypass, see him in 2035 i guess.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, MattScott said:

I am not proud of banning. I've already spoken on this topic a lot before, so I'm not going rehash that here.

Good line.

After hearing a new Dev team is working on APB now and that BattlEye is taking over, I'm going to jump back on and start playing again after 5 years, I left in 2013.

I've been a server owner several times in ARMA 2 and 3, I know the inner workings of BattlEye, as others pointed out, its not perfect, but it works. That's good enough for me to get back on and start playing.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:13 PM, BXNNXD said:
well now we know that you’re full of shit lol

youre either lying or you managed to find the single most inept GM the game has ever had
nope it was a GM following the rules. 0 tolerance for cheats, and it said on the GM rule post "the use of a macro or anything that mimics a macro" was to be banned.   
Back then they  banned for 2 hours anyone that cheated in any form.  but you would have to be a RTW player to remember the golden days. 

sure they would reroll but all of their stuff on the first account was gone. 

the issue is that the "entitled" kids think they deserve to cheats and will admit it then call you salty  for trying to make them play in the rules. 

14 minutes ago, AveragePlayer said:
nope it was a GM following the rules. 0 tolerance for cheats, and it said on the GM rule post "the use of a macro or anything that mimics a macro" was to be banned.   
Back then they  banned for 2 hours anyone that cheated in any form.  but you would have to be a RTW player to remember the golden days. 

the issue is that the "entitled" kids think they deserve to cheats and will admit it then call you salty  for trying to make them play in the rules. 

banning people for using ingame functions is the opposite of following the rules lmao

On 7/28/2018 at 10:25 PM, BXNNXD said:
On 7/28/2018 at 10:10 PM, AveragePlayer said:

banning people for using ingame functions is the opposite of following the rules lmao
no its not when the "function" is an exploit. and is posted by gms as a Rule.

9 hours ago, AveragePlayer said:

no its not when the "function" is an exploit. and is posted by gms as a Rule

any gun that gains an “advantage” from scroll wheeling is balanced around its min ttk - scroll wheeling won’t change that, so scroll wheeling is not an exploit

idk why this is so hard for some people to understand  
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
any gun that gains an “advantage” from scroll wheeling is balanced around its min ttk - scroll wheeling won’t change that, so scroll wheeling is not an exploit

I have a true story to tell
I tried that scroll wheel trick since people claim it works to see if its true and needs a fix to know the truth of it.
It doesn't and I am glad.
The End

34 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
I have a true story to tell
I tried that scroll wheel trick since people claim it works to see if its true and needs a fix to know the truth of it.
It doesn't and I am glad.
The End
pls dude, ahah , dont lie to ur self , u just got to set fire 1 in scroll weel up and fire 2 on scroll weel down , and u gonna start shothing whit oscar and fbw as automatics

6 hours ago, Cru said:
pls dude, ahah , dont lie to ur self , u just got to set fire 1 in scroll weel up and fire 2 on scroll weel down , and u gonna start shothing whit oscar and fbw as automatics
On 9/3/2018 at 10:03 AM, BXNNXD said:

• Thanks 1

idk why people need scrollwheel to shoot a carbine consistant while they can just train and maintain the click per second to make it work as good as a scrollwheel

nobody good at the game uses scroll wheel on carbine, more delusional players.

firing consistently is better than firing at max fire rate, and if you fire consistently for long enough, you will be able to fire it pretty quick.

but who knows, this delusion will never go away, i've been called a macroer/scroll-wheel user since i started the game because I use almost exclusively marksman guns, but never have, same with a lot of old MBAH players. it's almost like nobody does it.

Edited by Virgil

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

firing consistently is better than firing at max fire rate, and if you fire consistently for long enough, you will be able to fire it pretty quick.

^

35 minutes ago, Keshi said:
39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

^
yeah not real sure what happened to this community

they think good players use a scroll wheel, lmao
they think shredder is balanced with ir3 hahahahahaha
they thought yukon was balanced

jesus christ, what happened to this game

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:
yeah not real sure what happened to this community

they think good players use a scroll wheel, lmao
they think shredder is balanced with ir3 hahahahahaha
they thought yukon was balanced

jesus christ, what happened to this game
i've been maining carbine ever since 2014. I jammed that gun so much that i can shoot it consistantly untill i quit in 2016. Now after i came back, 1hours of using already got me back to my consistency
Some people just don't want to practice and call everyone who can do it a macro user or a cheater lmfao