MattScott

We are banning for hacking and cheating

On 7/6/2018 at 6:16 AM, Tobii said:

Please do post what Tiggs said, because that makes it true! Because Tiggs said it!

You know what else is true? Tiggs used fairfight as her little personal tool, hence why they had to reverse bans. 😉

FF wasn't just set up incorrectly, it was used for personal agendas too.

snip.

Edited by CyberneticNinja
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Also consider the fact abstract has housed closet cheaters before. Also few of the person deaths were because his teammates killed him due to him going bounty.

they are just good, deal with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyberneticNinja said:

Mad cause she was banning you bitfenix turds? Revo isn't a GM, so he can't protect ya'll anymore.

Sure.. I am super upset that Tiggs banned no one in my clan but me! REEEEEEEEE

2 hours ago, CyberneticNinja said:

Mad cause she was banning you bitfenix turds? Revo isn't a GM, so he can't protect ya'll anymore.

If you're referring to goats screenshot, read it again.

Edited by Mozie

36 minutes ago, CyberneticNinja said:

stfu whiteknight

You are referring to a screenshot but none of you seem proficient enough in english in order to read the text in it, read it again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mozie said:

You are referring to a screenshot but none of you seem proficient enough in english in order to read the text in it, read it again.

not my strong point.. im from scotland the noo 😛

Edited by Seedy

4 hours ago, Eixo said:

>clan with VoIP goes deep in the negative kdr, playing against a PUG, in one sided waterfront defence mission, besides one cheater carrying them

>good

Uhi.gif

Edited by Luminesca

If you are truly trying to remove all cheaters then why have you removed the /report system?

90% of all that posted about being unfairly banned use the same excuse "I am not hacking" completely forgetting that ALL cheats not just hacks are bannable.

there are three listed cheat types that cheaters are banned for:

1: bots

2: exploits and of course

3: hacks.

While battle eye can catch hacks it can not catch the more used cheats such as:

Ghosting: when an enemy player has a clan mate, not in the fight , (grey) help them by blocking the obj, ramming cars, etc...   This can only be caught using the /report system.

Walling: Such as a vip tracking and avoiding the enemy though buildings or even on the map changing direction  to avoid being intercepted. (remember that only the vip is lit)

Quick carry: Running with a heavy item by using a bot to switch between fire and grab.

Quick switch: Switching between rhand fire to lhand fire repeat every shot (remember that all macros or anything that mimics a macro is banned)

Quick switch spawn case bot: switching the weapon load out through the use of  bot. Can switch from a hvr to an shaw in under 1 sec.

Fast run without mods: player have no mods loaded yet run 2x faster than with fragile mounted.  

Snap: players jumping out of cars or open doors with no recovery time, snapping on and insta firing

These cheats I observed within a 2 hour play.  Which would never be caught or banned by battle eye.   Not to mention that the GMs are not aware with the rules.  I talked to a GM in game am pointed out that there was a team of cheats, all in the same clan. He said that only one of them was cheating. Then I pointed out the rule "Grouping with a cheater is exploiting the cheaters' cheats. thus once a cheater is banned all of the players  that were grouping were also banned as they were cheating by exploit.  He looked up the rule and said that it seamed "harsh". Which is the point, until cheats fear being banned they will continue to cheat.

If you truly want to remove cheaters the you must ban ALL cheaters, those that claimed to be falsely banned were cheating, they were not hacking.

The only way to clean up the game is to restore the ability to /report. and a place to submit videos of the non-hack cheats.

Those that were complaining that they being told to stop cheating or be reported need to under stand that all cheats, not just hacks can be banned. The complainers were likely cheating, not hacking but instead exploring or bottling. I can not count the time I had to msg a ghost "stop blocking the OBJ or be reported" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AveragePlayer said:

Quick carry is easy to do with just your fingers. V spamming is easy to do once you get rhythm. If the inventory doesn't lag, most players will switch their weapons fast. FairFight can quickly detect 2x running speed, and it's been detected for quite some time. The instant out of a car is a desync issue.

Also, ghosters and griefers rarely get banned. It took 6 months to a year to ban a player that repeatedly griefed our clan whenever they were signed in. Then it took another 6 months to a year to ban their second account. Meanwhile, the streamer Summit, who did nothing but talk trash about the game, got a private GM who banned players for bumping into their vehicle during their stream.

11 hours ago, AveragePlayer said:

If you are truly trying to remove all cheaters then why have you removed the /report system?

90% of all that posted about being unfairly banned use the same excuse "I am not hacking" completely forgetting that ALL cheats not just hacks are bannable.

there are three listed cheat types that cheaters are banned for:

1: bots

2: exploits and of course

3: hacks.

While battle eye can catch hacks it can not catch the more used cheats such as:

Ghosting: when an enemy player has a clan mate, not in the fight , (grey) help them by blocking the obj, ramming cars, etc...   This can only be caught using the /report system.

Walling: Such as a vip tracking and avoiding the enemy though buildings or even on the map changing direction  to avoid being intercepted. (remember that only the vip is lit)

Quick carry: Running with a heavy item by using a bot to switch between fire and grab.

Quick switch: Switching between rhand fire to lhand fire repeat every shot (remember that all macros or anything that mimics a macro is banned)

Quick switch spawn case bot: switching the weapon load out through the use of  bot. Can switch from a hvr to an shaw in under 1 sec.

Fast run without mods: player have no mods loaded yet run 2x faster than with fragile mounted.  

Snap: players jumping out of cars or open doors with no recovery time, snapping on and insta firing

These cheats I observed within a 2 hour play.  Which would never be caught or banned by battle eye.   Not to mention that the GMs are not aware with the rules.  I talked to a GM in game am pointed out that there was a team of cheats, all in the same clan. He said that only one of them was cheating. Then I pointed out the rule "Grouping with a cheater is exploiting the cheaters' cheats. thus once a cheater is banned all of the players  that were grouping were also banned as they were cheating by exploit.  He looked up the rule and said that it seamed "harsh". Which is the point, until cheats fear being banned they will continue to cheat.

If you truly want to remove cheaters the you must ban ALL cheaters, those that claimed to be falsely banned were cheating, they were not hacking.

The only way to clean up the game is to restore the ability to /report. and a place to submit videos of the non-hack cheats.

Those that were complaining that they being told to stop cheating or be reported need to under stand that all cheats, not just hacks can be banned. The complainers were likely cheating, not hacking but instead exploring or bottling. I can not count the time I had to msg a ghost "stop blocking the OBJ or be reported" 

You have a point but... when they were banning "all cheaters" and that included false bans... THERE WAS NO GAME POPULATION.  Banning 17,000+ accounts did NOT stop the cheating!  LO has the right idea, temp bans escalating.  Although I would have worked it differently... temp bans but rapid kicks from game on suspicion with escalating 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 1 day lockouts.  If a GOOD player can work with support to establish he was not cheating... then compensation in the form of a couple days free premium would be warranted... as in someone constantly kicked due to a legit program incompatible /w BE. Harshness doesn't stop cheating it just make rage cheaters.

I would MUCH rather have a very suspicious character kicked during the mission... then watch him rack up so much cash he buys legendaries for his new reroll alt accounts.

Plus tormenting the longsuffering community forced to be steamrolled by cheats endlessly for months at a time before detection.

tbh "We are banning for hacking and cheating"

i dont see any of these since there litearlly STILL closets and blatant cheater out there. I mean we fought many YEARS those blatants and closets. In my opinion those guys doesn't even deserved a 2nd Chance since there's alot of videoproof material where you was easy able to see that they went blatant even while streaming (no i dont mean ***** but there was alot other ppl 😉 ) or even some of the cheating Clans which are now back and cheat again the shit out of the game. BE might be fine but the "investigation" needs way too long since there plenty of bypasses out and the "Temp Ban" Solution is a bad choice. You break the ToS of the Game? So you have to be punished for it. They've broken it once and got their (undeserved) 2nd Chance and do it again. Punishing this with a Tempban is a worse idea because they wont learn it when they even fk up their 2nd Chance

Edited by iSynergy
cutted name out

Matt has said he would like to add categories to /report to make it for more than just cheaters. I don't know why we haven't been told why /report was removed, but I assume they are testing the new features before going live.

Still, any info @MattScott could give us would be greatly appreciated.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:04 AM, Eixo said:

It was strange how they appeared to get less good for a day or two whenever the anticheat was updated though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vipertechs said:

It was strange how they appeared to get less good for a day or two whenever the anticheat was updated though.

Thats exactly what i mean... 

Before BE you saw them blatantly cheating (few got banned but got unbanned due LO) which results in a blatant reroll. BE got implementet and they disappeared or went HVR/Osmaw/Opgl and played Bad af. 1 Week later after BE you see those hacker groups again and surprise they're like gods again Hit every Single shot on any range, gain perfect ttk all around and i dont even wanna mention their perfect knowledge about enemy positions 🤦‍♂️

Edited by iSynergy
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, iSynergy said:

Thats exactly what i mean... 

Before BE you saw them blatantly cheating (few got banned but got unbanned due LO) which results in a blatant reroll. BE got implementet and they disappeared or went HVR/Osmaw/Opgl and played Bad af. 1 Week later after BE you see those hacker groups again and surprise they're like gods again Hit every Single shot on any range, gain perfect ttk all around and i dont even wanna mention their perfect knowledge about enemy positions 🤦‍♂️

Well there is no such thing as 100% secure.  and battleeye has been around for years, abeit it used to be considered one of the worst Anti cheats ((cough cough arma)) but now is consider one of the better ones. But yeah normally in todays climate, only takes about a week or two come up with a new anti cheat or anti cheat update, sometimes a month or more depending on the anti cheat in question.   

Theres always going to be hackers, since theres always going to be hack providers as much like how APB is a service, a product, hacks are also a service/product.  Abeit battleye does help in terms of making hacks harder to find or use since unlike fairfight or punkbuster, its harder to breach winch means those 5 dollar hacks that people used to get go up in price and are harder to come by, plus battleye with each update catches more of hte methods they use, so even with a reliable hack theres always a chance to get caught, i havent seen as much blatant hackers since BE was added, i've seen a few questionable people, but beyond that most people i'd say were hacking  even i'd later correct myself and say no that guy is legit.  i've only seen one person that i've been 100% confident that they were hacking and that was a teammate,  using a issb snaping left and right wrecking face.  Abeit i could be wrong since i've seen a influx of issb's lately as they used to be horrible guns but it seems everyone and their mother has been using them this past week.  

But point is, nothing is 100% secure and as long as hack providers can make money they will consistently be in a war with anti cheat providers, LO also most likely is still in the testing phase for BE and doesn't have everything enabled, nor are any of their bans currently from what they said perma until a real person looks into it or the subject is hit more then once by the system so hackers will still be a issue that can be seen for at least a few months untill they have both BE ironed out to be effective at both catching hackers but also not banning legit players. and their support system ironed out to then screen those who are caught and issue bans based apon the data.  in all honestly the current idea LO has is the best method, as the system checks and issues a temp ban, then a real person then investigates the data to determine if the data proves a hack is being used, or if its a false positive. and then issues a judgement based upon that. but again nothing is perfect.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, Tobii said:

Stop what? I am just calling you out for pushing you paranoia on to others.

Prove me wrong. Show me all the cheaters you got banned with all your hackusations. 🤣

i would gladly review gameplay footage and determine whether someone cheats, however i would be banned for doing so

On 7/10/2018 at 2:23 AM, professionalgamer said:
On 7/5/2018 at 4:05 AM, Tobii said:

Stop what? I am just calling you out for pushing you paranoia on to others.

Prove me wrong. Show me all the cheaters you got banned with all your hackusations. 🤣

i would gladly review gameplay footage and determine whether someone cheats, however i would be banned for doing so
You can always DM links.
Feel free to prove yourself whenever you are ready.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
You can always DM links.
Feel free to prove yourself whenever you are ready.
INITIATION

On 7/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, iSynergy said:

tbh "We are banning for hacking and cheating"

i dont see any of these since there litearlly STILL closets and blatant cheater out there. I mean we fought many YEARS those blatants and closets. In my opinion those guys doesn't even deserved a 2nd Chance since there's alot of videoproof material where you was easy able to see that they went blatant even while streaming (no i dont mean ***** but there was alot other ppl 😉 ) or even some of the cheating Clans which are now back and cheat again the shit out of the game. BE might be fine but the "investigation" needs way too long since there plenty of bypasses out and the "Temp Ban" Solution is a bad choice. You break the ToS of the Game? So you have to be punished for it. They've broken it once and got their (undeserved) 2nd Chance and do it again. Punishing this with a Tempban is a worse idea because they wont learn it when they even fk up their 2nd Chance

temp bans is like, hey dude why not cheat a few times, its fine. wonder how long it needs until the pop is back to pre LO times. bumping it with unbanning all these poeple didn't really improve anything.

4 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

temp bans is like, hey dude why not cheat a few times, its fine. wonder how long it needs until the pop is back to pre LO times. bumping it with unbanning all these poeple didn't really improve anything.
they’ve already stated that the temp bans are being used in case there’s a mass false ban, at the time of this information they were manually reviewing every temp ban and every single one had been made permanent 

4 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Temp bans are automatically given out by BE in order to give LO staff time to review the ban. Last time Matt posted 100% of temp bans had been converted to permanent bans. 

27 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
32 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

they’ve already stated that the temp bans are being used in case there’s a mass false ban, at the time of this information they were manually reviewing every temp ban and every single one had been made permanent 

does not change a single thing about the cheater issue not having changed, and if they want to manually check everyone, good luck, that probably piles up as hard as the current support issue given they investigate this properly, it will take time, and thats gonna be a lot more than people need rerolling. So if we don't get some automated bans on the most basic things even nothing will really change. Edited by LilyV3