MattScott

We are banning for hacking and cheating

9 minutes ago, Tobii said:

What.. in the actual F are you on about..?

A dream? no, this is actual facts.... False-positive happens, like it or not.

But I guess you don't care about some innocent person getting banned as long as actual cheaters get banned.. right?

1 innocent is worth 100 cheaters! 🤦‍♂️

No, I dont care got banned by G1 2 years before falsly ,but 3-5 days later they unbanned me.

No I dont care about cheaters its good they get banned quickly

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

3 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

No, I dont care got banned by G1 2 years before falsly ,but 3-5 days later they unbanned me.

No I dont care about cheaters

You don't care about cheaters.. right..

Asger already called you on your BS, so I won't bother.. 

@AsgerLund this is a lost course already.. the guy is completely ignoring what we actually say.

Edited by Tobii

I see the same hackers everyday, my support tickets regarding them get ignored or closed.
Yeah,

17c.png

8 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

TGM = player GMs who has next to no power

GM (red tag) = actual paid employees from LO, they will smack you or anyone with a ban hammer...

How hard is it to spot a captial T before GM part? 

GMs will and can BAN you.... 

TGMs cant.

TGMs are GMs in training, once trained they will all be GMs.

And as Lixil stated GMs will NOT have the power to ban.

60FNcZ0.png

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

TGMs are GMs in training, once trained they will all be GMs.

And as Lixil stated GMs will NOT have the power to ban.

60FNcZ0.png

Pretty sure no player will ever be given red tag n handed over power like an actual GM... 

I still dont get the once they are trained part.... I think TGM = SPCM n GM = GM... N that it... 

Maybe she was just talking about player GMs and not the paid employees of LO? 

2 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Pretty sure no player will ever be given red tag n handed over power like an actual GM... 

I still dont get the once they are trained part.... I think TGM = SPCM n GM = GM... N that it... 

All I can really do is quote Lixil on stuff, I dont know anything personally.

@Lixil any chance you can clear this up for us?

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I PMed lixil, she normally replies everyday (in about 8hrs from now)...if she replies back before she gives a rpely here, i will post the PM summery here... 

Back during G1 time, when me n zeue used play together, he used to teleport me to side of some suspected cheater in the enemy team, if he/she snapped (multiple times then he would spectate the player) then he used to ban em{if the suspect was cheating} ... 

So i thought maybe RED TAG GMs might still be the same n having the same power

Edited by Thelnformer

On 6/25/2018 at 5:41 AM, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I've seen this topic floating around the forums, and it's time to set the record straight.
We are banning for hacking and cheating.

The goals of our cheat implementation are:

• To eliminate cheaters and hackers from the game, so that regular players can enjoy themselves
  • To avoid inaccurate bans for cheating and hacking
  • To avoid having to mass unban players ever again

This last goal is crucial. Unbanning players resets the balance of the game. I felt it was necessary based on my own research, but only because I didn't like the previous subjective banning implementation.

Here are some answers to avoid any miscommunication of our strategy:

• We only ran BattlEye in observation mode for about a week after it first launched. This was just to review data without triggering any potential unfair mass bans.
  • The bulk of "easy" cheats or AHK programs simply don't work with BattlEye. (NOTE: If you're getting kicked from APB then disable any Auto Hot Key programs. They are not allowed in APB).
  • We have three different systems that can ban a player. These are *mostly* escalating temp bans that get longer and longer the more you get flagged.

Here is the important part that makes sure we achieve all three goals I outlined above:

My CS staff gets real time reports on the temp bans. We use that initial period to review each case and determine if we want to make it a permanent ban. I can tell you right now that 100% of the bans we've reviewed were made permanent. 

I am not proud of banning. I've already spoken on this topic a lot before, so I'm not going rehash that here.

We will not name and shame banned players, and we will not provide numbers on how many people we have banned.

Thanks,
Matt

good afternoon, Matt. I have a question. why does my ticket in the support hang about 34 days? with what is it related? id ticket #4763 and #67

1 hour ago, Thelnformer said:

You are incorrect.
GM isn't the highest privilege, there is something above that.
They both show as GM in-game, but one can ban while the other can only kick. (e.g. Tiggs could ban, but the now fired GM couldn't.)

It's a smart move since no GM should be able to ban someone just like that.

Edited by Tobii

Just get summit to play and set a baseline. anyone that plays above his aiming level can be insta banned

14 minutes ago, Isais said:

Just get summit to play and set a baseline. anyone that plays above his aiming level can be insta banned

Because surpassing yourself and other players the honest way is a crime warranting a ban.

1 hour ago, Isais said:

Summit is terrible at APB though.

Like TERRIBLE.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Like TERRIBLE.

He's not? Pretty sure you are "terrible" as well if you keeping getting the top 10 people on NA because they snipe you all the time.

All while getting griefed to shit.

Edited by Tobii

14 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

Mate do you even read? You are running around with pitchforks without even knowing whats happening... 

Bloody pitchforkers... 

TGM = player GMs who has next to no power

GM (red tag) = actual paid employees from LO, they will smack you or anyone with a ban hammer...

How hard is it to spot a captial T before GM part? 

GMs will and can BAN you.... 

TGMs cant.

Pretty sure TGM would work as OVERWATCHING from CSGO... These selected players gets alert that <player name>, is suspected for cheating.... The TGM(s) will spectate the suspect and then gets to a conclusion, as in 

Cheating = yes / no.

Then the details are handed to actual GM(s) {RED TAG}, then these GMs will do whats necessary ...

(similar to overwatch but with some extra.... Then again... Lets wait for LO to tell us what exactly are they planning) 

Bear in mind that the GMs program aims to improve the overall experience of the game and not exclusively chase after cheaters. If any of you have experience playing in private servers for any other games which I think you do, such as Counter Strike in example, you know you can have a great experience playing in a peaceful environment where the rivalry is okay but no one is disrespectful to each others because small communities usually have direct contact with the ingame admins every time they need them. I think pretty much this is what they expect to have when the Community GMs starts doing their job.

Also, lot of players forget they should consider the latency values of each player on a given situation when they "feel" someone is killing them "faster" than the weapon allows to, let's say a TTK of a gun is, idk let's say 0.71 secs and one of the players on a fight is playing with +180ms, that's a quarter of the overall TTK of a gun so that would add a considerable delay in the TTK imo.

Also I think that when it comes to investigate a suspected player, first of all the investigation should never be closed, so if someone else reports the same player again they shouldn't dismiss the report but take another look at the suspected player instead, and if the GMs have more info about what they should be looking for, such as wallhacks or something like that, then they should take a considerable amount of time to determine because is a very sensible matter to ban a player and personally I rather have a suspected player playing till I can prove he was definitely cheating than banning someone based on suspicions while he might be just skilled and/or lucky. 

(Even I do some stuff sometimes that I get scared of being considered a cheater because I just turn corners shooting or I just throw grenades to where an enemy could be coming from and many times I success with my predictions.)

10 hours ago, Edwin322 said:

Im protecting those ppl who get hackusated for some unreal reactions or skills ... but they are just skillful ones

You shouldn't be worried about protecting anyone, whoever is playing legit will be fine and confident that if something wrong happens they'll be able to explain it. What I couldn't explain myself instead is how there's so many people concerned about being "hackusated" when I personally consider it something to be proud of and I always enjoy exchanging some words with the ones I suspect or the ones who hackusate me so we both understand what we did that just looked like cheating.

5 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

I think a good tag for them once they pass the Trial stage would be CGM = Community Game Moderator.../Master/Mister/Monster or whatever the M stands for lol 😛

Edited by Salvick

13 hours ago, Tobii said:

You are incorrect.
GM isn't the highest privilege, there is something above that.
They both show as GM in-game, but one can ban while the other can only kick. (e.g. Tiggs could ban, but the now fired GM couldn't.)

It's a smart move since no GM should be able to ban someone just like that.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ok i was WRONG.

Lixil responded to PM {since its against rules to post exact PM with admins / support}

She said that{something similar to} ,

TGMs are trial game mods who could become GMs {red tag} once they pass the tests n stuffs.

Also GMs nor TGMs doesnt have the power to BAN, only Lixil and support can !

Tbh, i like this idea, cause some GMs really had this....special thing to *certain* players..... And im pretty sure Lixil wont be like that, from the conversation we have been having, Lixil seems to be a damn nice person who is unbiased !

WE ARE IN GOOD HANDS BOIS ! ❤️ 

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Salvick said:

Bear in mind that the GMs program aims to improve the overall experience of the game and not exclusively chase after cheaters. If any of you have experience playing in private servers for any other games which I think you do, such as Counter Strike in example, you know you can have a great experience playing in a peaceful environment where the rivalry is okay but no one is disrespectful to each others because small communities usually have direct contact with the ingame admins every time they need them. I think pretty much this is what they expect to have when the Community GMs starts doing their job.

Pretty sure something like this is gona happen here since no GMs / TGMs can ban players. Also TGMs cannot do missions while in their TGM account [debatable]. The only thing that could go haywire is....rivalry, most of the APBR population is made of overgrown kids who yells "I F ur mom , get cancer , jump from a bridge, serious no jokes " etc...I just hope that those kinda people never gets a chance to be anything more than a player !

Also, lot of players forget they should consider the latency values of each player on a given situation when they "feel" someone is killing them "faster" than the weapon allows to, let's say a TTK of a gun is, idk let's say 0.71 secs and one of the players on a fight is playing with +180ms, that's a quarter of the overall TTK of a gun so that would add a considerable delay in the TTK imo.

Despite playing with 280ms on certain times of the day {mobile hotspot on trains} , i never felt that <------- MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. But then again what you said is true, the only thing i feel when playing APBR is going into cover n getting shot and i see blood outside the cover, now i just learned to avoid running to cover in a fight n just....shoot to death.

Also I think that when it comes to investigate a suspected player, first of all the investigation should never be closed, so if someone else reports the same player again they shouldn't dismiss the report but take another look at the suspected player instead, and if the GMs have more info about what they should be looking for, such as wallhacks or something like that, then they should take a considerable amount of time to determine because is a very sensible matter to ban a player and personally I rather have a suspected player playing till I can prove he was definitely cheating than banning someone based on suspicions while he might be just skilled and/or lucky. 

This is exactly how i became friends with a few GMs in the past. I used to be damn suspicious player back then {now im just meh at the best}. The reason i just said this is because even in the past, case against a player was never closed, GMs used to spectate players repeatedly 1

(Even I do some stuff sometimes that I get scared of being considered a cheater because I just turn corners shooting or I just throw grenades to where an enemy could be coming from and many times I success with my predictions.)

Literally every experienced player in APBR does that, NADE n RUN in tactics .... I do this mostly cause it affects the fps of the corner camper n i get ez kill  😛 

You shouldn't be worried about protecting anyone, whoever is playing legit will be fine and confident that if something wrong happens they'll be able to explain it. What I couldn't explain myself instead is how there's so many people concerned about being "hackusated" when I personally consider it something to be proud of and I always enjoy exchanging some words with the ones I suspect or the ones who hackusate me so we both understand what we did that just looked like cheating.

So..... you are saying that, you love/enjoy when some tells you to get cancer or die?!  Damn..teach me sempai i need to learn that skill 😧 { i have had pages of saved hackaccusations }

I think a good tag for them once they pass the Trial stage would be CGM = Community Game Moderator.../Master/Mister/Monster or whatever the M stands for lol 😛

Why do we need more segregation ?!

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Like TERRIBLE.

YOU ARE RIGHT SIRE, He is terribad !

10 hours ago, Tobii said:

He's not? Pretty sure you are "terrible" as well if you keeping getting the top 10 people on NA because they snipe you all the time.

All while getting griefed to shit.

@Tobii Did you just forget about the part where he raged because he was getting killed by low silvers with PMG/OBIR. Summit is at the best a silver 15 or Gold 1 !{unless he just magically improved A LOT lately}

Edited by Thelnformer

Despite playing with 280ms on certain times of the day {mobile hotspot on trains} , i never felt that <------- MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. But then again what you said is true, the only thing i feel when playing APBR is going into cover n getting shot and i see blood outside the cover, now i just learned to avoid running to cover in a fight n just....shoot to death.

If you ever get a latency value like that and have the chance to put two computers together to play and test you'd get surprised, I really changed the way I used to think by 180° after doing it.

So..... you are saying that, you love/enjoy when some tells you to get cancer or die?!  Damn..teach me sempai i need to learn that skill 😧 { i have had pages of saved hackaccusations }

Why do we need more segregation ?!

Lol, well I wasn't talking about that kind of /whispers, but we can also prevent that if we are experienced enough to detect when a less skilled player is getting stomped and we just kindly whisper them in the middle of the match to assist them or at least to let them laugh a bit with a joke between kills.

I mean, usually the angriest players are those that are still struggling to get better but are actually getting bullied by tryhards and pre-made groups of tryhards imo, I started to see these kind of message less often when I started communicating with my opposition in a friendly way when I feel is necessary.

And what do you mean about segregating? The current Trial GMs already have a tag like <TGM> and I'm not sure if it is a good idea to mix players with actual company staff at the eyes of everyone else.

1 minute ago, Salvick said:

And what do you mean about segregating? The current Trial GMs already have a tag like <TGM> and I'm not sure if it is a good idea to mix players with actual company staff at the eyes of everyone else.

Lets not derail the thread with other stuff, i wasnt talking about having TGM tag... I was asking why do we need to differentiate between LO Staff GMs and Player GMs who have passed the GM test, since both will have the same player....

TGMs once passed their tests gets promoted to GM, why do we need to segregate them into PLAYER GM n STAFF GM [after the promotion]

Nothing's new about the cheaters, they're still in the game doing the unknown and still making the game remain the same as it was. I don't know what you do with Battleye but it's not collecting data nor banning people because I still get a cheater that does over 30-5 in one mission (I'm a gold ranked, 236, Veteran player into APB since 2011 and still knows what cheaters are in this game).

8 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Lets not derail the thread with other stuff, i wasnt talking about having TGM tag... I was asking why do we need to differentiate between LO Staff GMs and Player GMs who have passed the GM test, since both will have the same player....

TGMs once passed their tests gets promoted to GM, why do we need to segregate them into PLAYER GM n STAFF GM [after the promotion]

I agree, let's bring it to the other thread where you also posted? What you think?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Regenance said:

Nothing's new about the cheaters, they're still in the game doing the unknown and still making the game remain the same as it was. I don't know what you do with Battleye but it's not collecting data nor banning people because I still get a cheater that does over 30-5 in one mission (I'm a gold ranked, 236, Veteran player into APB since 2011 and still knows what cheaters are in this game).

Being a VET DOESNT MEAN there cant be someone who is better than you. Please stop thinking that the world revolves under you 🙂 ... I have had missions where i did 30-40 kills with less than 5 deaths, and at the same time i have had several 0-4 / 0-7 missions.....

Not everyone who does better than you is a cheater 🙂 

29 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Being a VET DOESNT MEAN there cant be someone who is better than you. Please stop thinking that the world revolves under you 🙂 ... I have had missions where i did 30-40 kills with less than 5 deaths, and at the same time i have had several 0-4 / 0-7 missions.....

confirmed cheater.

29 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Excuse me, are you apart of LO or just wannabe mod here?

12 minutes ago, NyanPowa said:

confirmed cheater.

stfn.gif

I'm beginning to enjoy the troll accounts on here.