MattScott

We are banning for hacking and cheating

2 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

I was going to follow this up with a poop joke but it was shitty.

eDrs90B.gif

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

please flush yourself

my bad, it was too corny

22 hours ago, Thelnformer said:

So the bans have started? 

Damn nice... 

@MattScott

QUESTION : Can we get banned for DISALLOWED PROGRAM #0 from BE? (i started getting it last week randomly but it gone... For now).... The error doesnt even tell the user what exactly is the disallowed program... 

Pretty sure there are other people around who got DISALLOWED PROGRAM error... 

That would be nice.

At the very least Tell us what program is triggering battleEye.

"Twitchoverlayprogram Is suspecting cheating" Something along that line.

17 hours ago, MrChan said:

How? Does BattlEye go as deep as to see what you're actually using AHK for? Can it tell the difference between a macro to spam join a district and one to spam your Joker Carbine?

Or would we rely on FF to detect that you have identical intervals between shots? Cos that works well doesn't it?

Nah, leave it banned, please.

Escalating temp bans. That means that if you keep at it, the temporary ban would get rather long.

How quickly their detected is more important anyway. A guy hacking for 30 minutes, then getting a 24 hour ban from BattlEye, and then hacking for another 30 minutes, followed by a 1 week ban and so on until his ban is so long that he rerolls, is better than a guy hacking for 10 hours before being FFd and then rerolling for another 10 hours of hacking before he's FFd again.

10 hours? Some people were rage hacking for weeks.

5 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Ehmm are u sure its working bcause some players are cheating the shit out of their asses right now...

I don't think your opinion of who is and is not cheating is a very reliable one, you called me a hacker on my alt in asylum when I was using a PMG, barely going positive. 'Nuff said.

6 hours ago, ch4ncer said:

First, I am here longer than you, second, it's wise to do so in order for Battle Eye to fully understand how blatants/closets behave and act accordingly, to my understanding 1 week of observation isn't enough to provide Battle Eye all the suspicious behavior that has been observed on APB throughout the years.

"BattlEye at its core is a proactive protection system which puts a strong shield around the entire game. That way most hacking is completely blocked to begin with. This system is constantly evolving to cover new forms of attacking games. The remaining hacking is covered by an intelligent dynamic on-the-fly detection system, ensuring that unrelenting cheaters are globally banned quickly. BattlEye thereby does its entire job independently without requiring any input from the developer’s side."

BattleEye is always in observation mode.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, saudauish said:

lol cheating is a temp ban? is that a joke?

The initial temp ban period allows for us to review the offense and determine whether to convert it to a permanent ban.

If the system started crazy banning people for no reason, and my team was too swamped to keep up, then we know those bans would only be temporary and self correcting.

14 hours ago, UltraMES187 said:

@MattScott What about Fairfight? Didnt see the usual Fairfight Active message in chat when joining a district. So did you guys just turn the message off or are you still on tweaking it? Or did you remove FF completly?

Fairfight is still active. We have just disabled all the messages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Redeemed said:

@MattScott Q. Does the ingame /report <player> command actually do anything like alerting GMs to inappropriate in-game behavior? I ask because from recent experience, I've encountered a few players who are blatantly trying to dethreat by hanging around objective areas but are not actively participating in the match. This contributes to a bad in-game experience which is prolonged when these players continue to get teamed with you over and over.

With all the new systems in place, we are re-evaluating how /report should work. I still want a way for players to flag behavior that can give GMs people to spot check.

TL;DR - We are going to reimplement /report so it actually benefits the system with information we can use.

8 hours ago, YeOldLegends said:

@MattScott Hey Matt, could you get a temp ban or a ban for having AHK on to many time. I use this tool for Path of Exile and I sometimes forget to close it and open up APB and I get kicked and I am just kinda on tippy toes worried about even getting a temp ban.

https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro

We currently only kick for AHK. You should be fine.

7 hours ago, Chinook said:

It achieves nothing. It just makes people to bleed out their hearts and use every insult they can figure out just to try insult someone who's no longer around, at least not under that name anyway.

There is also large portion amongst cheaters who specificly go looking for notoriety and FeelsBadMan-posts they get mentioned in - that's their fap material. They shouldn't be given fap material.

When someone is banned, he/she is banned. End of story. Any public discussion about it is unnecessary and pointless if the bans are done right and with adequate proof.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

That would be nice.

At the very least Tell us what program is triggering battleEye.

"Twitchoverlayprogram Is suspecting cheating" Something along that line.

Matt answered it on the first page that they are asking BE to give better explanation and also nobody will get banned due to

DISALLOWED PROGRAM.

I think /report should alert TGMs they could go invisible and check / spectate the flagged player, if they feel the player is cheating, they could escalate it to actual GMs who could spectate the player and do what's necessary... 

@MattScott

Edited by Thelnformer

14 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

I think /report should alert TGMs they could go invisible and check / spectate the flagged player, if they feel the player is cheating, they could escalate it to actual GMs who could spectate the player and do what's necessary... 

@MattScott

This is generally where we're heading with a couple differences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, MattScott said:

With all the new systems in place, we are re-evaluating how /report should work. I still want a way for players to flag behavior that can give GMs people to spot check.

TL;DR - We are going to reimplement /report so it actually benefits the system with information we can use.

That's great 😀

1 minute ago, MattScott said:

This is generally where we're heading with a couple differences.

Going a bit further in this topic, although I couldn't know better than you and your devs team about this, I think the /report system should work more like a ticket system that puts you on a queue when use it and you can't send more reports till the GMs review your report and they flag it solved or working on. Even in a server with a dozen of players they still abuse the /report channels spamming every time if they feel nothing happens.

Also would make it easier to analyze the logs and gather statistics about GMs activity as same as avoiding getting the logs flooded with multiple /reports from the same player.

Just my two cents, but I'm looking forward to see how it goes when it improves, sounds great to be talking about this with such detail.

EDIT: Matt already answered. Pardon

Edited by Poperon

3 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Still no answers about FairFight. Is FF still on, complementing BE system, or it's turned off for tweaks?

As many said before, them both acting together would be the ideal, imho.

they literally just answered that like 10 minutes ago

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

they literally just answered that like 10 minutes ago

Yeah, i did a barrel roll on mouse scroll too fast :classic_ninja:

Pardon my ignorance pls senpai

• Like 1

I wonder if it is possible for us as players to spectate each other while we are in a mission or fight club. I have always wanted to see how others play the game from their point of view.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snakeyio said:

I wonder if it is possible for us as players to spectate each other while we are in a mission or fight club. I have always wanted to see how others play the game from their point of view.

Sounds like stream sniping on steroids.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Sounds like stream sniping on steroids.

LOL, this confuses me. Maybe spectating teammates only wouldn't be like stream sniping, but I love watching others fight in mission districts while I'm not in their mission.

Just now, Snakeyio said:

LOL, this confuses me. Maybe spectating teammates only wouldn't be like stream sniping, but I love watching others fight in mission districts while I'm not in their mission.

Same.

Thats why I watch a lot of twitch tho.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Same.

Thats why I watch a lot of twitch tho.

Not everyone streams on twitch. In-game spectating is way better than watching a stream. I don't like Twitch's video quality.

7 minutes ago, Snakeyio said:

Not everyone streams on twitch. In-game spectating is way better than watching a stream. I don't like Twitch's video quality.

apb's current spectator mode is pretty garbage, and honestly spending resources on a system that could be easily abused isnt a great idea imo

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

apb's current spectator mode is pretty garbage, and honestly spending resources on a system that could be easily abused isnt a great idea imo

I agree with you on this. Maybe LO has better thoughts.

Thanks Matt !

Great job,now every kind of cheater ,macro user or hacker gets banned ,this is so fantastic !

I've waited for so long,didnt believed it would ever happen,that APB gets a proper Anti-Cheat 😀🤩

Edited by Atomkraftwerk