MattScott

We are banning for hacking and cheating

What about, you guys remove the AHK restriction only  for social district ? , i use it for fun purposes and also repetitive tasks such as putting my items on market every day .

Here , it won't affect other players .

And i've got another question , is FairFight still there ?  , we see everyone talking about battle eye , but FairFight is still running server side right ? i think you mentionned it somewhere else . but , is that true ?

14 minutes ago, Niggs said:

pls unblock ahk 😕

That is not a good idea.

People use it for triggerbots, color aimbots, various pixelgetcolor>pixelsearch aim correction, anti recoil assistance etc etc. There is so much you could actually do with AHK (and autoit). Believe me!

5 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

That is not a good idea.

People use it for triggerbots, color aimbots, various pixelgetcolor>pixelsearch aim correction, anti recoil assistance etc etc. There is so much you could actually do with AHK (and autoit). Believe me!

and then they will get banned

4 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

That is not a good idea.

Agreed. I went to do some research on how readily available the cheats are on APB to make a decision if its worth returning, and most of the AHK script kiddies are blocked. It takes a load off my mind to know that the most common triggerbot option is no longer available. Theres just tooooo many ways you can cheat with AHK.

1 minute ago, Niggs said:

Prevention is better than crime

• Like 1

Just now, MagicPancake said:

Agreed. I went to do some research on how readily available the cheats are on APB to make a decision if its worth returning, and most of the AHK script kiddies are blocked. It takes a load off my mind to know that the most common triggerbot option is no longer available. Theres just tooooo many ways you can cheat with AHK.

Prevention is better than crime

ahk isnt used entirely for crappy triggerbots

4 minutes ago, Niggs said:

Well... kicked, Apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Niggs said:

ahk isnt used entirely for crappy triggerbots

It is still the number one go to macro for triggerbots and other cheats I wont mention here. Whatever you might need a macro for would probably not be as important as preventing the most common form of cheating to plague this game ever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aeronaut said:

don't worry about all that. unless we're playing for money, just try to have as much fun as you can. if the game is no longer providing fun, you play something else. if enough people adapt to this mentality, this creates a bigger urge for the company to do something because they're losing customers due to a certain area.

also, if you're playing against someone really good or "really good", just think of it as a boss fight. 

In a game without a leader board, and where all the big names and owners only care about one thing; reputation, I feel like it should be announced who is/was cheating 🙂 just my opinion though. And haha the boss fight reference is a good tip. Although I much more prefer to bang my head in the desk - Kempington style 😂

Nice, offenders will just simply disappear into the abyss never to be seen again. until they reroll i guess.

or can they reroll? now that's an interesting question 🤔

2 hours ago, Niggs said:

How? Does BattlEye go as deep as to see what you're actually using AHK for? Can it tell the difference between a macro to spam join a district and one to spam your Joker Carbine?

Or would we rely on FF to detect that you have identical intervals between shots? Cos that works well doesn't it?

Nah, leave it banned, please.

31 minutes ago, saudauish said:

lol cheating is a temp ban? is that a joke?

Escalating temp bans. That means that if you keep at it, the temporary ban would get rather long.

How quickly their detected is more important anyway. A guy hacking for 30 minutes, then getting a 24 hour ban from BattlEye, and then hacking for another 30 minutes, followed by a 1 week ban and so on until his ban is so long that he rerolls, is better than a guy hacking for 10 hours before being FFd and then rerolling for another 10 hours of hacking before he's FFd again.

and suddenly, lots of gold players stop being gold and others stop playing because they can't cheat, lol hilarious.

But there will always be that random closet cheater out there... and we are gonna omsaw it to death until he quits.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Musul Man said:

But there will always be that random closet cheater out there... and we are gonna omsaw it to death until he quits.

That's why yesterday, almost every time I got opposed, there was an OSMAW on enemy's hands?

Darn annoying!

Thanks matt. very nice to see apb is alive and is getting better day by day. 

This is great news! Thanks for the update. 🙂

Wait what? Why are there still rank 80ish ragehackers in fight club then?

Thanks for the info, Matt!

Keep it up! 😎

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

and we will not provide numbers on how many people we have banned.

hmmm

But what about scammers? People scam and trade scammed guns on Citadel almost openly, some even don't change characters and one said he got ~40 guns this way. Besides ruining trading and overall gameplay experience (why even bother with progression if one may scam anything they want?) these simply remove paying customers from the game: some people quit after being scammed.

3 minutes ago, Letter said:

But what about scammers? People scam and trade scammed guns on Citadel almost openly, some even don't change characters and one said he got ~40 guns this way. Besides ruining trading and overall gameplay experience (why even bother with progression if one may scam anything they want?) these simply remove paying customers from the game: some people quit after being scammed.

There is mention of a trading system in the APB Road map blog post: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/06/apb-roadmap.html

@MattScott What about Fairfight? Didnt see the usual Fairfight Active message in chat when joining a district. So did you guys just turn the message off or are you still on tweaking it? Or did you remove FF completly?