JayedSkier

Should Free Players have customization options expanded?

Should customization options be expanded for free players?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Expand customization for free players?

• Yes
    • No

What even is premium used for if 90% of the players play the game on shitty settings?

7 minutes ago, XYXYXYXYX said:

I love how you're presuming that anyone that would want more freedom for ftp players are jobless kids because it's just impossible for anyone who's dropped big money on this game to think that they should have more options. Also since you mentioned WoW you should also realize that outside of that $15 or $13 per month if you buy bulk time that you can then ignore the shop aside from when expansions drop.

Only recently has my spending in WoW started getting close to apb despite the fact I've been playing WoW for 6-7 years. The sub and expansion purchases in WoW covers basically all the content no other payments required compared to apb where on top of needing premium to get the most out of the game you then need to purchase stuff from armas if you want to experience all the content available which is especially rough when you have an alt due to the lack of account bound options for clothing.

I don't regret any of my purchases in apb but I still think it's stupid how limiting not having premium when also paired up with the fact that you have to buy so many things if you want it all, which I say while having premium myself currently and basically forever.

Thank you for sharing.

Free will is such a odd thing, i greatly disagree with the choice but you know how God is.

It is almost like you can choose to pay for these things or to not to. Odd. I mean you could easily spend any amount you want on any game that allows a store type function.

Anyway I still think freeloaders f2p users should get nothing, because they give nothing. They are there to be content for the paying customers. That is the trade off they get for playing for free.

But yes apb has always been a heavy money sink and honestly more so than is proper for a girl game of its quality.

15 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

What even is premium used for if 90% of the players play the game on shitty settings?

another 90% 

what a strange coincidence

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

another 90% 

what a strange coincidence

Illuminati confirmed.

90%

7 hours ago, Defibrillator said:

Why is some shitlord talking like he knows how most of the community plays when this dingus just joined a month ago?

3 hours ago, Toxicitykiller said:

Why is some shitlord talking like he knows how most of the community plays when this dingus just joined a month ago?

i take it your name is meant to be ironic

On 6/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, Thelnformer said:

HARD NO...... 

Customization should always be behind pay wall... Im all up for everyone being equal on the battlefield... (or well shootouts).... 

But customization should ALWAYS be given to people who pay for it.

There are a LOT games making TONS of money just on cosmetics... Apbr should be like that...

Premium = customization 

I want to introduce you to a concept in game design called "Visual progression". Much like mechanical progression (levelling up, unlocking new skills etc) visual progression is all about the aesthetics of the player's game. In an MMO, this is why the cool looking gear is higher level, and part of the reason that all the coolest looking skills are high-level too. In a game like APB, it's the reason you unlock cosmetics from contacts as you level up their reputation.

Visual progression isn't insignificant, it has a huge impact on the player's enjoyment. Often it gives many players a goal (remember seeing people in full-on raid gear playing WoW and wanting it for yourself?) or gives, or takes up several hours of their life just because they want their gear to look that much cooler and more unique than everybody else's (This is true of APB, but you can see it in games like Warframe too). Honestly, it's really underappreciated by a lot of consumers just how much it affects games, when people say that cash shops should be "cosmetic only". They don't realise that they risk having cosmetics be limited to cash shops, which is incredibly damaging to a game.

While I agree that cosmetic customisation SHOULD be broader for paying customers (only because their model is f2p and they need to make money somehow). Saying that ALL customisation should be behind a paywall is a bit extreme. And really is a bad idea for the game in the long run.

• Like 1

I bet you could rename this poll are you a freeloader in APB, get the same people to vote, and get the exact same results.

DvbzBY0.gif

Edited by CookiePuss

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

"freeloader"

Curious term that. The implication is that something is being taken without giving anything back.

What's being taken? Gametime? Customisation? Oh no, what shall we do with all these f2p players populating our servers and consuming all our infinite digital resources?

Honestly.

Edited by Fyre

12 minutes ago, Fyre said:

Curious term that. The implication is that something is being taken without giving anything back.

Was a joke, but since you brought it up...

0wGBxAz.png

The generosity being that of both LO and paying players.

Probably not free but I think they should allow you to buy customization perks for a cheaper price, I don't care about money and exp, I just want to customize and don't want to open rng boxes nor pay 15$ just to customize.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

The generosity being that of both LO and paying players.

Are you implying that paying players are being generous towards f2ps when they pay for cosmetics for themselves and themselves only?

Or that LO is being generous by running their business? F2P models have never been a charity move, They're there purely to make money (as so many people have said).

Also as per the definition. There's still nothing actually being taken.

(I know it was a joke but I like stirring shit up, It's a forum, this is what they're basically for.)

there shouldn't even be a poll for this,

breaking the business model breaking this means breaking income means game wont last

but wait lets 2x premium rewards then XD

Edited by Zalman18

53 minutes ago, Fyre said:

Are you implying that paying players are being generous towards f2ps when they pay for cosmetics for themselves and themselves only?

Or that LO is being generous by running their business? F2P models have never been a charity move, They're there purely to make money (as so many people have said).

Also as per the definition. There's still nothing actually being taken.

(I know it was a joke but I like stirring shit up, It's a forum, this is what they're basically for.)

Without the generosity of payed players  and without the hard work of LO employees, freeloaders wouldnt have a game to play. 

And by all means, stir away. Forums have been kinda boring last couple of days. 

48 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Without the generosity of payed players  and without the hard work of LO employees, freeloaders wouldnt have a game to play. 

And by all means, stir away. Forums have been kinda boring last couple of days. 

See I don't know if I'd call what LO and paying players are doing as "generosity" since it's entirely fuelled by self-interest and not at all for the benefit of the f2p players.

5 minutes ago, Fyre said:

See I don't know if I'd call what LO and paying players are doing as "generosity" since it's entirely fuelled by self-interest and not at all for the benefit of the f2p players.

Hmmm... probably right about the LO employees, they are paid after all. 

I might even have to concede the paid players too. 

Shit... I think I just lost this argument didnt I?

Edited by CookiePuss

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Hmmm... probably right about the LO employews, they are paid after all. 

I might even have to concede the paid players too. 

Shit... I think I just lost this argument didnt I?

Hah, it's alright. You won the forums for actually considering my argument critically instead of blithely spouting your own.

9 minutes ago, Fyre said:

Hah, it's alright. You won the forums for actually considering my argument critically instead of blithely spouting your own.

Huzzah!!!

This game is based around customization, so there’s your answer. 

1 hour ago, fbwtag said:

This game is based around customization, so there’s your answer. 

... wut?

I'd support players having full ability to customize without premium.  This game's biggest selling point is the customization and, once a player is invested in their character, they're much more likely to spend money/get premium imo.  Don't really feel like the limits on customization do the game any favors.

Edited by mynd

9 hours ago, mynd said:

I'd support players having full ability to customize without premium.  This game's biggest selling point is the customization and, once a player is invested in their character, they're much more likely to spend money/get premium imo.  Don't really feel like the limits on customization do the game any favors.

If thats true, then Id support it too. 

I have no idea how these things work tbh. 

Edited by CookiePuss

I will kinda sound like some kind of elite going to you and saying "you don't understand concept of that" but sadly... i must say that.

The whole customization is only unlocked for premium players. Why? Because it's one of main features of game and because it's main constant way to get income of the players.

What's the point to premium other than more customization? Sure you get clan name as title unlocked (who normal even unlocks it for that?) and additional money and progression toward contacts (only make sense if you level up) but what's else make people buy premium? Nothing.

And game needs money to function. Math is simple.

I understand you. I would want full customization for free too. But premium needs to get more out of that, otherwise it don't make sense to buy premium and game will face death soon enough.

But about expansion so F2P get more and premium still is worth it seems fine.

But at other hand... it might stop some from even buying premium anymore. It's tricky.

Edited by Mitne