JayedSkier

Should Free Players have customization options expanded?

Should customization options be expanded for free players?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Expand customization for free players?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, MagicPancake said:

I have no premium. And i feel that customisation is at the right place. I do feel compelled to buy premium after returning to the game on my new account. Thats how the game should work. I think you're being really rude dismissing other people by saying they are salty but you're a cheapo trying to get free things without supporting the game. The idea of APB staying afloat on cosmetic is friggin wonderful, stay off our weapons, less joke boxes, etc. Yet you are only concerned about yourself getting free slots smh

I played during RTW and after G1 took over. I've spent countless amounts of money on this game because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Me being cheap when it comes to this game is the most outrageous lie I've ever been accused of. I've watched this game go from a diamond in the rough to a pile of rubbish at the hands of lazy and rude community managers and lack of intelligent employees. I understand how new players feel because over the years I've tried countless times to have friends enjoy this game with me and every time it's the same answers as to why they never stick around more than an hour.

"Premium is too expensive, guns aren't permanent unless you pay for them, everything is locked and what I can unlock isn't even good"

I could care less if some noob gets a clothing pack or jeep for free, and if makes them stick around and have a higher potential of spending money,

that is by FAR a better marketing and business decision than it is to lock it behind a paywall and have a player retain 1 hour of gameplay only to quit without a sale.

the argument of "I spent money on this! other people should too!" is ridiculous. 

Edited by Verocious
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's important to be aware of that any multiplayer game stands and falls with its playerbase, and the F2P players are a large part of that. I don't believe that the lack of customization options early on is a big factor in the lack of player retention, but rather how unintuitive the game is, how poor the matchmaking is, and that it's hard to afford something simple as weapon leashes early on.

• Like 1

I don't think customisations should be relaxed for non premium users. Game has got to make money somehow.

But I do think premium price should be lowered. $11-$12 ($10 for already premium subs) is disgusting when compared to other F2P games and actual services like Netflix or even Amazon Prime.

If anything, I think premium should give you a little more standing gain and access to more daily/weekly rewards. At the moment I just think it's very expensive for what it is.

I'm not complaining for myself though, I have over 3000 days when Joker Mystery boxes used to be very generous!

Edited by Shini
  • Like 1

I don't know how many players there are like me, but I only ever use premium for the sake of customization. My main is max ranked and I make vastly more money selling clothing/symbols on the market than I ever could in missions anyway.

And while it might be more convenient for me in the short term if free players had more customization access, I also want this game to succeed, and for the people who are working on it to be paid.

So as much as I'd like to hop in whenever and do some customizing without having to spring for premium, I want to be sure there'll still be a game to hop back into.

Why free players should generally get something for free?
You have done nothing for this, the developers have to earn.
It is necessary to LIMIT the free players on the contrary, so that many free players think about buying a premium, premium should become what 80% of players have.

After doing such free requests, the game can die again because it will lose potential profits from players. I hope the developers are not as stupid as g1c

Edited by etucat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

So why spend money, if you get juuuuuuuuuuuuust enough to do what you wanna do?

This, combined with other threads.... Geez... Do any of you know how a business works?

The company must still make money to exist and keep the game f2p. You cant get everything for free. And the thing is you can buy  ready made Symbols/clothes/ cars..., near everything you want ingame. And you can surely ask somebody to help you out, thst is not problem. The concept says “Free to Play“ and not “Free to get what you want“ that does not work.

If we want to have equal options for all players, then we must step to “Pay to Play“ without Premium but with more stuff for buying and more ready made customisation stuff etc.

4 hours ago, Shini said:

I don't think customisations should be relaxed for non premium users. Game has got to make money somehow.

But I do think premium price should be lowered. $11-$12 ($10 for already premium subs) is disgusting when compared to other F2P games and actual services like Netflix or even Amazon Prime.

If anything, I think premium should give you a little more standing gain and access to more daily/weekly rewards. At the moment I just think it's very expensive for what it is.

I'm not complaining for myself though, I have over 3000 days when Joker Mystery boxes used to be very generous!

10-15 dollars a month is pretty standard for subscription services, i see no issue with the price

Im fine with whatever is best for the game. 

That being said, Im having a hard time understanding how giving less reason to buy premium will bring in more money. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shini said:

Sorry to go off topic a little, but they aren't as generous as they used to be? When or how did that change? I was thinking of splurging on boxes specifically just to get back to having 1000's of days of premium.

1 minute ago, Teardrops69 said:

Sorry to go off topic a little, but they aren't as generous as they used to be? When or how did that change? I was thinking of splurging on boxes specifically just to get back to having 1000's of days of premium.

pretty sure it’s always going to be cheaper to buy straight premium over joker boxes, coming from someone with thousands of days left lol

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

The only thing they should change about premium is, removing the faster cooldown and add it to everyone to be the standard pls thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

Back in the day. Joker mystery box 1 had a higher chance in winning a legendary. At least from my experience. I had so many ducks. I remember buying 3 boxes and got 2 sitting ducks.

And when I didn't win a duck, I got 2nd tier rewards which was 30 days premium. And I got so many of those.

Nowadays you dont get much premium days from boxes, the chances are lower and the days you get are lower. You still get 15 days from loyalty rewards but still.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Shini said:

Back in the day. Joker mystery box 1 had a higher chance in winning a legendary. At least from my experience. I had so many ducks. I remember buying 3 boxes and got 2 sitting ducks.

And when I didn't win a duck, I got 2nd tier rewards which was 30 days premium. And I got so many of those.

Nowadays you dont get much premium days from boxes, the chances are lower and the days you get are lower. You still get 15 days from loyalty rewards but still.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this because the original concept for Joker Mystery Boxes was that each individual box would only be sold for a limited period of time? I remember Revoemag talking about this way back on Dopefish's Q&A stream (May have misremembered this). Because boxes were intended to be time limited, the chance of winning the weapon was higher.

9 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

They make enough from armas sales, premium should be abolished.

Ummm... source?

Should be interesting more for new players ofc. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Ummm... source?

Logic.

Who would buy a game that doesn't earn money? 

9 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't this because the original concept for Joker Mystery Boxes was that each individual box would only be sold for a limited period of time? I remember Revoemag talking about this way back on Dopefish's Q&A stream (May have misremembered this). Because boxes were intended to be time limited, the chance of winning the weapon was higher.

Maybe it was by design I guess, obviously things have changed now though.

3 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Logic.

Who would buy a game that doesn't earn money? 

Oh, well people also buy things not based on current value, but on potential value. 

Plus the rumor was APB hadnt turned a profit it over two years. 

Which was probably why they had to let all their employees go.

honesty it would hurt those who pay for those extra things and create those new clothes and rides. The marketplace already takes a ton of your cash as is. I know you don't have much to work with as a free player but even a slight change could make big waves. I would consider actually buying premium now after all that's happened 

I think rising the clothing limits from 3 to 15 to 25 is TOO MUCH.

Clothing should be 6 or 7 maybe and cars like 10.

Symbol decal limit is ok imo

Customization is something that I'm okay with in games costing a premium. That way they don't have to resort to selling better guns and pay2win stuff to keep it going

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teardrops69 said:

On my beginning times playing APB i spend much money on buying Joker Boxes and now i have more than 3800 days of Premium... ^^

I think Customization should be more open to F2P players but I think having a Subscription model + ARMAS Market is also important for the company to make money.

Right now the way ARMAS works where you can outright buy weapons, clothes, cars, and more is prefect especially for players who don't want a monthly subscription.

It would be really cool if maybe for $15 a month though players get access to all ARMAS weapons, clothes, and cars because this allows players to try everything and soon when they have everything they want they normally won't want to stop paying a subscription to lose it all unless they then already bought each item separately. Elder Scrolls Online in a way does this with bag space as you can fill your bags with huge amounts of crafting supplies but as soon as stop paying for your subscription you no longer get that unlimited extra space which if you like investing time in that game it can become a big sacrifice to make.

8 hours ago, Shini said:

So much truth. Premium is way too much for this game considering what you get. Lower the price or give some better bonuses for it. Free loot boxes? idk