JayedSkier

Should Free Players have customization options expanded?

Should customization options be expanded for free players?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Expand customization for free players?

• Yes
    • No

I personally think that one of APB's main points of attraction is the ridiculous amount of customization you can do to your clothes, characters, and vehicles.  One issue I have with this is just how limited it is for players who don't buy premium, only being able to place 3 symbols on clothing and being limited to 25 layers in the symbol editor;  I actually think at one point free players were able to put at least 5 symbols on clothing but this was changed for some reason.

I understand that it is this way to encourage sales of Premium, and while I do think it is very worthwhile considering all the other benefits, I do think we shouldn't limit free players as much as we currently do.

I think it'd be nice to do these changes for free players;

• Increase the clothing symbol limit to 15 or 25
  • Increase the layer limit to 50
  • Increase the car symbol limit to 14 or 25
  • Increase the tattoo limit to 15 or 25

• Like 3

im pretty neutral about this tbh, id rather there just be more content available for f2p players

• Like 3

Thats a hard no from me. 

Games cost money, and that money has to come from somewhere. 

You either charge to play, charge for customization, or you charge for better equipment. 

Personally Id rather have limited customization and be able to play for free, while not being gimped in combat. 

But thats just me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 symbol limit on clothing items isn't even the worst part of it tbh

3 symbol limit on your characters bare skin is hilariously crippling

6 minutes ago, Nite said:

Crippling depression

I would like to see it expanded, but not at the expense of diminishing the relative benefits of premium. Maybe when there are enough resources, LO could give a global expansion to customization limits, and increase the limit even more for premium players.

I'm glad the music editor is completely unlocked, though. Maybe in the future, introduce new instrument samples that can be purchased/unlocked.

Edited by Shozonu
  • Like 1

More customization for free players is fine, LO will make up the difference if they add new clothing, cars, and guns to armas market and they can even convince more purchases of premium if they increase the premium benefits, who else wants 100 tattoos? :0

I'd rather see that monetization focuses on cosmetics, so if people want to customize their looks they would have to go premium.

Alternatively, commission another player for it.

• Like 3

i don't know honestly , premium seems a fair thing to do if it's only for cosmetics .

i'd rather see just  more stuff for f2p players , because now "fun" in APB reloaded is heavly tied with armas marketplace

3 hours ago, Nite said:

Also i can definetly agree with that .

I would like to see customization limit changed as a f2p player, but I don't agree increasing it that high. Premium gives money, in a lot of games customizations are heavily locked behind the paywall.

My suggestion would be:

Small cllothing (underwear, belts, jewelry, footwear, etc) layers from 3 to 4.
Big clothing (shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, etc) layers from 3 to 6.
Vehicle layers from 7 to 10.

Symbol layers from 25 to 35.
Tatoo layers from 3 to 6.

It is not over the top but enables just a little more freedom. This won't make it easy for f2p players to suddenly have fully customized characters, but it will give more freedom to experiment with customization options which in turn may give players more incentive to try the full customization freedom with premium.

• Like 2

I feel that the current limits are pretty restricted, however that gives incentive to premium membership. Overall i find it pretty reasonable. The game is already free to play, and most of the items that you need can be unlocked by playing, premium needs a good enough incentive and the customization is a huge draw, we should not change that.

• Like 1

Even if I would say yes, that's not how business works. They have to make Premium attractive since the most appealing feature is the customization it is just logical to monetize the living hell out of it. 

• Thanks 1

So why spend money, if you get juuuuuuuuuuuuust enough to do what you wanna do?

This, combined with other threads.... Geez... Do any of you know how a business works?

• Thanks 1

HARD NO...... 

Customization should always be behind pay wall... Im all up for everyone being equal on the battlefield... (or well shootouts).... 

But customization should ALWAYS be given to people who pay for it.

There are a LOT games making TONS of money just on cosmetics... Apbr should be like that...

Premium = customization 

• Thanks 1

Yes. They have way to little customization. Way more than 50% less. Imo make them have 50% of what premium has and it will be perfect. 

1 minute ago, xSagittiSx said:

Yes. They have way to little customization. Way more than 50% less. Imo make them have 50% of what premium has and it will be perfect. 

exactly. if you ask me you shouldn't stop at customization, it should be way less restricted across the board for new/casual/F2P players.

this game is old anyway. does it really make sense to lock old content behind a paywall when player population has been down more than 75% in the last 5 years?

anyone who votes no is just mad they spent money on it while it had a price tag anyway, most likely suffer from some superiority complex if other players got the same thing for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Verocious said:

exactly. if you ask me you shouldn't stop at customization, it should be way less restricted across the board for new/casual/F2P players.

this game is old anyway. does it really make sense to lock old content behind a paywall when player population has been down more than 75% in the last 5 years?

anyone who votes no is just mad they spent money on it while it had a price tag anyway, most likely suffer from some superiority complex if other players got the same thing for free.

Ok sir... Understand this... 

LO is not charity and they bought this to make money... 

How exactly do you expect lo make money? 

3 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Ok sir... Understand this... 

LO is not charity and they bought this to make money... 

How exactly do you expect lo make money? 

at what point did anyone say they were removing premium or the transactions at all?

stop being stupid and upset you spent money. being less restrictive with old content on a barely living game is a GOOD business decision.

Edited by Verocious

2 minutes ago, Verocious said:

A business is out to make money. First and foremost. Your enjoyment... Is completely secondary. If a company gives everything away, then how does it make money to pay the bills? This game, while Free2Play, is not free. Servers, staff, BattleEye, FairFight, Offices, Power, Water, Insurance, Licensing..... That all comes at a cost. A cost -WE- the players, pay. If they just give away everything, then how is the game making money?

Just now, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

A business is out to make money. First and foremost. Your enjoyment... Is completely secondary. If a company gives everything away, then how does it make money to pay the bills? This game, while Free2Play, is not free. Servers, staff, BattleEye, FairFight, Offices, Power, Water, Insurance, Licensing..... That all comes at a cost. A cost -WE- the players, pay. If they just give away everything, then how is the game making money?

again, at what point did anyone say that they would also remove the transactions and premium completely?

you guys are so butt hurt someone may get content that you had to pay for that you're so defensive you jump to the conclusion that EVERYONE GETS EVERYTHING FOR FREE NOW?!!

get real.

• Like 2

Just now, Verocious said:

at what point did anyone say they were removing premium or the transactions at all?

stop being stupid and upset you spent money. being less restrictive with old content and barely living game is a GOOD business decision.

Okay. The ONLY point of Premium, is the ability to do in depth customization. You have vets here with millions of cash in the bank, a ton of roles progressed to the max.

What would be the point of premium, if it didn't net you something premium?

Wanna look good, spend some money.

1 minute ago, Verocious said:

again, at what point did anyone say that they would also remove the transactions and premium completely?

you guys are so butt hurt someone may get content that you had to pay for that you're so defensive you jump to the conclusion that EVERYONE GETS EVERYTHING FOR FREE NOW?!!

get real.

So, if F2P players get full customization... What would be the point of premium?

Just now, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Okay. The ONLY point of Premium, is the ability to do in depth customization. You have vets here with millions of cash in the bank, a ton of roles progressed to the max.

What would be the point of premium, if it didn't net you something premium?

Wanna look good, spend some money.

I guarantee you my account has more money spent on G1C. with that being said, free to plays should be less restricted across the board.

just because some noob has a font pack or a pair of shorts you paid for doesn't mean G1 will sink, you're delusional. 

Just now, Verocious said:

get real.

I have no premium. And i feel that customisation is at the right place. I do feel compelled to buy premium after returning to the game on my new account. Thats how the game should work. I think you're being really rude dismissing other people by saying they are salty but you're a cheapo trying to get free things without supporting the game. The idea of APB staying afloat on cosmetic is friggin wonderful, stay off our weapons, less joke boxes, etc. Yet you are only concerned about yourself getting free slots smh

7 minutes ago, Verocious said:

stop being stupid and upset you spent money. being less restrictive with old content on a barely living game is a GOOD business decision.

No its not.

Most of the players buys premium JUST FOR THE EXTRA customization.  I have everything in this game and i buy premium only for the extra customization , they remove or reduce the limitations , then why would i/ anybody buy premium? A player me/ lot of us DOESNT need any extra money, because....account wide cars+guns.

I am not butthurt, i am simply against the idea of removing/reducing limitations in terms of customization and thats it... I am not someone who feels entitled n thinks that i deserve special treatment, but reducing / removing the limitations is a bad idea and should never be done, maybe increase the limit from 3 to 5....

Or maybe increase the limit from 3 to 20 or 25 once the player has spent over ....lets say..... 500$s?

This is a business , people should feel like they have to spent money on stuff so they get stuff, but there is a fine line between going absolute crap p2w and being a good F2P. 

A business should be considered as a business and ABSOLUTELY not as a charity !

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Thanks 1