Spudinskes

The All Mighty Blowtorch

24 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:

The topic was for what to do when the enemy does it. Do you think i should ask them nicely?

4 v4 final stage.

Enemy runs with truck. Good. Equip players with cr762 and ntec and remaining 2 alig.

One car following the pioneer. Cr762 leaning out.

One car vegas/fresno on side of the pioneer or truck. With ntec leaning out.

Things to remember:

-Safe distance between enemy car and ur vehicle (50m)

- take out alig guy on top of car, if its a osmaw guy the driver has to dodge the rocket. If the surfer is dead, focus on the truck. Make sure to be in close contact with pioneer or enemy will spawn in there. 

- the vegas/fresno from ur team shd ram the truck sideways making it impossible to move. The ntec guy shd shoot it in the mean time with his ntec.

Once its cornered or slowed down.. the alig guy gets down and pow pow pow it. The alig guy shd be protected by ntec. Join in if u have taken care of the other guy. 

Edited by Defibrillator

Everything has its situation where it shines like hell 🙂

EVERYTHING..... 

This same blowtorch is absolutely USELESS if you are in a hold the spray point or location mission....

Different stuff are made for different situations, also multiple aligs+go hit the truck with your own espacio pioneer , vegas or dolton... 🙂 

Or you know, get a dumpster [from the known spawn locations]

Edited by Thelnformer

7 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Everything has its situation where it shines like hell 🙂

EVERYTHING..... 

This same blowtorch is absolutely USELESS if you are in a hold the spray point or location mission....

Different stuff are made for different situations, also multiple aligs+go hit the truck with your own espacio pioneer , vegas or dolton... 🙂 

Or you know, get a dumpster [from the known spawn locations]

blowtorch is pretty great for repairing carspawners and radar towers

also great for hiding behind your car until an alig has to reload lol

The Fast and the Incarcerated should just be removed as a mission.

3 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

The blowtorch is a very powerful tool that is capable of healing a vehicle more than 3x faster than a gas station can, while also bypassing the pause that occurs when the vehicle is damaged. I myself love being able to endlessly repair torch my steel plating 3 and fast-fix chassis 3 pioneer from a player osmawing over and over.

There are also times when I use it where I think it is a little too powerful. The other night I was in a 4v4 mission where the last objective was to hold an amoured truck. We had me in the passenger seat of the truck, and my other two teammates in a pioneer with steel plating 3 and fast-fix chassis 3. The other team had one player car surfing with an osmaw and another car surfing with an alig. Every time the enemy time got close to us while the rocket was reaching the truck, me and the pioneer passenger were able to quickly kill off the alig and then I would be able to blowtorch the truck before the second rocket was reloaded and reached the truck, after which the osmaw player would die.

There was also another instance where instead of the enemy team having an alig they had double osmaw. This time we had to change our strat a little bit, since two rockets followed by some pistol shots was able to take down the truck almost instantly. The car surfing osmaws were always able to launch their osmaws before one of them got killed, but our pioneer driver would cleverly drive behind the truck and intercept either one rocket or both and die. Unfortunately for the enemy team I was always able to finish off the second osmaw. We would basically continue this cycle until we won without even being required to make a momentary pit stop at a gas station..

Another instance it was just one osmaw and then a person the passenger seat with a regular gun. Either me or the passenger of the pioneer would easily kill the osmaw, leaving the enemy passenger unable to to kill the truck due to low firepower.

This got me thinking, if I were on the opposite end this mission would be nearly impossible.

1. Target the truck first with double osmaw: enemy pioneer would block one or both rockets, meanwhile both carsurfers are extremely exposed and die quickly to obeyas
  2. Target the enemy truck with one osmaw and alig: same case as one
  3. Target the enemy truck with double alig: same case as one
  4. Target enemy pioneer first with an osmaw and alig: same case as one
  5. Target enemy pioneer first with double alig: same case as one
  6. Target enemy pioneer first with double osmaw: same case as one
  7. Any combination of an osmaw with a regular gun: osmaw doesn't deal enough damage to destroy either pioneer or truck, and would get killed first leaving just the regular gun left which won't be able to deal enough damage to the vehicles or be able to win against two other passengers shooting at him.
  8. Don't have an osmaw on your team? /quit
  9. Your team is below R195 and can't use carsurfer? /quit

Due to the blow torch, after any of the 7 possibilities me and the pioneer would be able to blowtorch our vehicles and never require that we make a stop at a gas station. That allows us to travel nearly 300 meters before the enemy team even respawns, then they have to reach us. Maybe I'm not thinking out of the box enough, how would you take down a group of 4 with a setup like this? So far from my experience it's a very powerful setup.

idk how a hand held blow torch is supposed to be faster than repairing at a gas station. If you try to explain it, the gas station would have tools and all that, but a player would just have a single blowtorch.

Blow Torch Vs. Mechanic tools and imaginary gas station crew

gas station mechanics should win

The blow torch should be nerfed to be 3/4s of the gas station's speed, or half of the gas station's. Both nerfs including the pause after receiving damage to the vehicle

There's so much wrong with what's being described in the original post.
- Blowtorch shouldn't be able to lean out of windows.
- Heavy weapon users shouldn't be able to car surf.

- The hold the truck mission shouldn't be in the game.

3 hours ago, Spherii said:

Hold the truck is a very old mission and when G1 implemented these new modifications they obviously did not think once about how it would impact the game.

It's actually the only new mission they've added to the game. There were a few others like 'Divide and Conquer', but I think hold the truck was the only one they kept.

1 hour ago, confront said:

who hurt you

Asking the wrong guy. Out of curiousity, did you read the post? Or assume that I was in distress and complaining that I won so many of these missions?

Edited by Spudinskes

2 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

Asking the wrong guy. Out of curiousity, did you read the post? Or assume that I was in distress and complaining that I won so many of these missions?

yes, and I've never thought of a blowtorch having so much power...

Yeah, I don't think that they really care about balance too much. Most people just want wacky items added and don't really care what it does to the game-play.

Dog Ear stack

Conc gamers

Have one guy trail (that way you can't just spin around and drive away without being punished) and one flank from another angle in a pioneer/espacio to stop you, hop out and ALIG/DMR it down.

Kill guy healing the car (or disable him at the least) before shooting your OSMAW/ALIG, at that point repairing the vehicle is out of the question and they'll either have to bail or die.

Volcano on the frontward, DMR/Dog Ear/ALIG on the flanks to finish the job up if that doesn't work

Ram the security van with a pioneer/espacio to knock it off course and then car det your vehicle to disable it (can also use a satchel directly afterward)

Set your car up with a satchel on the course of the van, wait and then blow up both, should disable or blow the truck up pretty much instantly

You can also do variations of the above, of course. I'm sure there are ways to counter this gameplay and even more ways to disable the vehicle that I've not listed, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Edited by Similarities

Blowtorch repair rate should be nerfed but it's not a game changing mod so that's probably why it hasn't bothered even the most anal of players under the most ridiculous circumstances.

Also all the people who complain about runners ether need to get good or stop lying, 90% of the time you could run it's with a hold item that you could more easily walk to a broken camp location.

One person with map knowledge can move the item to a broken location that allows a disorganized team to defend it, Compare that to running which inherently leaves your dead teammates behind and it becomes clear which tactic is more "dishonorable".  Not to mention the massive engine power debuff on holditem/vip in vehicles which already gives runners a headache unless they are organized.

The only thing broken about running right now is that no vehicles compete with the Vegas 2x4/4x4 and Faction heavy vehicles, The Fresno is honestly the only vehicle that competes with those two.

Ether buff various other vehicles to various degrees or nerf the Vegas and the faction heavy vehicles to be inline with the rest the vehicles in the game, Or he's an idea add a cooldown to respawning vehicles with the Vegas 2x4/4x4 and Faction heavy vehicles having the longest cooldowns.  Also nerfing Mobile Spawn Point was a mistake because it made it equality easier to chase and run while at the same time making it harder to camp.

Edited by Someone

I once asked Reverse to go easy on me. 

... he then killed me with a blowtorch.

Plz nerf

4 hours ago, Similarities said:

Dog Ear stack

Conc gamers

Have one guy trail (that way you can't just spin around and drive away without being punished) and one flank from another angle in a pioneer/espacio to stop you, hop out and ALIG/DMR it down.

Kill guy healing the car (or disable him at the least) before shooting your OSMAW/ALIG, at that point repairing the vehicle is out of the question and they'll either have to bail or die.

Volcano on the frontward, DMR/Dog Ear/ALIG on the flanks to finish the job up if that doesn't work

Ram the security van with a pioneer/espacio to knock it off course and then car det your vehicle to disable it (can also use a satchel directly afterward)

Set your car up with a satchel on the course of the van, wait and then blow up both, should disable or blow the truck up pretty much instantly

You can also do variations of the above, of course. I'm sure there are ways to counter this gameplay and even more ways to disable the vehicle that I've not listed, but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

According to the APB DB V2 the volcano shoots two 1200 damage rockets in quick succession. That seems extremely more powerful than the regular osmaw, and could actually be very effective in this mission. Unfortunately it's millions of dollars to get, argh. Ear wig is a suggestion that was said earlier and I think that's the second to double volcano, but that requires you to play fight club every week to obtain it through joker store. This is assuming there aren't other weapons from the store that you'd want.

As for the trailing strat I think if its just one vehicle trailing and the other setting up ahead Im sure the enemy could turn around and destroy the trailing vehicle easily, especially if they have double ear wig.

I wish I could get more satchel charges but even after about a hundred hours on my new character ive only gotten 9 satchel charges. So relying on having a satchel is pretty tough when there are many other situations where you'd want to use it. If consumables were changed to be permanent and become abilities with cooldowns that would be good.

Overall good ideas, I just wish it was easier to obtain the items needed to execute them.

Edited by Spudinskes