jmiIos

Horrendous support and GMs

Yesterday about 5-7 hackers joined fc in the span of 8 hours + 1 teamkiller that teamkills everyone that he thinks is cheating and not one thing is done about it.

A while ago I reported some players with blatant hacks and after they said they will review it, videos stayed on 0 views :DDDDD.

DMs for videos

@MattScottYou are not even doing anything about the things you can do right now to make apb at least somewhat better, which is as simple as hiring better GMs and support team. Because the current ones are dogshit. And I don't understand this thing with GMs being so busy that they can't log in just for few minutes to ban the teamkiller or blatant hacker :DDDDD why do u apply to become a GM in the first place if "YoU ArE So BuSy".

As an old APB player you know the choice to ban players based on human perception will never happen as it's always about detection.

It's exactly what you are saying, think about it.

Those team killers that were constantly killing you "think" you cheat.

So is perception the answer?

Spoiling the fun for others is an issue and anyone that does so needs to look in the mirror and question their values.

If you cheat and you read this post, please stop cheating and be a better player instead.

You choose to be who you are, online and in real life there is no difference because the one thing that always matters is what you think of yourself.

These words are intended to inspire change especially those who have lost their way to cheating.

7 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

As an old APB player you know the choice to ban players based on human perception will never happen as it's always about detection.

It's exactly what you are saying, think about it.

Those team killers that were constantly killing you "think" you cheat.

So is perception the answer?

Spoiling the fun for others is an issue and anyone that does so needs to look in the mirror and question their values.

If you cheat and you read this post, please stop cheating and be a better player instead.

You choose to be who you are, online and in real life there is no difference because the one thing that always matters is what you think of yourself.

These words are intended to inspire change especially those who have lost their way to cheating.

There is a difference between suspecting someone of cheating and being straight up blatant aimbots and tbots. If I just thought these people are cheating I wouldn't have made the thread in the first place. Literally almost everyone on EU knows they are cheating at this point. Some of them are RK members on bought accounts, one of them is streaming with mouse cam while cheating and the other ones were cheating for so long that it's just pathethic at this point.  And the guy that tks whoever he thinks cheats is just a "redditor" to say the least.

LO won't ban cheaters even if they livestream with boxes showing players through walls.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2018 at 6:28 PM, MattScott said:

“6) What is not considered evidence of cheating?

This is the next tricky area.

I am often sent videos, screenshots, or other forms of evidence that players feel "undeniably" shows that another player was cheating. And while I sympathize, please know that we cannot blindly accept this as a reason to ban someone.

We *must* take the effort to monitor and collect evidence to properly prove they were cheating.”

Better off not playing APB at this point. 

Edited by Deadliest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea listen why don't you apply to become a GM perhaps you can chase cheaters down for Little Orbit while giving up part of your life for the community who is super negative to you good luck 👍 😊 ✨️. 

• Like 3

Like I said, there are some veterans uploading videos to youtube while aimbotting, blacking out his own name so you can't record that as proof. There's one guy shawcoptering everyone in Citadel and nobody does anything to stop it...

1 hour ago, Nabiki said:

Yea listen why don't you apply to become a GM perhaps you can chase cheaters down for Little Orbit while giving up part of your life for the community who is super negative to you good luck 👍😊✨️. 

gm's can't ban players

1 hour ago, MonkaS said:

gm's can't ban players

Well snap I guess the OP will never realize his dreams.

• Like 1

Why they couldn't just adjust FF down a little, instead of now, its bring Mega Tons of proof or alleged proof.

I'll tell ya why, cuz they for some stupid business running reason, feel that banning one hacker and loosing the hack off the pop count, 

is worse to the staff than 10 legit player leaving the game because of lack of anti hack support.

n unless the player that leave are golds, they just dont care.

The staff have about the same respect for legits as golds do, n only cater to Golds, thats why they got in bronze, 

cuz they asked for it, n the staff only listened to the golds crying, not the legits begging them not to, 

and Matt has never even mentioned the desegregation. 

Hell keep your golds n cheats, i don't even care anymore, So I got robbed out of 3,000 dollars

worth of armas cuz golds make all the weapons useless, the bullets dont penetrate god mode.

Ah big deal, the money was gone the minute i spent it, like going to a movie, or amusement park.

Ya know its not a Game anymore, its just a place to rest n chill from my other game, the only fun I get is lousing it up for golds.

Play a little music, take some jumps, sit in the back n watch the sweatys cry n hacusate each other.

Ya know I mean fux it, ya all deserve each other. "Just Leave Them To It" 

17 hours ago, MonkaS said:

gm's can't ban players

yes they can lmao, idk why u keep repeating that. There are even clips of some RK members getting kicked and banned by GM, the message literally says "kicked by a GM" and he never played on that account again, so it's defo not just a timeout. Also what would be the point of GMs on tourneys if they can't do anything about trolls. And I highly doubt they just time them out for a few hours since those names are never seen again.

Merged.

19 hours ago, Nabiki said:

Yea listen why don't you apply to become a GM perhaps you can chase cheaters down for Little Orbit while giving up part of your life for the community who is super negative to you good luck 👍😊✨️. 

I would if they accepted applications, rk would never be a thing again :DDD and idk why are u exaggerating on how much it would take to catch those blatant hackers. It would be even easier if GM had a public discord, and don't even try to exaggerate that they would get OvErFlowN by messages because apb playerbase is nowhere near as big for that to happen.

Edited by jmiIos

35 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

It would be even easier if GM had a public discord

You can usually find a GM online in the LO discord.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jmiIos said:

yes they can lmao, idk why u keep repeating that. There are even clips of some RK members getting kicked and banned by GM, the message literally says "kicked by a GM" and he never played on that account again, so it's defo not just a timeout. Also what would be the point of GMs on tourneys if they can't do anything about trolls. And I highly doubt they just time them out for a few hours since those names are never seen again.

That depends, if it's an actual GM such as Mattscott or game dev, they would have the power to do so. If it's a "player gm" who went through the open application process ages ago (i don't even know if that is still around or not) they I believe don't have that kind of power to ban, maybe kick, but not ban.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 8/22/2022 at 9:26 PM, jmiIos said:

Yesterday about 5-7 hackers joined fc in the span of 8 hours + 1 teamkiller that teamkills everyone that he thinks is cheating and not one thing is done about it.

A while ago I reported some players with blatant hacks and after they said they will review it, videos stayed on 0 views :DDDDD.

DMs for videos

@MattScottYou are not even doing anything about the things you can do right now to make apb at least somewhat better, which is as simple as hiring better GMs and support team. Because the current ones are dogshit. And I don't understand this thing with GMs being so busy that they can't log in just for few minutes to ban the teamkiller or blatant hacker :DDDDD why do u apply to become a GM in the first place if "YoU ArE So BuSy".

Support is not going to check one guy who is potential cheating if only 1 person is saying they are cheating. in apb there is a known group that is focusing on hackusating everyone and there is an known group busy with protecting everyone. the question is who has the most power in the game. think about how skillfull you can get or a person can be. Having proof doesn't mean they cheat. thats what everyone says.

12 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

That depends, if it's an actual GM such as Mattscott or game dev, they would have the power to do so. If it's a "player gm" who went through the open application process ages ago (i don't even know if that is still around or not) they I believe don't have that kind of power to ban, maybe kick, but not ban.

yep kick, freeze, and mute but not ban.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 12:50 AM, ElectroStingz said:

Wrong.
BE has never detected anything.

3 hours ago, Cuve said:

Wrong.
BE has never detected anything.

It thinks Rigol's oscilloscopes driver is a cheat, and occasionally blocks firefox when opening Armas.

3 hours ago, ElectroStingz said:

What does BE do?

Literally f*ckall.
There have been people literally showing themselves cheating on stream and nothing happens (that's not me hackusating but it's an actual thing).
Heck even when you send support all the evidence needed, nothing gets done.

Battle Eye is just pathetic and useless, hence why they want to go back to Easy Anti Cheat (which they should have never gotten rid of to begin with), still not perfect but a LOT better than Battle Eye.

11 hours ago, Cuve said:

Literally f*ckall.
There have been people literally showing themselves cheating on stream and nothing happens (that's not me hackusating but it's an actual thing).
Heck even when you send support all the evidence needed, nothing gets done.

Battle Eye is just pathetic and useless, hence why they want to go back to Easy Anti Cheat (which they should have never gotten rid of to begin with), still not perfect but a LOT better than Battle Eye.

I see what are you saying and detection rate of said BE and parameters is another topic. The point I was making and which you quoted is about human involvement and how the detection comes about.

Devs want software to detect.

Humans can visually see cheaters depending on their actions.

Common sense approach, why not ban if it is plain obvious.

The complaint is whilst we wait for something to be done cheating continues and some of it can be elminated with the presence of someone that just has to watch and see for themselves.

Who is the person to make that decision, who is "qualified" (employee or GM?) to judge gameplay and deem it to be in violation of ToS.

And now comes your bigger issues of legal implications which cannot be ignored and that is the biggest issue the devs face, they cannot afford to get it wrong.

Third party Anti-cheat, detection and liability slightly more their side.

Overal what is better?

Banned for cheating with proof and genuine software detection

Banned on suspicion of cheating, video evidence without software detection.

That's my take on it, devs can explain their implications and reasons with more detail but it always comes down to ToS and legal matters.

Update that, "if we suspect you are cheating, you will be banned"

I'm not overlooking player satisfaction and complete disappointment in how cheating has been handled over the years, I know its a massive let down to see a game you enjoy runined by people that just don't understand how their actions are a detriment to the game, other players and even themselves. We need more action to eliminate cheating and negativity within the game and I would welcome a more proactive approach.

Edited by ElectroStingz

13 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

legal implications

what legal implications

24 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Humans can visually see cheaters depending on their actions.

Really depends on who you're asking.

26 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Common sense approach, why not ban if it is plain obvious.

You should ask LO about that, providing evidence which clearly shows someone opening and actively using a cheat is apparently not enough to get someone banned in APB:Reloaded.

28 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Who is the person to make that decision, who is "qualified" (employee or GM?) to judge gameplay and deem it to be in violation of ToS.

It's already been showing that Little Orbit really doesn't give a rats patootie about their own Terms of Service. Everything they do seems to be opinion based.

29 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

Overal what is better?

Banned for cheating with proof and genuine software detection

Banned on suspicion of cheating, video evidence without software detection.

As Battle Eye does f*ckall we'll (currently) have to solely rely on "suspicion" which isn't reliable at all.. Which brings you back to "Really depends on who you're asking".
But once again, providing video evidence doesn't matter to Little Orbit support employees apparently.

Banning with proof and genuine software detection would be great but will never be executed properly, they'll always find a work around but BE makes it mad easy to do so, especially when it's not even turned on in this god forsaken game 🙃

33 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

"if we suspect you are cheating, you will be banned"

Maybe if they actually cared, which they don't.

33 minutes ago, ElectroStingz said:

I know its a massive let down to see a game you enjoy runined by people that just don't understand how their actions are a detriment to the game, other players and even themselves. 

It's not the player that cheats that ruins the game but the devs that are not willing to do anything about it. With the announcement of the re-instatement of Easy Anti Cheat they finally have shown that they are willing to do something about an issue that has been putting the final few nails in to APB:Reloaded's coffin in the previous 2 years.

• Like 1

You have answered your own questions and see exactly what the issues are around  human detection "depends who you are asking". As to who ruins the game, i'm going to disagree on that, it is the player / players cheating that ruin the game. Their actons cause the developers hassle into trying to resolve an issue which is down to human behaviour.

Who is in control of human behaviour? No one, its you, your free independant thought process. you choose how you play, what you say, how you write, the style and emotions you promote / directly or indirectly as you play. Devs being lazy or not knowing how to resolve cheating doesn't help but they are the response to cheating and not the cause of ruining the game. Players cheating ruin the game and devs reacting too slow or inappropriately lets us down.

Edited by ElectroStingz

On 8/27/2022 at 4:02 AM, ElectroStingz said:

As to who ruins the game, i'm going to disagree on that, it is the player / players cheating that ruin the game. Their actons cause the developers hassle into trying to resolve an issue which is down to human behaviour.

So where does it start? Doesn't it start at LO having a proper Anti Cheat in place? If that were the case, there would be close to no "cheaters" thus whose ruining the game? Little Orbit is by still using a heavily flawed easily bypassed "Anti Cheat". Don't blame dumb people that are bad at the game for using some software to give them an edge when LO are clearly allowing it to happen 🙂