Sign in to follow this  
TheTankBal

So What Was Said In The Q&A??

i was out at a very nice telescope store so i wasnt here to watch the live stream, can someone give a run down on what was said?

Rapid 99's rushed live transcript of it:

MrChan's abridged version:

It is worth watching the whole thing. Matt seems very clued in.

2 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

We can wait our comunity manager past it to text so people who missed it can read it.

alright i'll wait

So in time we will get : battleye, engine update, masive unbans, better prestige 5 system, better armas prices, less gambling in JMB, reffer friends with balanced rewards, will try to make server swap, trading system so ppl. wont get scam and will make small rebalance on some weapons.

ohh they will try to do something about dethreat 

Edited by MartisLTU
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Rapid 99's rushed live transcript of it:

MrChan's abridged version:

It is worth watching the whole thing. Matt seems very clued in.

Wow. You don't include my ultimate TL;DR version? I see how it is. (Ignore the fact I made my post after yours.)

I just finished watching it. Here are my take-away notes (Can't guarantee they're direct quotes. So take it all with a grain of salt)

Reveal hidden contents

Anti-cheat will be upgraded to Battle-Eye + Fairfight.

Matt says "I can unequivocally say there were false bans" - "We are going to unban 'the majority' of the playerbase." - "won't happen immediately"

When Battle-Eye comes out, they'll unban most people. Bans WON'T be broadcasted anymore. "Bans are a failure"

APB will be upgraded to UE 3.5, as G1 planned. In parallel, they'll be working on taking APB to UE 4

"It is near impossible to bring new content to the game as it is" (Working on UE 3.5)

"There are long-standing mechanical issues in the game"

"Do a new weapon or two, a new outfit or two - beyond that, new map, new mode" (Adding content)

"There are so many pieces, new pieces, sitting at the 90% mark. Literally waiting to be finished!" (Content, I assume)

"I don't think APB is P2W" - "You could give the worst weapon to the best player, and the best weapon to the worst player, and the best player will win every time. - It is a game of skill. The weapon doesn't make that big of a difference." (Stupid example  imo.)

"We do need to go through and update the cost of Armas" - "Some of the  pricing is a little obscene"

"We have hired one of the designers back from the game" (Doesn't specify if RTW or G1. Implies G1 staff is gone.)

"You're gonna see us around (in game) - Having GM's in the game being present, talking to people shouldn't be a big scary thing. We should be present."

"Nudity is great, nudity is amazing! - There's no place for it in our game." - "With GM's in game, nudity should be a problem that solves itself"

"We're hoping to get coverage on all servers, all the time" (On GM's)

on threat: "At a minimum, it has to be altered. At a maximum, it has to be scrapped."

"Shame on us for leaving an exploit in for so long - I mean it has a name!" (On dethreating. Also, obviously they aren't to blame for it, the "shame on us part" was Matt giving an example)

On dev stream or blog: "I love this idea, absolutely!" - "It's a great way to show progress to the community" (They should take tips from Digital Extremes, the devs of Warframe. Say what you want about the game, those devs are the best communication I've ever)

On login screen: "I don't think we need a loading screen for a loading screen" (He likes the old login screen, and wants it back. But has to check rights.)

Console optimization is something they're going to work on.

Dodges (?) A question about extending friends/ignore. But does dislike the idea of paying for them.

Prestige/Notoriety 5 and griefing "needs to be fixed" - "Needs some tweaking, or redesigns" - "It's something we need to look at"

"The fact that you CAN scam a player, is a problem"

JMBs won't be tradeable in the future? P2W?

Shaders are "a slippery slope", goes on to say that it should be an in-game function. (Crosshair customization, lower low-quality, colorblind mode)

Don't use Advanced launcher until they confirm Battle-Eye is ok with it. They may also implement the advanced launcher's features in-game.

Weapon balance "could be tweaked *a little bit*", talks about removing just 1 bullet from a mag (if that gives any indication of how little "a little bit" is.)

There's some interest in making APB "Competitive", but Matt didn't/couldn't discuss it at this time.

28 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

So in time we will get : battleye, engine update, masive unbans, better prestige 5 system, better armas prices, less gambling in JMB, reffer friends with balanced rewards, will try to make server swap, trading system so ppl. wont get scam and will make small rebalance on some weapons.

ohh they will try to do something about dethreat 

you forgot feminine features. no more feminine features 😁

8cb1ea8cc1.png

loooooooooool

custom shaders still disallowed

advanced launcher no longer safe 4 use

garbage

all garbage

On 5/25/2018 at 11:06 PM, -oneTime- said:

8cb1ea8cc1.png

loooooooooool

garbage

all garbage

I dont care about custom shadres or advanced launcher, and they should be blocked without doubt imo. But unbanning cheaters thats a huge mistake and i am not playing apb (good news for some lol).

Its time to move once for all.

Edited by Ken2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -oneTime- said:

8cb1ea8cc1.png

loooooooooool

garbage

all garbage

to be fair he also said they were going to make sure that the launcher wont trigger any false positives with battleye and that they also wanted to add a lot of advanced launcher functions into the game itself

13 minutes ago, Ken2 said:

I dont care about custom shadres or advanced launcher, and they should be blocked without doubt imo. But unbanning cheaters thats a huge mistake and i am not playing apb (good news for some lol).

Its time to move once for all.

thank god

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this