Sign in to follow this  
Todesklinge

Kevlar 3 is useless

Have played today on Bayland Shipping and the most results in about 3 hours of gameplay are the same.

I die to much, i CAN NOT kill the enemy (not Kevlar users, i am the only one in the match of about 40 players).

Most of my aiming shots are missing the enemy most of the time, so i am thinking the Kevlar 3 have a negative effect on aiming accuracy to all weapons in the game.

So i am asking me, if Kevlar 3 gives me a +30% Health Bonus, why i die all the time earlier?
The logic behind, if you are wearing an armor that gives you (not) protection, why wearing the armor?
Is this a bug?

Where there are no more game balancing updates, thats are just simple edit of numbers.

It is very frustrating if i can not make any kill to make progress in the challanges, of missing game balancing.

20220819231323-1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Todesklinge said:

Have played today on Bayland Shipping and the most results in about 3 hours of gameplay are the same.

I die to much, i CAN NOT kill the enemy (not Kevlar users, i am the only one in the match of about 40 players).

Most of my aiming shots are missing the enemy most of the time, so i am thinking the Kevlar 3 have a negative effect on aiming accuracy to all weapons in the game.

So i am asking me, if Kevlar 3 gives me a +30% Health Bonus, why i die all the time earlier?
The logic behind, if you are wearing an armor that gives you (not) protection, why wearing the armor?
Is this a bug?

Where there are no more game balancing updates, thats are just simple edit of numbers.

It is very frustrating if i can not make any kill to make progress in the challanges, of missing game balancing.

20220819231323-1.jpg

you die because you move at snail speed

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

Most of my aiming shots are missing the enemy most of the time

you solved the problem all by yourself

if you get good then kevlar wont be useless 

• Like 1

Have you posted this thread before (months ago. Not the accidental duplicate today) or are all your posts so similar that it just seems that way?

Merged.

13 hours ago, MonkaS said:

you die because you move at snail speed

Joined Jul 2012 and he still doesn't understand that movement is the most important thing in an APB firefight.

I have to agree here, Kevlar is more of a Delay of Death, useful in certain scenarios.

For instance, if I'm doing the radar jamming job, I roll right up on the enemy, step out n hit my button.

Oh the gold still gonna whack me, but i get an extra few nano seconds of life, just long enough to hit that button.

Otherwise Kevlar makes ya run slow n you are then exposed longer, the enemy has an ez time leading his site on you cuz your running slow.

Everything in this game is useful if you know how to use it. Sure, some things in the game needs buff, but Kevlar is not one of them, good lord...

52 minutes ago, Todesklinge said:

From 30% to 50% is needed.

no.

15 hours ago, MrChan said:

Have you posted this thread before (months ago. Not the accidental duplicate today) or are all your posts so similar that it just seems that way?

So far, Todesklinge's track record with threads regarding Kevlar and game balance (ignoring this very thread) includes, as listed on his forum profile:

• a demand for Clotting Agent and a few other things to be removed because he can't combat them, in September 2021.
  • a miscategorized thread which calls Kevlar's underperformance a "bug", in January 2021.
  • a complaint about Clotting Agent beating him, a Kevlar user, which somehow proves that Clotting Agent needs to be nerfed, in October 2020.
  • a claim that using meta weapons is actually cheating, in August 2020.
  • a whole slew of weird demands for gameplay changes that essentially boil down to "Kevlar should make me a bullet sponge", in July 2020.
  • an empty complaint with no proposed fixes regarding the shape of the meta, in December 2019.
  • a proposal that Kevlar go as far as increasing player health by 45%, along with a whole bunch of other wild math misadventures, in October 2019.
  • a suggestion of making Kevlar the only way to survive an N-HVR shot, in October 2019.
  • a "bug report" of Kevlar 3 making players slower at retreating into cover in fights against snipers, in August 2019.
  • a call for Kevlar to become singular instead of existing in 3 variants, and to have it increase player health by 60%, in September 2019.
  • a generic complaint about being too slow because of Kevlar, in August 2018.

If you feel like you've seen this thread before, it's because this is almost the only thing this user posts about.

Credit where it's due, Todesklinge is the most persistent member of the community, even if for the worst possible reasons. Continuing to use a character mod that has – over the course of over 5 years – proved itself to drag you down in most fights is a feat that I quite literally don't know how to describe.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Kevlar 3 combined with medspray is useful with low mobility weapons, such as LMG's or RPG's. There's no other use for it.

Do you really need Kevlar 3?

The shine on that patootie is like a flashbang, nobody will be able to hit u anyway

Don't think it's the Kevler. I think it's you that you die all the time.🤷🏻‍♂️

On 8/19/2022 at 5:32 PM, Todesklinge said:

Bayland Shipping

That is a problem. Kevlar level 3 makes it harder to survive on that map. 

The spawns are extremely broken, even more broken on that map. 

APB has more grenade spam than every military shooter that has ever existed, sacrificing mobility gets you unavoidably splash damaged before gunfights especially on the map with broken and predictable spawns. 

Kevlar 3 is very situational. Best for sniping and LMG car surfing. It's handicap for these janky  firefights. 

• Like 1

I didn't even read your post but I am just going to assume you are wrong on whatever you are saying.

• Like 3

ur definitely committed to any position u find urself in, for sure 

you could kill someone if you were playing with two hands instead of one. now put on some pants and git gud

• Like 1

Problem is Hitreg of Copacabana Bar Server.
Kv3 or Kv9 will never give enough life if the oppo can shot where it wish, and you canT ,cause lag+hitreg+oppocheatgold99%.
Social is much better. No weapon, no hitreg issues, no goldixity.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2022 at 10:32 PM, Todesklinge said:

This doesn't make you invincible, plus kev 3 gives you a much decreased movement speed making you an easier target.

Sign in to follow this