mojical

Balance changes beyond weapons (grenades/deployables)

We should just remove all nades and guns and fight with inflatable toys... 

Granted... Perc+pig is bad and annoying... 1hit stun nades too... Conc doing 990dmg too.... 

Percs n low yields are fine... (i still use normal frags, if some1 cares) 

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

And here I am maining concs. 

/shrug

YAAY... im not the only one xD

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

So with all that said you want to remove opgl too, right? If you complain about low yields, i cant imagine how much trouble you have with opgl.

the grenade launcher cant be spammed like low yields

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the grenade launcher cant be spammed like low yields

They can be spammed even better, and they are 4 with a few more magazines to reload lol. You dont even need that much of ammo boxes or resuply.

"B-but you lose your primary...", no, we already have secondarys acting as primary weapons.

Nerf opgl incoming?

Edited by Excalibur!

1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

They can be spammed even better, and they are 4 with a few more magazines to reload lol. You dont even need that much of ammo boxes or resuply.

"B-but you lose your primary...", no, we already have secondarys acting as primary weapons.

Nerf opgl incoming?

• opgl cant be cooked
  • it replaces primary weapon 
  • 5s fuse time
  • 1.75s rof
  • shows up on scoreboard
  • shows up on character

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
  • opgl cant be cooked
  • it replaces primary weapon 
  • 5s fuse time
  • 1.75s rof
  • shows up on scoreboard
  • shows up on character

hard... facts

1 hour ago, iTzHaze said:

YAAY... im not the only one xD

It's pretty much required because of the ever-present need to blow up mobile spawners. I dare say nothing feels as good as dunking people with a perfect concussion grenade from downtown.

1 hour ago, Shozonu said:

I dare say nothing feels as good as dunking people with a perfect concussion grenade from downtown.

Amen brother... a-freakin-men.

1 hour ago, Shozonu said:

It's pretty much required because of the ever-present need to blow up mobile spawners. I dare say nothing feels as good as dunking people with a perfect concussion grenade from downtown.

gotta use stun grenades for that sweet one tap explosion now

i hate ltl

6 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

So with all that said you want to remove opgl too, right? If you complain about low yields, i cant imagine how much trouble you have with opgl.

Looks like you didn't read my first line. I said the most annoying thing about low yields is they have a low fuse timer which is easy to crutch on when you're being pushed. Can't do that on a OPGL. Having 3 low yields is annoying but not the biggest problem in my opinion.

I honestly don't really mind the OPGL since it's limiting, you have to swap out a main weapon. Low yields can be paired with pretty potent main weapons.

Edited by Shini

8 minutes ago, Shini said:

Looks like you didn't read my first line. I said the most annoying thing about low yields is they have a low fuse timer which is easy to crutch on when you're being pushed. Can't do that on a OPGL. Having 3 low yields is annoying but not the biggest problem in my opinion.

I honestly don't really mind the OPGL since it's limiting, you have to swap out a main weapon. Low yields can be paired with pretty potent main weapons.

I dont disagree but based on your logic on fuse timer, wouldn't that make percs deadlier? I feel that yolo can be nerfed slightly, but percs needs a complete rework. It needs a delay before you can throw it.

6 minutes ago, MagicPancake said:

I dont disagree but based on your logic on fuse timer, wouldn't that make percs deadlier? I feel that yolo can be nerfed slightly, but percs needs a complete rework. It needs a delay before you can throw it.

Percs are free damage for CQC at most, but so limited. You can't throw them very far and when you do throw it far you can easily move out of the way that their damage is nullified. Their utility is also terrible, destroying cars with them isn't really easy. The great things about normal nades as opposed to percs is they're an excellent initiator for flanks and destroying spawn cars.

Back in the day I was hoping for percs to have that delay you speak of, like a longer arm throw animation that is easy for you to see since it's easily telegraphed, but at this point I really don't care since most people I play against don't use them for the reasons I mentioned above.

Edited by Shini

7 minutes ago, Shini said:

Percs are free damage for CQC at most, but so limited. You can't throw them very far and when you do throw it far you can easily move out of the way that their damage is nullified. Their utility is also terrible, destroying cars with them isn't really easy.

Back in the day I was hoping for percs to have that delay you speak of, like a longer arm throw animation that is easy for you to see since it's easily telegraphed, but at this point I really don't care since most people I play against don't use them for the reasons I mentioned above.

I think its the applicability of the percs in cqc that makes them really annoying over yolo, if I fought and lost to someone yolo nading me, I can think of other ways of how to approach that fight, adapt and maybe improve, like everything else in APB the decision making process is a huge part of the game. But percs..... theres just no way, I felt like Ive been robbed of countless fights because of percs. Good point on its limited utility, I feel that nading cars and stuff are really not worth it unless you carry a conc since most players run pioneer or vegas in matchups that has actual competition, where the nade usage are more important..

Edited by MagicPancake

Imo the fuse time AND their count absolutely need to be brought back in line with the other nades. Make their explosion radius like a cong and leave the faster flying speed and flatter throw curve as is and their balance will be perfect. A much more precise and easy nade to throw exactly where you want but because of that it has lower explosion radius. 

Edited by xSagittiSx
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Spherii said:

If it would make low yields seem more balanced, removing their radius is the only nerf that wouldn't destroy these things, it would make nade-sniping seem even more skillfull, so yeah that should work. An alternative of nerf x and y is just buffing x and y, but that doesn't apply to everything. I don't think grenades are on the big list of things that really need to be nerfed, but it could be low priority I guess.

Because some things are just broken. I'm well aware that I use it myself, but hey, improvise, adapt, overcome.
Or just use the same weapon as them.

I own one...I got so tired of dying in less than a second by one that i got 1 myself...Its ridiculously OP lmfao

Edited by Keshi

19 hours ago, Spherii said:

I don't think nerfing the low yield grenades solely will lead to much balance. Much of the issue's you mentioned such as spamming grenades can be done with any type of grenade, not just the low-yield. 
Should the low-yield get nerfed to two, there's little to no point in using low yields over percussions. If you're doing it for the low explosion time, percussions, if you're doing it for the damage. Frags. The low-yield is a good mix of both the aforementioned grenades. If you're complaining about grenade spam being too good with low-yields then you merely have to stop sitting at the same spot for an extended time or throw nades back. People who spam grenades are probably sitting at one spot or close to their ammo box. 

Personally I think grenades are in a good spot, you've got multiple variations and to each their own. 

lows strength is throwing them in tight places where people hide without granting them time to escape. Percs can't bounce into corners. (also, do you forget, 2 yolos can kill, 2 percs just do 800 damage. A very significant difference.

Edited by LilyV3

22 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

People always acting like only their opp has nades or only their opp can spam them, or that there arent other things you can do vs nade spam.

Adapt and overcome my friends, adapt and overcome.

having to dodge multiple short-fused grenades before your opp even attempts to fight you before every engagement makes for very enjoyable gameplay

• Like 1

Just now, :^) said:

having to dodge multiple short-fused grenades before your opp even attempts to fight you before every engagement makes for very enjoyable gameplay

I too wish I could win every fight.