Sign in to follow this  
JackBauer

Are you Afraid of Change (Dont Whine)

I don't think the game failed because the premise failed. I think it was mismanaged and milked dry. Opportunities for solid services were passed over in favour of a quick buck. Anti-cheat sucked for the longest time, and so did the servers. Indeed players were fed kool-aid about just how *much* was being done, how great the server hardware was, etc. You can't keep that up without creating a rotten climate, and we're still enjoying that climate right now.

You're suggesting the course the game has been on for years now is a course that players don't want to see changed. I think most players do. I hope the game will now take a step back from the piles and piles of sh*tty reskins and ARMAS junk and focus on quality. Quality of servers, netcode, balance, engine.

I am a little worried about an /RTW/ developer who has probably been out of touch with the game for a long time having his take on balancing weapons. Weapons have changed a lot over the past years, TTK's have gotten faster and so has the gameplay. I fear that if they'd take the direction of increasing the TTK's of most guns would make the gameplay become boring and slow as the fast-paced gameplay is what kept a lot of players including myself around for all these years, the combat is one of a kind and I would've preferred if they may have looked at the obvious weapons such as the HVR and adjusted them slightly rather than going for an overall weapon balance pass. (While we still have no idea how many weapons will be adjusted I'd imagine that it'll be quite a few to bring balance back in line with each other)

If they increase the overall TTK of a lot of guns it will not be a simple task, especially for a single developer. Things such as Shots to Kill and Rate of Fire would be the two obvious things to change, however, it is really not as simple as a simple increase in Shots to Kill could cause weapons to become useless if the overall Bloom of the weapon isn't adjusted as well while Rate of Fire could turn weapons that are supposed to Bloom turn into actual laser beams. Another factor to consider is how hard damage would work, imagine taking out a Pioneer or Espacio with Steel Plating 3 with a gun that fires slower than it's previous iterations, imagine taking out a deployable shield with a slow firing OCA that still had the same hard damage as before. You'd have to consider and adjust all these things accordingly if changes to those two factors would be made so I'd rather have them try to bump underused guns up a notch or nerf those who are clearly too good and overshadow other guns in the same category such as it is right now with the N-tec when it comes to Rifles.

Gun balance is definitely an interesting topic to talk about and while I am worried about what might happen I am still very excited to see what they come up with. Communication is key, they need to listen to the community before changes go through to the live servers.

I'm scared how many bugs that became standard feature of APB will be gone into oblivion.

Edited by Guest

35 minutes ago, AlishaAzureOfficial said:

There will be big Patch Notes like that when the game will get new engine and new stuff, they can't write like that if nothing got updated/added/removed etc.

For real i would love to see such a huge patch notes like that for APB. i would pay to see that haha. Also Will APB looks like Squad Graphics since Squad is on Unreal Engine 4.19 and APB will be close to that version in the future. This is what i would love to see APB look like haha! 

vWHGsGw.jpg

9 minutes ago, JackBauer said:

For real i would love to see such a huge patch notes like that for APB. i would pay to see that haha. Also Will APB looks like Squad Graphics since Squad is on Unreal Engine 4.19 and APB will be close to that version in the future. This is what i would love to see APB look like haha! 

vWHGsGw.jpg

i have a hard time imagining apb with these gfx but maybe im just too used to the old ps2 gfx we have now lol

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i have a hard time imagining apb with these gfx but maybe im just too used to the old ps2 gfx we have now lol

Right haha. i can actually picture it but can't picture it with 3rd person APB Style

10 hours ago, Frosi said:

I am a little worried about an /RTW/ developer who has probably been out of touch with the game for a long time having his take on balancing weapons. Weapons have changed a lot over the past years, TTK's have gotten faster and so has the gameplay. I fear that if they'd take the direction of increasing the TTK's of most guns would make the gameplay become boring and slow as the fast-paced gameplay is what kept a lot of players including myself around for all these years, the combat is one of a kind and I would've preferred if they may have looked at the obvious weapons such as the HVR and adjusted them slightly rather than going for an overall weapon balance pass. (While we still have no idea how many weapons will be adjusted I'd imagine that it'll be quite a few to bring balance back in line with each other)

If they increase the overall TTK of a lot of guns it will not be a simple task, especially for a single developer. Things such as Shots to Kill and Rate of Fire would be the two obvious things to change, however, it is really not as simple as a simple increase in Shots to Kill could cause weapons to become useless if the overall Bloom of the weapon isn't adjusted as well while Rate of Fire could turn weapons that are supposed to Bloom turn into actual laser beams. Another factor to consider is how hard damage would work, imagine taking out a Pioneer or Espacio with Steel Plating 3 with a gun that fires slower than it's previous iterations, imagine taking out a deployable shield with a slow firing OCA that still had the same hard damage as before. You'd have to consider and adjust all these things accordingly if changes to those two factors would be made so I'd rather have them try to bump underused guns up a notch or nerf those who are clearly too good and overshadow other guns in the same category such as it is right now with the N-tec when it comes to Rifles.

Gun balance is definitely an interesting topic to talk about and while I am worried about what might happen I am still very excited to see what they come up with. Communication is key, they need to listen to the community before changes go through to the live servers.

I agree with this.

Only few guns need an a slight adjust to work properly. There are plenty of factors to consider before changing anything... i doubt anyone who do not play the game can do it.

Dunno, they want balance? they are here how long? this balance pass won't be better than any one we had before. On whose expertise is the judgement done and the changes implemented? Surely not LO's because they haven't enough. So it's either people's feedback or just the old G1 staff they took over.

Expecting this balance pass to do wonders is the wrong way to approach it. Much more interesting would be an open approach of LO talking about the changes they want to do and why and what people think about it.

So for sure, stuff will change.

For sure soem will whine, but most will adapt.

But will balance increase? we gonna see. But I just don't put hopes high as this won't disappoint me if it doens't hits the high expectations I would have for proper balance.

Edited by LilyV3

The salt is prob coming from the fact that 4 slot dump trucks are yet to be confirmed. 🚚

I haven't actively played this game for 2-3 years too, there have been some days in those years were I played with some of my DoD / MGD guys for an evening to reminisce the good APB times but not to fully commit to the game.

I will come back when LO pulls the engine upgrade up but it is all up to them if I keep playing this game when they do so.

So give me the changes I am waiting for it. 

for me? i would actually be intersted for any change since it might be refreshing for game.. only change i want is to finally change n-tec meta ..

if the game change into a FPS i will be scared, but all seems the same at the moment lol

3 hours ago, AlexandraTromp said:

I haven't actively played this game for 2-3 years too, there have been some days in those years were I played with some of my DoD / MGD guys for an evening to reminisce the good APB times but not to fully commit to the game.

I will come back when LO pulls the engine upgrade up but it is all up to them if I keep playing this game when they do so.

So give me the changes I am waiting for it. 

Past 4-5 Replies. Yeah i feel yea soo true!! I'm only going back to game with at least 3.5 of unreal engine. 4.19 version would be heck alot better if they can get it to that version idk?

Also When they doo these important changes and the last resort is content to keep players. They should try to advertise the game best they can. They need to put money into advertisement for sure. Like for example World of Tanks they called there whole new game revamp Version 1.0 for a new beginning you kno?

Currently my biggest concern is that the community expects to much in short term.

The weapons balance pass hopefully wont end in to much controversial changes and drama.

Engine Upgrade to version 3.5 could be bumpy and it might take some time until it runs smoothly.

9 hours ago, theclinton said:

I hope they will make good on their promises 

Umm did they even promise it? they didn't promise it they just said they gonna doo it best they can that's not a promise haha

On 6/23/2018 at 6:52 PM, Keshi said:

people are gonna complain regardless tbh... the only change i wanted was for the game to use all my computer juice...

For real.  If APB used even half of the hardware my rig has.... 

• Like 1

Umm did they even promise it? they didn't promise it they just said they gonna doo it best they can that's not a promise haha

alright bro

Why would they take over a game on life support if they plan to do nothing with it??  From a business perspective, this makes absolutely no sense.

11 hours ago, sundere said:

if the game change into a FPS i will be scared, but all seems the same at the moment lol

I don't think they'll do that.  APB was built around being a third person shooter.  

9 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

Why would they take over a game on life support if they plan to do nothing with it??  From a business perspective, this makes absolutely no sense.

How does it not make sense? Explain?

24 minutes ago, JackBauer said:

Why would you put time, money, and effort into something if you don't plan to make your investment grow??  That would be like buying an old car that you plan on selling to make a profit, but not fixing it up, and thereby not raising it's value.

Edited by TrinityFSB

24 minutes ago, JackBauer said:

the game was obviously struggling if g1 decided to go against their previous statements and sell it, why would you buy a dying game and continue to let it die lol

Sign in to follow this