Sign in to follow this  
JackBauer

Are you Afraid of Change (Dont Whine)

I've been an APB Player/Vet Since Middle of RTW Days. Was there when servers went down before G1 got APB. Played G1 Version of APB. Played for many years. i put about $3000 into the game over the 6-7 years i was active. But i have not played in 2-3 years due to you already kno. i refuse to play. I'm not gonna play until engine update. But this Roadmap looks soo promising. Probably the best news i've heard for APB in many years. But my POINT being is are you afraid of change with the way you been playing and seeing apb. I'm just trying to say dont whine or be salty when you see a UI Change or Gun change, or Car Stat change. its destined to happen and to be experimented. This change needs change? ARE YOU GONNA BE SALTY ABOUT IT?

Also Side Note. This new team is trying there best to answer soo many support tickets about bans, be patient, and stop whining. They only had the game for like not even 2 months. They doin patches, and unbanning and much more with a small team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

people are gonna complain regardless tbh... the only change i wanted was for the game to use all my computer juice...

• Like 1

I want events, sales, codes - which were coded into APB years ago but won't be triggered till some arbitrary date of engine update (which took G1 4+ years and still wasn't implemented). This is just boring compared to multiple summer events and sales in other games I play.

im salty regardless of change

the only people who are going to be upset over things like a UI change, weapon change, or car change are going to be those who see major flaws in them.

I do not actually think anyone will car if the UI is changed so long it is better than the original and doesnt drop your frames by 60 when you open up a menu.

A lot of people will complain about the weapon change if the person tweaking the weapons turns out to have a completely different vision than them.

The only vehicle change I see would be performance wise. A lot of the vehicles have quirks that really shouldn't change unless theyre outright bugs.

• Like 1

Honestly, my biggest fear isnt LO failing, I dont think they will.

My biggest fear is that by saving APB, LO will have turned it into something I no longer enjoy. 

Lets face it the game as it is, the game we all love... failed. 

Trying to revive it "as is" will obviously fail just the same. 

So APB has to change... It simply has to. 

And once it does, I just hope Im still loving it like I am right now. 

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

My biggest fear is that by saving APB, LO will have turned it into something I no longer enjoy. 

Life can surprise sometimes, not everything stays the same all the time. You know, Exs, previous job, etc.. So probably you will have to stay because it has been always the game we all loved and we stayed after all these years, we experienced really big changes at the past before Tiggs took over and destroyed what so called APB:R. You'll have to face the change, if you are a true fan of the game, you will have to.

46 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Tru that makes alot of sense. Understandable. 

cant change if you dont accept the change and live in the past 🙂

i'm just afraid of feedback being gathered from the wrong people which would make for potentially awful changes.

• Like 1

1 If they reduce prices of Armas items,there

will be a few butthurt about items being sold for less price than they paid.

2 If they remove something from armas, there will be noobs who feels entitled yelling and whining  that, they paid for those items.

3 If they balance some guns, there will be idiots complaining that they bought the item and LO changed it and they need refund.

4 If they balance cars, #3 happens again....

5 If they change, there will be whining that this new UI is different or feels different or is distracting and they need the old UI.

It doesnt matter what LO does, in the end there will be pooping puking whining yelling and crying.Because there are a lot of  nubs around here who thinks they are something entitled to something other than the service which was promised and delivered at the time of purchase !

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, JackBauer said:

The roadmap is not necessarily new, most of it are the "Soon TM" of both G1 generations, however, the actual work on implementing it, that's new, I heard previously it was 1 person working on the engine upgrade, now its 2 teams. I see them working hard on different areas of the game, and investing money into it, and so far all they get back is increased population, but not much spending, people are waiting for the confirmation, the change, and the mentioned change of prices in Armas.

Personally, I quit due to G1, came back due to friends, but stopped paying at Armas altogether, now that LO took over, I am waiting for some more improvements then I'll gladly be buying again, major changes or not, as long as they keep progressing, I don't mind a different weapon or vehicle balance if it means they're adding more content or the promised maps etc..

PS: I'd like to emphasize on what you said, to whoever reads this, lets share a positive attitude about this, our community is a part of the issue, and maybe its time to solve it and get a better reputation than a salt mine.

• Like 1

As the roadmap is basically all about fixing bugs, making the servers work etc. no, not afraid. To be honest, the weapon balance thing doesn't make me sleep bad either. I'm a bit disappointed, because when I heard new content in the Q&A, I thought a new map is coming, several new weapons, modifications, vehicles etc. I like what LO did so far, but I was hoping for more content than just 1 vehicle and 1 gun.

Change for good of the game can’t be bad

As CBT i still love the game as it is, with all it's flaws.

Change for me is having new stuff, not altering the mechanics of the game itself.

Good change would be  a new district , new missions(not reworking the existing ones),... , tweaking performance , a good and fast anticheat, stable servers.

1 minute ago, TecH EU2 said:

Change for me is having new stuff, not altering the mechanics of the game itself.

Good change would be  a new district , new missions(not reworking the existing ones),... , tweaking performance , a good and fast anticheat, stable servers.

as a “veteran” i’d like to see the maps get more interiors and balance fixes than i’d like a new map

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

as a “veteran” i’d like to see the maps get more interiors and balance fixes than i’d like a new map

1 hour ago, TecH EU2 said:

As *RTW OBT CBT VETERAN* [my peepee just grew +2inches] , i would like to see more indoor places, better balanced missions, and that goddamn jericho bishada fixed, a few guns nerfed and a few buffed...

The game has already changed plenty, I feel like you guys forgot about all the huge changes in the past. Halving TTK's was a huge change.
APB's meta might change with the balance update, but it'll still be the game you love regardless, judging by the few game-changing patches we've had.

10 hours ago, AlishaAzureOfficial said:

Isn't at all a small team, just go to look at all open letters and the Q&A done with Kempington, Matt told many times they got 3 teams working on 3 different parts of the game.

Damn if that's the case then i'm sorry. i actually have high hopes for APB when teams bigger than a number of 4-5! Would love to see patch notes this big but for APB haha https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pc-game-update-6-8.246155/

I'm scary, every game i play, when they do big changes i'm scare. This is the nature of humans, i really like this game, it need to be refresh of course but, the game have to remember who he his and don't forget from where he come from. Don't become a GTA, don't become Another X like. Just be what you always were, be what we loved all this years, be APB: Reloaded.

Edited by Unreal

Regarding players' ability to cope with change, I've always found a bizarre inconsistancy during gameplay itself. Apb, more than any other game I've seen, is subject to so many variables that missions are almost always different. And yet, players will so often approach the game in the most formulaic way possible, becoming agitated at any tactic/weapon/strategy that defies their expectations. 

I would assume that a game that requires as much adaptability as apb does would attract a playerbase undaunted by change, but experience suggests otherwise. My only theory as to why this is the case, is that many players derive pleasure through a sense of overcoming the chaos of the game, of finding methods to control the varied scenarios they encounter. As such, new variables present a threat to this idea of mastery. 

As such, it is inevitable that many players will be upset at the changes to come. However, these changes will present new opportunities for players to master the game, which they will enjoy, assuming they do not feel too alienated by said changes. Seeing as LO appears to have an interest in maintaining the core identity of the game while improving it, I see no reason to worry. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Uminee said:

Regarding players' ability to cope with change, I've always found a bizarre inconsistancy during gameplay itself. Apb, more than any other game I've seen, is subject to so many variables that missions are almost always different. And yet, players will so often approach the game in the most formulaic way possible, becoming agitated at any tactic/weapon/strategy that defies their expectations. 

I would assume that a game that requires as much adaptability as apb does would attract a playerbase undaunted by change, but experience suggests otherwise. My only theory as to why this is the case, is that many players derive pleasure through a sense of overcoming the chaos of the game, of finding methods to control the varied scenarios they encounter. As such, new variables present a threat to this idea of mastery. 

As such, it is inevitable that many players will be upset at the changes to come. However, these changes will present new opportunities for players to master the game, which they will enjoy, assuming they do not feel too alienated by said changes. Seeing as LO appears to have an interest in maintaining the core identity of the game while improving it, I see no reason to worry. 

Well said. 

Well said indeed. 

This actually made me feel better. 

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this