Queen of Love

Matchmaking and Extiction of middle threat levels.

fact is there is actually 2 population ingame, i m clearly for a segregation until we have enough population

sure separation can t be perfect, but it would be better than what we have...

Edited by SK4LP
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, SK4LP said:

fact is there is actually 2 population ingame, i m clearly for a segregation until we have enough population

sure separation can t be perfect, but it would be better than what we have...

You are correct, there are 2 populations within the game. One population was sustainable, it was random groups being pitted against each other. It was always fair, and allowed for learning etc...  The other population was cancerous and essentially killed their own server. Despite little LO being told by "casual players", introducing this element to the servers will initially kill the servers. They did it anyway, without even any safeguards which just baffles me. Removing "\Abandonmission" is a safeguard. Removing pre-made teams is a safe-guard. Having a server for pre-mades vs pre-mades is a safeguard. Thats why the mind boggles and maybe they just want it to die so they can release a new version.....

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, Y2Venom said:

You are correct, there are 2 populations within the game. One population was sustainable, it was random groups being pitted against each other. It was always fair, and allowed for learning etc...  The other population was cancerous and essentially killed their own server. Despite little LO being told by "casual players", introducing this element to the servers will initially kill the servers. They did it anyway, without even any safeguards which just baffles me. Removing "\Abandonmission" is a safeguard. Removing pre-made teams is a safe-guard. Having a server for pre-mades vs pre-mades is a safeguard. Thats why the mind boggles and maybe they just want it to die so they can release a new version.....

Years ago trainee players and bronze players should have been isolated on their own "trainee" district. Once a player hits silver they are kicked out of the trainee district and put into the "normal" districts. Players can choose to skip the "trainee" districts and go straight to the "normal" districts but when you hit silver threat once, you are forever blocked from the "trainee' district. There would have been no Silver or Gold districts as these only separated the already small population too much and caused people to throw matches just to trick the system into thinking they were a lower threat to enter lower threat districts.

Threat should have been hidden from players. Displaying threat level added nothing positive to the game. I would say player levels should have been hidden from the enemies as well.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I agree.

Just because you don't want to look at your silver symbol.

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just because you don't want to look at your silver symbol.

Well it makes me sad.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Well it makes me sad.

Just get gold already.

6 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just get gold already.

I’m hoping if I spend another $1k they’ll just give it to me.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, CookiePuss said:

I agree.

I agree only when the matchmaking gets fixed. I don't want to babysit with lowbie silvers. When I see that I get an empty mission with a full low silver/bronze team I abandon it because matchmaking and current pop can't guarantee me a balanced opposition. Most of the time I get pre-made full gold team against me with my low babies. Also when I get a defending mission I also want to know I can rely on my teammates or I have do it on my own without a basic teamplay.

9 hours ago, gremlen said:

I agree only when the matchmaking gets fixed. I don't want to babysit with lowbie silvers. When I see that I get an empty mission with a full low silver/bronze team I abandon it because matchmaking and current pop can't guarantee me a balanced opposition. Most of the time I get pre-made full gold team against me with my low babies. Also when I get a defending mission I also want to know I can rely on my teammates or I have do it on my own without a basic teamplay.

Fair enough. I’m not willing to wait that long for matches.

If current mission system and matchmaking isnt workin(mostly cause of the low pop)Revamp the entire gameplay for this districts(till the 64bit upgrade when you get more players)and replace it with 40 vs 40 game mode where you also get exp and progress the contacts(check "alternative way to progress" in suggestions)Gave this idea 100 times.if nobody plays it-go back to current mission system.But if works u kinda solve the issues with balance(both sides have good players)camping spots(gonna be mission on the entire map)better understanding for new players what to do(stick to green players-attack red ones)even with performance.Right now theres 10s of missions runnin simultaneously on each district.Thats gotta be takin a lot of resources.In new case-gonna be only one

At least put it like alternative mission to choose like how was with "open conflict" and see how players respond

Edited by AlienTM

On 12/8/2022 at 3:48 AM, gremlen said:

The issue with displaying threat levels in a nutshell.

If people didn't know what "colour" they're up against, they might actually try to win.

• Thanks 2

On 12/8/2022 at 2:48 AM, gremlen said:

I agree only when the matchmaking gets fixed. I don't want to babysit with lowbie silvers.

yes hide behind matchmaking. It was this exact mindset that helped kill the games population.

23 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The issue with displaying threat levels in a nutshell.

If people didn't know what "colour" they're up against, they might actually try to win.

We had an open conflict district with hidden threats that was badly received, should LO try it again? As I said I'm up for hiding threats as long as I will be sure I always get fair matches. For now the amount of fair matches is so low that I would just quit than being forced to babysit. And from my perspective, is it fair losing my mmr because the game can't maintain fair matches? Would it be fair in csgo if you're a global elite getting matched against a full stack of global elite while your team consists of gold nova? In cs go such thing can't happen but in apb it can and we have a fair compromise with visible threats and /abandonmission command. I do also believe that it's better not only for high gold but also for bad players because when high gold player drops a mission because of a bad team he got, a bad team has much better chances of getting the same skill level opposition than with a high top gold player

Merged.

18 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

yes hide behind matchmaking. It was this exact mindset that helped kill the games population.

The population died because of lack of updates and bad archaic matchmaking system. Everyday on average I'm on 20 winstreak missions and the game has nothing better than this opposition.

d06c763b2116262f5e623849e0ff00b6.jpg

Edited by gremlen

I'm in the minority because I loved open conflict. There was no threat based matchmaking so you got who was ready. You were less likely to get the same opp each match. Only downside was missions would get too large due to the backup system still calling in anyone, but it made each mission more dynamic instead of the static matches we have now.

• Like 2

Hide threat and also the notification when threat changes.Visually the rank symbol for enf and crims will just be blue and red.Right now in the moment gold player see dat is in team with lower threat player and they are still not dispatched-leaves immediately the mission.The new player normally have to play against higher threat and gets destroyed.Stop this discrimination which goin on for years now and hide this threats

On 12/15/2022 at 5:02 AM, gremlen said:

We had an open conflict district with hidden threats that was badly received, should LO try it again?

Open Conflict was badly received, because it had no matchmaking beyond putting equal numbers of players against each other.

16 hours ago, AlienTM said:

Visually the rank symbol for enf and crims will just be blue and red.

Or simply hide it. Is there any menu in the game where a faction symbol next to a player name is actually necessary?

Edited by Revoluzzer

49 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Open Conflict was badly received, because it had no matchmaking beyond putting equal numbers of players against each other.

it actually didn’t even have that, i think open conflict would have been better received if there was at least an equal number of bodies on each team

• Like 1