MattScott

APB Next Steps

Better performance and anticheat could bring new players to APB, I like that.

What about increasing fps max to fit the monitor hz?

Edited by Uhtdred

3 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

I kind of agree with him, but I would have worded it slightly differently. 

Rather than come back every few months and apologize, which frankly has gotten old, Matt should have someone communicate with us on a regular basis.

A lot of people have spent a great deal of money on this game and have been promised big plans multiple times, so they buy things to help support the game they love. It simply isn't right to not communicate like that

It is hard to hear honest feedback sometimes, but many of the people giving the feedback have been around since day 1 and actually care

Matt doesn't owe us anything. All of you are just overreacting whilst the "smart"  people just move on to different better games.
I've spent a load of money on APB myself but with "investing" in to a game you should realize that you're always going to lose that money.

1. You'll never get it back anyways.
2. Not a single game will survive your entire lifetime. 
3. You're spending money on an account that isn't even yours.

I genuinely do not understand why people care so much for APB or anything Matt does, they clearly do not have the resources to accomplish the goals that they had set when they took over nor the goals that they have set in the previous months. It's mind boggling that there are still people that genuinely think sh*t is going to get done and APB:R is going to be a big hit.

Just wait and see, they don't owe you guys anything no matter how much time and money you have invested in their game.

• Like 6

One day you will all finally learn that APB's time is passed and gone. Even if LO or G1 or whoever comes out with some amazing game changing update that fixes everything it does not matter. 99.9999% of games die with time.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

One day you will all finally learn that APB's time is passed and gone. Even if LO or G1 or whoever comes out with some amazing game changing update that fixes everything it does not matter. 99.9999% of games die with time.

This for the most part

APB's only hope would be a 'relaunch' to get players particularly on steam, since performance is the thing let's go with APB: ReLODed

Even with that I don't believe performance, anticheat and engine updates are going to bring people in it was needed 5+ years ago.

Just become a forum troll and watch the world burn. If it's on fire, might as well use it to cook something. 

14 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

Just become a forum troll and watch the world burn. If it's on fire, might as well use it to cook something. 

This. I still have a bet on making it to Q1 2024 without any new content (armas doesnt count). 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:31 AM, Farbon Ciber said:

I kind of agree with him, but I would have worded it slightly differently. 

Rather than come back every few months and apologize, which frankly has gotten old, Matt should have someone communicate with us on a regular basis.

A lot of people have spent a great deal of money on this game and have been promised big plans multiple times, so they buy things to help support the game they love. It simply isn't right to not communicate like that

It is hard to hear honest feedback sometimes, but many of the people giving the feedback have been around since day 1 and actually care

Merged.

I agree

We need a roadmap and weekly (not monthly) updates

We should also not wait for the update to release the new content

Lets get the new contact added please

Contrary to my previous statement, i shall give you one thing: we need another Kempington. I miss that ol' brick tosser. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 1:28 PM, Cuve said:

Matt doesn't owe us anything. All of you are just overreacting whilst the "smart"  people just move on to different better games.
I've spent a load of money on APB myself but with "investing" in to a game you should realize that you're always going to lose that money.

1. You'll never get it back anyways.
2. Not a single game will survive your entire lifetime. 
3. You're spending money on an account that isn't even yours.

I genuinely do not understand why people care so much for APB or anything Matt does, they clearly do not have the resources to accomplish the goals that they had set when they took over nor the goals that they have set in the previous months. It's mind boggling that there are still people that genuinely think sh*t is going to get done and APB:R is going to be a big hit.

Just wait and see, they don't owe you guys anything no matter how much time and money you have invested in their game.

Everyone please read this quote a few times and let the reality of it sink in. It transition well into the next quote: 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:57 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I have not doubt that Matt has all the best intentions, I'll continue to call LO the unsung good guys of the gaming industry, but something is clear now.
Little Orbit got waaay to much in their plate, from buying Gamersfirst with APB Reloaded and Fallen Earth, to a failed kickstarter with Unsung Story, and taking over Descent Underground(STFU).
That right there is 4 big projects, each with their communities of which there sure is unhappy people. It's unclear to me how big Matt's team is in reality but I doubt it to be a really big studio to handle all these projects at once.

I'll admit this update was rather underwhelming considering last time I really checked-in was when APB was acquired by Little Orbit, I know Realtime Worlds made APB with UE 3 and a bunch of ghetto spaghetto code so this would be a huge undertaking, but as someone who really enjoyed the original APB I was hopeful of it's future. So realizing that all the talk of upgrading the engine and improving the game hasn't moved in any noticeable degree in all this time is a bit disappointing, but I don't fault Little Orbit for struggling with two other companies garbage and having to turn it into something that is not covered in turd stains, can't be easy.

There is valid points raised in this thread, I hope it's all at least read and thought of as you continue your work at Little Orbit.

Edited by StoneFire
  • Like 1

Could've told the people earlier you're busy making some money with other projects while APB is on the back-burner.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:46 PM, R3ACT3M said:

Better performance is a great first step

Would've been a fantastic first step. I guess it's still decent as a tenth-or-so step. Might even happen this year.

• Like 3

I'm fairly confident in predicting that the next step APB takes will be onto it's own shoe laces before falling flat on it's face.

I don't doubt that Matt had good intentions for the game but I don't think he ever really understood what made it tick,  nearly all the gameplay changes made by LO made the game less appealing to me to the point where I just gave up playing.

I have no hope for the future of this game and see no evidence that LO have learned anything from their numerous mistakes.

Please stop flogging this horse it's already dead.

So the wait continues... My patience is great--whether the shutdown of or a new beginning for this game, I wait for whatever resolve comes of/for it.

any news when this can go live ?

i mean apb 1.3 in real world ?

soonTM ?

Thank god APB is not the only game to ever exist

20 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

Thank god APB is not the only game to ever exist

for many people - it is

• Like 1

so after 5 years you go back to EAC ? another trash anti-cheat that isnt going to fix whats wrong with the game? at this point just shut the game off, no one plays anyways.

12 hours ago, Motorola said:

so after 5 years you go back to EAC ? another trash anti-cheat that isnt going to fix whats wrong with the game? at this point just shut the game off, no one plays anyways.

yeah we need fairfight back that at least banned you 🙂

• Like 4

EAC is good enough and the Team has to do the rest in the background.

21 hours ago, Motorola said:

It must do something useful if you don't want it back.

18 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Just ffbans.com preferably.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2022 at 2:38 PM, MonkaS said:

Fairfight was good when it came out.
Nowadays, it would be nearly useless.

EAC isn't bad but it isn't groundbreaking either.

Pretty invasive & signature-based, which means indefinite cat/mouse detection cycle.

If I were an anti cheat developer, I'd just give up at this point.
Cheats are too far ahead nowadays.
How the hell would you even detect computer vision auto-aim?

Anti-cheats need to be designed INTO games during development, not integrated as a "one size fits all" add-on...

9 hours ago, Talla said:

How the hell would you even detect computer vision auto-aim?

with fairfight, stuff like that is exactly what it was designed to analyze and detect

imo the optimal anticheat combo atm is a half decent client side to stop the free cheats off the first page of google and then a server side heuristic anticheat like fairfight (but properly tuned and maintained) to at least snag a portion of the cheats that get past the client side

5 hours ago, glaciers said:

with fairfight, stuff like that is exactly what it was designed to analyze and detect

imo the optimal anticheat combo atm is a half decent client side to stop the free cheats off the first page of google and then a server side heuristic anticheat like fairfight (but properly tuned and maintained) to at least snag a portion of the cheats that get past the client side

this. I've said this since fairfight was introduced have a good client side anti-cheat(EAC/BE[or even both like fortnite]) plus heuristic or even ai/machine learning and if you tack-on a system like csgo's overwatch(currently not possible with apb since apb's spectating mode isn't great) than you'd have a perfect anti-cheat solution wouldn't even really need moderators.

If not a new District then at least give us a new Fight Club-map, they're not as big and shouldn't take too long to design 🥴

Asylum and Baylan is so 1998 🥱👎

Edited by nattsvart_katt