MattScott

APB Next Steps

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while. I didn't get sick or die.

I've just been buried with the studio and getting some work-for-hire projects shipped.

Little Orbit is very close to announcing a couple new things we've been working on, but I'm way overdue for an update on APB.

I finally unpinned the APB 2.0 thread, and I'm starting this one.

Here is my first APB update in a long time to explain where we're headed.

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/8/5/message-from-matt

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9

It all sounds good @MattScott however weve been burned so many times over the last decade that its too little too late. This needed to be done years ago and now there just isnt a pop left. You guys need to do something here and now to live to get players back. Most of the weapon rebalances have been negatives and frown upon by the community. Most of these need to be undone and a proper rebalance needs to be done only when hitreg is fixed and stats of the weapons arent based heavily upon bots and cheats. Fix the threats and matchmaking here and now as well to ensure ppl have fun playing. Most legit players left when you removed the threat segregation. It needs to be reimplemented.

• Like 3

wow i can definitely see why this post took half a year to write, 1200 words is a seriously crazy update!!!

super excited to start the weekly update journey all over again, and i cant wait to flip flop back to an anticheat that never should have been dumped in the first place!!!

• Thanks 1

Best of luck to the team then.

Hopefully this way ends up with better results

Nice, getting screwed years back by BE just for you to re-instate an actual functioning Anti Cheat.
10/10 

• Like 1

Was 2 am here when saw it..🥱 anyway im glad im still awake.I guess the most positive is dat most likely theres not gonna be huge "rabbit holes" and this 1.30 version not gonna fail like the previous two.At least i hope..

Well this is the most underwhelming thing I've ever read....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cuve said:

Nice, getting screwed years back by BE just for you to re-instate an actual functioning Anti Cheat.

idk what you mean BE is working flawlessly 🙃

so only news is your adding EAC(maybe go for a battleye/eac combo like fortnite + fairfight) back after you complete 1.3 thanks for the nothing post I guess. maybe you should've waited at least until you could show the sphere again or social before posting since this doesn't contain new info

Edited by MonkaS

Did your wife's boyfriend finally let you out of the basement?

APB 2 will be much worse than the first APB if Little Orbit continues to support cheaters and promote cheaters to SPCT.

And GMs kicking/banning people for driving dump trucks around the map was pathetic too.

Let me know if you need any more free advice.

• Like 1

Alright, sounds like something

Would love to see that something in a reasonable time though. x64 compatibility is really nice, RTX crashes fix too. Finally. 

The anti cheat is nice, but maybe instead of performance improvements you can include some simple changes which are frustating for players like:

- match making, sometimes it takes a very long time while the server is full / sometimes you wait for 4 minutes and than in the last minute of the mission you suddenly get enemies (would probably be better to start a new mission when this happens)

- A new map... we have seen enough waterfront and financial

- New contacts

- New missions

If it takes too long there will be no players left

• Like 1

@MattScott I'm speechless. I'd like to say too little too late, but you haven't given me the Little yet. n I Wont hold my breath.

I will thank you and commend you on the joker box revamp, however i Damn you for desegregation without an anticheat, 

and I Damn you for having the audacity to not show up for a year. 

I dont care about your 'other endeavors, and that is No Excuse.

After paying this company well over 3.grand + what others have paid  We have a Right to know if your Firm is still in business. 

You were sent multiple DM's, hundreds of forum threads based on your absence.

Your not showing up leads people to believe you are no longer with LO or that LO is no longer in business, 

therefore stymieing any armas spending, raising the toxicity level, and sowing distrust toward your staff.

How dare you leave us hanging like that, n letting your staff take the bullet for ya.

You're the Boss, then delegate some authority. Hire an assistant, a liaison.   

• Like 2

dam

good thing that topic was unpinned, i too would hate to look back at the date it was created.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

@MattScott I'm speechless. I'd like to say too little too late, but you haven't given me the Little yet. n I Wont hold my breath.

I will thank you and commend you on the joker box revamp, however i Damn you for desegregation without an anticheat, 

and I Damn you for having the audacity to not show up for a year. 

I dont care about your 'other endeavors, and that is No Excuse.

After paying this company well over 3.grand + what others have paid  We have a Right to know if your Firm is still in business. 

You were sent multiple DM's, hundreds of forum threads based on your absence.

Your not showing up leads people to believe you are no longer with LO or that LO is no longer in business, 

therefore stymieing any armas spending, raising the toxicity level, and sowing distrust toward your staff.

How dare you leave us hanging like that, n letting your staff take the bullet for ya.

You're the Boss, then delegate some authority. Hire an assistant, a liaison.   

Calm down cowboy 😂

• Like 2

A lot of people are complaining about this, and some have good points. But also the people who are complaining about it "being too late" clearly haven't taken a break from the game for more than a day.

This is better news than what these ^ people want to hear: "we are shutting down apb"

I am how ever curious about console players now if they will end up on the same engine as PC or if they are going to be an entirely different operation.

Better performance is a great first step

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, R3ACT3M said:

Better performance is a great first step

100% agree

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Storma said:

The anti cheat is nice, but maybe instead of performance improvements you can include some simple changes which are frustating for players like:

- match making, sometimes it takes a very long time while the server is full / sometimes you wait for 4 minutes and than in the last minute of the mission you suddenly get enemies (would probably be better to start a new mission when this happens)

- A new map... we have seen enough waterfront and financial

- New contacts

- New missions

If it takes too long there will be no players left

New contact would be nice and most likely increase the population. Rank 275 and 295 would be cool to see and achieve, I mean what happen to these contact they were gonna add ?

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

Plus is it possible to merge FC in one server i don't see an issue only maybe cant cross use the legendary weapons so you can disable them when entering like disable remote detonator when entering an event.

2 hours ago, MidnightQ said:

New contact would be nice and most likely increase the population. Rank 275 and 295 would be cool to see and achieve, I mean what happen to these contact they were gonna add ?

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/7/23/content-update

Plus is it possible to merge FC in one server i don't see an issue only maybe cant cross use the legendary weapons so you can disable them when entering like disable remote detonator when entering an event.

Hey Matt, you guys got the blueprints for the so called "Midtown" as far as i can remember. I would love to see that one in real-time renders.

It mustve been also painfully awkward to post this after such a long period.

Cheers Matto, keep up the good work.
Oh and also S.T.F.U 👍

Edited by OmikronOverload
tsupid

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I know it's been a while. I didn't get sick or die.

I've just been buried with the studio and getting some work-for-hire projects shipped.

Little Orbit is very close to announcing a couple new things we've been working on, but I'm way overdue for an update on APB.

I finally unpinned the APB 2.0 thread, and I'm starting this one.

Here is my first APB update in a long time to explain where we're headed.

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2022/8/5/message-from-matt

Thanks,
Matt

I'd understand that sometimes we need to take some time out to release frustration, but when leading a project like APB Realoaded, where almost no one believes this project has any future, you just can not leave everything behind and kinda forget about the community that is willing to keep supporting this project and the team. 
It is a massive insult for those who still playing this even with a low number of players and more in specific the ones that still spending money here.
At this point you can come with all the apologies, will not be accepted at least by me until some serious work comes out and really shows to us where this project is currently

Edited by Krapler
  • Like 6

No release dates for anything?

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. 

• Like 4

Also, zero information on why you refuse to ban players who openly livestream cheating. All you do is delete posts discussing it. Do you want your game to be represented cheaters? Is that your target audience?

Edited by BlatMan
  • Like 1

So:

• No talk of what'll happen to the UI (scaleform + kismet is a mess),

• No talk of the ability to ship updates faster in form of new content (main reason engine update was supposed to happen),

• No talk about whether this 1.3x version allows you to create new content in form of maps, clothing, vehicles etc. (Can you even go over the speed limit in this 64bit APB?)

• No update on whether to tackle anything gameplay related (weapon balance, mod balance, car handling, RIOT, mission adjustments, spot adjustments on maps which have been requested for years and just died)

• What about the horrendous designer, symbol issues and model issues that this game is plagued with since the beginning?

• What about tracers? 

All I'm seeing is a missed train, that's long gone, trying to capitalize on hope.

What exactly did you tell us that's new? You haven't said a single new thing which wasn't known till know, an update is supposed to deliver SOMETHING NEW. Or do you consider switching back to a previous, horrendous anticheat an update? If so, then you've succeeded.

Edited by yourrandomnobody74
  • Like 3