Sign in to follow this  
TheSquigg

Unnecessary New Weapon Suggestion

DISCLAMER: Before you get butthurt about another new content thread read the second paragraph.

I just woke up from a nap and a thought crossed my mind... Why don't we have CROSSBOWS! While it would be kind of derpy I could image a very unique high-risk high reward playstyle with this weapon, without making it a one shot to kill weapon it could be similar in damage to the HVR SD or the DMR even with less accuracy at longer ranges and a slightly higher RoF maybe coming from the developer with the quirky caption "NEW! From Agrotech the A-PO (Agrotech Primitive Ordinance) This crossbow designed for fanatics of medieval weaponry is equipped with a patented five round clip. Do just go wild, go PRIMAL!" It could maybe even be functionally similar to the Dog Ear with just a lower clip capacity and slightly more damage. I'm not super amazing at balancing or understanding how to balance a weapon. It's just a fun and wild design that I could see making it into APB as part of maybe a "Country Pack" giving us Flannel Tops, Lumberjack hats, normal MALE OVERALLS. You know the kind of stuff stereotypical Rednecks wear.

Before the "WE NEED TO FIX THE ENGINE BEFORE WE ADD MORE CONTENT" ... YES... I know... it's just something fun to throw out there and get some thoughts on if the game actually gets fixed as I'm hoping LO can do for us, content especially new and fresh ideas besides just reskinning guns and calling it brilliant, will be needed.

(maybe even instead of lumberjack we just get a pack of medieval clothing and other gear and the crossbow, Bucket helmets, Tunics, Chainmail, etc... and don't say it doesn't make sense... Does anything in San Paro make sense? Enforcers? Criminals as obvious as they are? People living in the city yet? It's over the top for the sake of being over the top and that is why it's so unique.)

Crossbows have been suggested before along with bow and arrows.

In real life the national guard would be deployed with marshal law, But it's a game so I'm sorry if Enforcers Vs Criminals may not make sense to you for some reason, mediveil armour does not fit the theme of San Paro with gangers and bounty hunters.

I did read your post and I'm sorry but while I want new content as much as the next person, I won't want APB to go on a heading like Fortnite.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:32 PM, VickyFox said:

Crossbows have been suggested before along with bow and arrows.

In real life the national guard would be deployed with marshal law, But it's a game so I'm sorry if Enforcers Vs Criminals may not make sense to you for some reason, mediveil armour does not fit the theme of San Paro with gangers and bounty hunters.

I did read your post and I'm sorry but while I want new content as much as the next person, I won't want APB to go on a heading like Fortnite.

I forgot I even made this topic, clearly you don't get sarcasm or sh*tposting. VR headsets, Cat Ears and a russian made amphibious rifle being used exclusively on dry land, a rocket launcher that rear loads 2 rockets, cars blowing up from bullets in non explodable parts, post apocalyptic car kits, heart shaped pupils, or the ability to seemlessly remove tattos and you want to throw "it doesn't fit" into a topic for a crossbow? frankly yes it would fit, a aussie or redneck contact would look very in place holding it and as far as reality since you decided to throw that in crossbow would be very effect in an urban environment being they have long range like a rifle but are shorter and can be hidden easier, while they are wider granted. 

Also i never said enforcer and criminal made no sense, I said it's over the top... We have a king crown in the game should that be removed cause it doesn't fit an urban area? or how bout removing the parka since San Paro is clearly a south Californian city thematically and you'd probably get heat stroke in about five minutes if you wore one in reality. APB was weird and over the top well before Fortnite was even a concept sketch, the only over the top unhinged and ungrounded crime game that even comes close to apb is the Saints Row games (excluding 4 as that went from 0-100000000 on the weirdness scale). 

Lemme say this, I intended just a stupid one off post but you act like it wouldn't fit, when really it would each contact has a very quirky and unique aura about them and getting one with a severe redneck complex or one obsessed with knights and stuff would just be par for the coarse. Frankly APB would lean a more redneck like one however. Basically you say you read my post but while you say that a focal point was the medieval part which was an after thought, where my initial thought was hick/redneck/lumberjack stuff. 

Really idc, i've just nothing better to do at this moment in time and analyzing your post was quite entertaining thank you for that, have a nice life!