DDR3 1333 CL9

BaseEngine.ini

THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES (+20-30FPS)

bUseTextureStreaming=False
bUseLightingTextureStreaming=False

UnStreamAllTextures=True

Reduced stutters + more stable FPS

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=120

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb= Value based on your RAM divided by 2 (4gb=2, 8gb=4..)

MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC= Go to the logs and open the latest one and look for "objects as part of root set at end of initial load" That should be your value

SizeOfPermanentObjectPool= Go to the logs and open the latest one and look for "bytes used by permanent object" That should be your value. Someone said that is should be double the value, but i am not sure if they meant the one in logs or default one. So you should try both.

PrimitiveProbablyVisibleTime = 0.25

nDrawSharedOptimisationMode=8

PoolSize= Match this to your GPU VRAM in MB (1GB=1024MB)

HysteresisLimit=0

UseTextureFileCache=True

ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold= Match this to your CPU physical cores, someone said it should be your physical cores -2, so try both

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False

Improved surround

MaxChannels=128

TimeBetweenHWUpdates=1

Custom time of day

DefaultGame.ini

m_bConfigInitToD=True
m_nConfigToDHours=0
m_nConfigToDMins=0
m_bConfigToDActive=True

m_nLengthOfDayHours - (Recommended starting value 1000, Higher number = longer time of day)
m_nLengthOfDayMins - (Recommended starting value 0, Higher number = longer time of day)

Just to avoid the confusion, as you increase the value the time will go backwards because you are extending the time of day.
 5 Hours and 30 Minutes is 24 Hour cycle in APB time.

HUD Overhaul

DefaultEngine.ini

APBGame/Config/DefaultEngine.ini (Example of turning certain part of HUD off:  ;;+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Challenges" ;unused)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Reticule" (Removes crosshair and hitmarks)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Group" (Removes group member list on top left)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_TaskMarkers" (Removes group, leader, personal, mission waypoints and group members)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Usables" (Removes consumables and usable icons)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Challenges" (Removes fight club challenges)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_DailyActivities" (Removes daily activities)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Heat" (Removes Notoriety icon in top left corner)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses=APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Clock" (Removes clock)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_InfoBrowser" (Removes Reticule Hints)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_APBImages" (Removes threat icon next to player name)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Cash" (Removes cash)

+GlobalDataStoreClasses="APBUserInterface.cUIDataStore_HUD_Radar" (Removes radar)

Fully turn off cache

DefaultGame.ini

m_bCalculateOnServer=False

DefaultEngine.ini

m_bUseDiskCache=False

IMPORTANT: Load up the game, connect to your Character and then change m_iMaxDeferredRequests=2>0 and save it. You can connect to the district after that. m_iMaxDeferredRequests must be 2 until you connect to your character, so make sure you put it back to 2 after exiting the game.

BUG FIXES

1. White characters and crashes caused by bUseTextureStreaming=False (Fixed)

DefaultEngine.ini

m_bUseDiskCache=False

2. Crashes caused by MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC or SizeOfPermanentObjectPool (possible solution the same as above, use both just in case)

Increasing these values in apbcompat.ini seems to fix the issue (video quality1, hwcompat1, hwcompat2 and hwcompat3)

nMaxMemoryCacheEntryCount

MaxMemoryUsedByTextureStreaming
MaxMemoryUsedByTexturePool
MaxMemoryUsedByMeshStreaming

3. Ran out of memory 

DefaultGame.ini

m_bCalculateOnServer=False

DefaultEngine.ini

m_bUseDiskCache=False

IMPORTANT: Load up the game, connect to your Character and then change m_iMaxDeferredRequests=2>0 and save it. You can connect to the district after that. m_iMaxDeferredRequests must be 2 until you connect to your character, so make sure you put it back to 2 after exiting the game.

4. General Protection Fault

1-Install all things from TPI and _CommonRedist folders

2-create a copy not shortcut of cudart.dll and rename the copy to physxcudart_20.dll

3-if it still still happens install latest Physx from Nvidia https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/physx/physx-9-19-0218-driver/.

SOURCES  (For anyone that wants to experiment themselves. There are more, will update when I find them)

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/game-hitches-gc-mark-time/308039

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Nu7qreW8J6IJ:https://kenk.digital/APB%20Modding/APB%20Command%20Line%20Arguments/Startup%20Arguments.txt+&cd=10&hl=tr&ct=clnk&gl=tr

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Engine:Unreal_Engine_3

https://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/828939163905451283/

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/ue3-4-gaming-optimisations/td-p/254958

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3ax6wq/arkham_knight_possible_fix_could_you_guys_let/

https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/roengine-ini-tweak-guide-confirmed-improvement.66531/

https://sites.google.com/site/kennyphmtera/home/reupload---easy-fix-it-guide-to-99-of-techy-gaming-problems

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/5953-still-need-a-fix-on-this-please/

https://nya.zone/files/APB/Misc/Turn off cache and ragdoll.txt

https://tera-online-guides.blogspot.com/2013/05/full-break-down-of-s1engineini.html - breakdown of APBCompat.ini and some parts of BaseEngine.ini

https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE3:Engine_internal_variables_(UT3) - another breakdown

Edited by jmiIos
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, jmiIos said:

PEOPLE OF APB AM HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT ENGINE UPGRADE JUST WENT LIVE 30+fps with this simple fix

BaseEngine.ini

THE MOST IMPORTANT ONES (+25-30FPS)

bUseTextureStreaming=False
bUseLightingTextureStreaming=False

Reduced stutters + more stable FPS

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=120

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb= Value based on your RAM divided by 2 (4gb=2, 8gb=4..)

MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC= Go to the logs and open the latest one and look for "objects as part of root set at end of initial load" That should be your value

SizeOfPermanentObjectPool= Go to the logs and open the latest one and look for "bytes used by permanent object" That should be your value. Someone said that is should be double the value, but i am not sure if they meant the one in logs or default one. So you should try both.

PrimitiveProbablyVisibleTime = 0.25

PoolSize= Match this to your GPU VRAM in MB (1GB=1024MB)

HysteresisLimit=0

UseTextureFileCache=True

ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold= Match this to your CPU physical cores, someone said it should be your physical cores -2, so try both

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=False

Possible 145 sliding fix (might not be actually related to 145 fps)

bSmoothFrameRate=False ///make sure to remove ; in front

Improved virtual surround

MaxChannels=128

TimeBetweenHWUpdates=1

I will update with more if i am allowed to, I am not sure if even this will be allowed

You are allowed to change the .ini

You are not really changing anything here, you are Basically using the ini to improve the experience.

You are not allowed to change textures, shaders, etc.
That will get you banned rather quickly.

Everyone who is going to try this, you should probably backup your BaseEngine.ini before saving as this is causing lots of crashes and other undesirable side effects.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Everyone who is going to try this, you should probably backup your BaseEngine.ini before saving as this is causing lots of crashes and other undesirable side effects.

Crashes seem to be related to "SizeOfPermanentObjectPool"

I think the solution is increasing this in apbcompat

nMaxMemoryCacheEntryCount=

MaxMemoryUsedByTextureStreaming=
MaxMemoryUsedByTexturePool=
MaxMemoryUsedByMeshStreaming=

its probably just one of these values, but I am not sure which one yet. I have them all maxed out and I don't have crashes

Edited by jmiIos

3 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

You are allowed to change the .ini

You are not really changing anything here, you are Basically using the ini to improve the experience.

You are not allowed to change textures, shaders, etc.
That will get you banned rather quickly.

no you won't get banned for shaders, sound, etc since there is no file checks only way you'd get banned is if someone recorded/livestreamed and manually sent a video of the gameplay to support

8 hours ago, MonkaS said:

no you won't get banned for shaders, sound, etc since there is no file checks only way you'd get banned is if someone recorded/livestreamed and manually sent a video of the gameplay to support

Atm you don't get banned for recording yourself using cheats. LO are too incompetent to notice 180 snaps or ignore the reports entirely.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Atm you don't get banned

Cuz there Is no Support. No Matt so LO is out of business. Only thing I've seen in a year is a couple forum volunteers,

which astonishes me that this post is legit, but I get banged for changing my forum name/running a second forum name solely because matt is rude n wont show up n I'm about to get real mean in-game because of him, and I didn't want to soil the Good Guy name. 

But here this guy is telling u to alter files and showing u how in forum, which to my knowledge any alteration with the exception of the approved cofigs is bannable in game and in forum. 

Then Ya know, Most peps run an ez 100fps or at least 60fp if you running a gtx.

If your pc was capable of higher fps u would get em, you follow these instructions, U better have decent hardware n know what your doing.

U either gonna burn your graph card or blow your monitor, end up with 'RunAway-Clocks' n Pop a Core.

I would also suggest if you are going to do this, to please check smoke alarm battery an place smoke alarm over your pc or gaming area.

This way U will know the exact moment that your pc catches Fire n U will know dat u phuctup 😭

2 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

Cuz there Is no Support. No Matt so LO is out of business. Only thing I've seen in a year is a couple forum volunteers,

which astonishes me that this post is legit, but I get banged for changing my forum name/running a second forum name solely because matt is rude n wont show up n I'm about to get real mean in-game because of him, and I didn't want to soil the Good Guy name. 

But here this guy is telling u to alter files and showing u how in forum, which to my knowledge any alteration with the exception of the approved cofigs is bannable in game and in forum. 

Then Ya know, Most peps run an ez 100fps or at least 60fp if you running a gtx.

If your pc was capable of higher fps u would get em, you follow these instructions, U better have decent hardware n know what your doing.

U either gonna burn your graph card or blow your monitor, end up with 'RunAway-Clocks' n Pop a Core.

I would also suggest if you are going to do this, to please check smoke alarm battery an place smoke alarm over your pc or gaming area.

This way U will know the exact moment that your pc catches Fire n U will know dat u phuctup 😭

There is a support team. and if you have any issues they will tell you to fuck off and/or threaten a ban. does it matter what you need help with? lol nope!

• Like 1

now we just need players to test all these settings out.

Great post. gonna need to read through all the sources though

On 7/30/2022 at 9:17 PM, jmiIos said:

while having the garbage collection related thing added completely got rid of garbage collection stutters until I crashed 1h and 30min later in WF. But pretty sure the reason I crashed was because I accidentally opened my inventory too many times in few seconds. Crashed while doing it.

nah, the game crashes when GC reaches 3.5gb 

Added bug fixes, it should work fine them. Idk about AMD gpus, still need more people to test