Sign in to follow this  
hotbot

Clans and APB Reloaded

I haven't seen anything on this forum regarding clans specifically, and I think that it's really important that progress is made towards this area in the game.       

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGuR8SO9xk

In RTWs vision of the game (seen from the trailer above) having your crew was just as integral as creating your character. In the current version of the game, the clan system at best is a supplement for the titles and serves almost zero purpose. APB is an MMO and clans and guilds are always a huge part of MMOs. I think Little Orbit can do a lot of good for APB by making clans relevant again. 

As of right now theres a few small things that could be included to add some usability to the current clan system. Clan leaderboards were already in place during RTW and measured things such as Kill/death ratios, mission win/loss ratios, mission win streaks, total kills and total missions won. At the end of the week rewards would be sent to the clan members that included things like vehicles and weapone. This system could easily be brought back and instead of weapons and cars little orbit could just distribute things like Joker Tickets and maybe a skin if you're able to maintain your position for a month or longer. 

On on top of that I feel as though clan leaderboards should be separated in terms of leagues by member count. That way a clan that has high entry barriers with only 30 members won't get constantly out preformed by a clan that sits at 150 members. Having functioning clans also promote a more healthy attitude towards the playerbase. Players will be more likely to join up with other players and it's hard to argue this game is more fun solo than it is with a pre-made group. 

Down the road, adding things like clan housing or even just a VIP area in social for top clans could be something that would promote it even further. Even clan organized fight club matches could be worked out down the road and large clan v clan arranged matches could be fun as well.

• Like 1

I know this is a double post but I wanted to just make another point. In the past any events G1 has done regarding clans has always breathed some life and fresh population into this game without fail

I approve this, we need more notoriety for clans in-game, a ranking to see who's the best clan, make clans earn points by players winning missions.
And provide rewards that you can unlock leveling up your clan (Maybe).
-Being able to make your own clan weapon skins would be amazing.apb_weapon_customization_by_uicandy-d42f
As it was planned long ago.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Like 1

Having a clan weapon skin would be a good reward for bigger clan events that happen every couple of months

3 hours ago, hotbot said:

Having a clan weapon skin would be a good reward for bigger clan events that happen every couple of months

I'd make it the only the clan leader (or some ranks) can design custom clan weapons, and that there can be only 1 custom skin per weapon, when clan reaches X level.
And maybe make that members have to buy/unlock stuff in clan with clan points or something.