Sign in to follow this  
OmikronOverload

Unreal Engine 5 APB Concept

10 hours ago, Goabea said:

Stop using someone else's IP to promote your shit.

Make your own shit and promote that. APB has no value to it's name.

We can either wait to get APB never released or we can make our own, there is n o promotion here. We only want to let people know that there are people willing to recreate and take actions.

22 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

We can either wait to get APB never released or we can make our own, there is n o promotion here. We only want to let people know that there are people willing to recreate and take actions.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not capable of making APB in any reasonable amount of time.

So far you've taken 3 weeks to make something that would take most 3D artists 20 minutes to make. 

Since APB took a bunch of talented people 5 years to make, if you stay at your current rate, you'll be done in 7,000+ years.

Even if you speed up, the moment you get anywhere close to release the IP holder of APB can just sue you and force you to close down.

Doesn't sound worth it to me.

1 hour ago, StunStick said:

Не поймите неправильно, но вы не способны делать APB в разумные сроки.

До сих пор вам потребовалось 3 недели, чтобы сделать то, на что у большинства 3D-художников ушло бы 20 минут. 

Поскольку на создание APB у группы талантливых людей ушло 5 лет, если вы останетесь в своем нынешнем темпе, вы закончите через 7000 с лишним лет.

Даже если вы ускоритесь, в тот момент, когда вы приблизитесь к освобождению владельца интеллектуальной собственности APB, он может просто подать на вас в суд и заставить вас закрыться.

Мне кажется, оно того не стоит.

Wrong opinion, in those years on Alpha UE3 everything was programmed in C ++ and then a lot of resources were required, as well as development costs. Now there are other technologies that speed up the process. Here is an example Customizing a character. The meaning of his work is applying alpha masks in layers through the "render target" with the use of a "virtual texture" which is then mixed with the main one. This texture is then mapped onto the character itself via a UV map using a planar or cylindrical projection. This can be done without programming code using "Blueprint" without C++ programming. The new engine has a lot of possibilities, you just need to know it a little and imagine how it will work.
If you don’t feel like developing all this to the engine, there is already a plug-in that will recreate the same customization, pay for the license and build locations for the already customized project ahead.
Link to the plugin I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEEw-iGwldg

10 hours ago, StunStick said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not capable of making APB in any reasonable amount of time.

So far you've taken 3 weeks to make something that would take most 3D artists 20 minutes to make. 

Since APB took a bunch of talented people 5 years to make, if you stay at your current rate, you'll be done in 7,000+ years.

Even if you speed up, the moment you get anywhere close to release the IP holder of APB can just sue you and force you to close down.

Doesn't sound worth it to me.

I know im wont make the perfect replica or get anywhere close to it.

Those 3 weeks were spent with no prior knowledge of either unreal engine or 3d modelling, i would say thats quite the progress. You are comparing a dog to an elephant.

How will they sue me if i dont even use any of their assets, use any of their code, textures and anything but Inspiration.
You cant just sue anyone whos Inspired by your work just because you feel like it. ABAP is a programming language by the way if you meant the similarity between those lines.
You are making it look like as if im stealing something that doesnt belong to me.

Thats not worth it no, i just do it for fun and the experience.

Cheers Overload

Oh ,i almost forgot, i dont even want to remake that city anymore.
It felt way to boring so im making my own ;).

Edited by OmikronOverload
tsupid

14 hours ago, StunStick said:

game mechanics cant be copyrighted afaik, so as long as no names or assets from apb are used, theres no basis for a lawsuit

On 7/30/2022 at 11:29 PM, glaciers said:

game mechanics cant be copyrighted afaik, so as long as no names or assets from apb are used, theres no basis for a lawsuit

The title of this post is literally "unreal engine 5 APB concept" and in the post I quoted, OP said he's trying to recreate APB to show little orbit that people will take action. Sounds like admission of trying to make a game with the IP (that he doesn't own) to me.

Just like how you can't legally make a Pokémon game without permission even if everything is new.

Merged.

On 7/30/2022 at 10:40 AM, KubanHyena said:

Wrong opinion, in those years on Alpha UE3 everything was programmed in C ++ and then a lot of resources were required, as well as development costs. Now there are other technologies that speed up the process. Here is an example Customizing a character. The meaning of his work is applying alpha masks in layers through the "render target" with the use of a "virtual texture" which is then mixed with the main one. This texture is then mapped onto the character itself via a UV map using a planar or cylindrical projection. This can be done without programming code using "Blueprint" without C++ programming. The new engine has a lot of possibilities, you just need to know it a little and imagine how it will work.
If you don’t feel like developing all this to the engine, there is already a plug-in that will recreate the same customization, pay for the license and build locations for the already customized project ahead.
Link to the plugin I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEEw-iGwldg

What OP has shown (at least from what I can see) is essentially all art, but I see your point.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:35 AM, StunStick said:

What OP has shown (at least from what I can see) is essentially all art, but I see your point.

Thank you for sharing my point of view. With such opportunities and a team with funding, LO could have created a new APB for a long time, but for some reason this is not happening. It took a maximum of 2 years to develop the game... So about the art, I didn't use a plug-in for my project, but created the customization system myself. This is how the working principle looks like.

Merged.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:35 AM, StunStick said:

Catomization system in my UE4 project

Merged.

Now I transfer all the developments to UE5, if you didn’t see in the last post how it looks on the new generation, I’ll repeat myself a little.

45 minutes ago, KubanHyena said:

Now I transfer all the developments to UE5, if you didn’t see in the last post how it looks on the new generation, I’ll repeat myself a little.

One person doing all this shows how much LO could've done if they actually put work into APB.

1 hour ago, ZoriaDunne said:

One person doing all this shows how much LO could've done if they actually put work into APB.

Thank you for your understanding! I also write music for the game myself =D she plays in the video, I have a lot of albums from different years, which clearly fit the urban style. If you are interested, you can get acquainted with me on the page of the Russian Social networks.
https://vk.com/dmusic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KubanHyena said:

Thank you for your understanding! I also write music for the game myself =D she plays in the video, I have a lot of albums from different years, which clearly fit the urban style. If you are interested, you can get acquainted with me on the page of the Russian Social networks.
https://vk.com/dmusic

Thank you for sharing your Content!
I am also a small Music-Producer, i am also sounddesigning a lot in my free time. Most things i do in Serum because, its very powerful.
If you need any Sounds for your game, hit me up! I will be glad to help out 😉

On 7/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Weaboos said:

None of the community projects go anywhere

what he said

Sign in to follow this