Sign in to follow this  
OmikronOverload

Unreal Engine 5 APB Concept

Hello everyone!
I am currently working on a First-Person APB ripoff.
Its name is ABAP:Reborn (All Bullets are pointing).
I will share my progress on the game which i am making in this Topic.
First of all i want to state that i do not want to spread false hope but instead inspire people that there is actually someone crazy enough to remake the game we all love.
The whole thing is made in Unreal Engine 4.26 which is basically a precursor to Unreal Engine 5, the code works the same.
Why am i not using Unreal Engine 5, the easiest answer is because its pretty bugged at the moment.

Whats is the current state of the Game?
- Its not something of a game yet, rather a showcase of unfinished buildings.

What can i expect from you and your game?
- Nothing is set in Stone, i want to remake a modern APB in First-Person. Thats all i can say for now.

Why would you make an APB clone?

- Because i am dedicated to my work, and i am also dedicated to the game.

I dont want to spread false hope, i dont want to make myself rich.
I dont want silence anymore, i want actions.
No pay to win bullshoot anymore, only skill based gameplay.
Creative content, and actually something new.

If you still have any Question please put them below, i would love to hear what you have to say.
And please be Honest, i couldnt be more greatful than to have an honest opinion about my plans.

Thanks!
Overload

Merged.

This is my first post showing what i have done so far.

Cheers
Overload

• Like 4

i'd consider divorcing it entirely from apb - no references, no copied assets or art

its better to start clean now than have to go back and change everything (or shut down) once you get hit with a c&d, if your copy ever gets off the ground

19 minutes ago, OmikronOverload said:

The whole thing is made in Unreal Engine 4.26 which is basically a precursor to Unreal Engine 5, the code works the same.
Why am i not using Unreal Engine 5, the easiest answer is because its pretty bugged at the moment.

something something history repeats itself

• Like 3

5 hours ago, glaciers said:

i'd consider divorcing it entirely from apb - no references, no copied assets or art

its better to start clean now than have to go back and change everything (or shut down) once you get hit with a c&d, if your copy ever gets off the ground

something something history repeats itself

Yeah no, i do not copy assets. Im taking references, and making my own.
It might look like APB in some aspects but which company didnt "steal" from another and called it Inspiration.
Something something, my game is dead like APB and im in Jail.

Thank you for your Advice, ill take it into account!

I also wanted to expand the lore and add maps like Mid-Town and because its a few years in the future, it should be more chaotic than the current game.
For example random bots plant a bomb on a bridge, the two fraction have to fight over it.
If criminals win the bridge will break and change the map by blocking the street below(A Special Event appears with a special contactfor criminals).
If the cops win the bridge will not break and change the map(A special Event appears with a special contact for enforcers).

But yeah as you said no copy, no references, no copy art. Same general idea but no stealing.

Edited by OmikronOverload
Forgot something

None of the community projects go anywhere

• Like 3

I'd suggest making a new apb inspired thing, with no assets, names or artistical property that belongs to apb, unless you like lawsuits.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, OmikronOverload said:

Hello everyone!
I am currently working on a First-Person APB ripoff.
Its name is ABAP:Reborn (All Bullets are pointing).
I will share my progress on the game which i am making in this Topic.
First of all i want to state that i do not want to spread false hope but instead inspire people that there is actually someone crazy enough to remake the game we all love.

Whats is the current state of the Game?
- Its not something of a game yet, rather a showcase of unfinished buildings.

What can i expect from you and your game?
- Nothing is set in Stone, i want to remake a modern APB in First-Person. Thats all i can say for now.

Why would you make an APB clone?

- Because i am dedicated to my work, and i am also dedicated to the game.

I dont want to spread false hope, i dont want to make myself rich.
I dont want silence anymore, i want actions.
No pay to win bullshoot anymore, only skill based gameplay.
Creative content, and actually something new.

If you still have any Question please put them below, i would love to hear what you have to say.
And please be Honest, i couldnt be more greatful than to have an honest opinion about my plans.

Thanks!
Overload

Merged.

This is my first post showing what i have done so far.

Cheers
Overload

That's cool, but better to make a full original game inspired in APB. Would be cool to see indie devs coming together to make what APB should've been.

• Like 1

good luck .. wouldn't say this is anything like apb

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive responses so far.

Ill try my best to make an inspired apb game.
I dont like lawsuits, no.
I know it all looks awful right now, there is no code yet other than the Character Model.
My goal is to always be 100% Honest with everyone following my projects.

We will have to see if we are going third-person, first-person or both. But i would suggest its better that we agree on one of both.
Im going to have to see what the first responses on the Alpha are going to be like.

I want to see an APB like game in a modern engine, thats my goal.
Inspired Gameplay, and inspired city and lore.
Vehicles, Weapons, Clothes, Sounds, Assets, Effects, Graphics will be all Handmade and not Stolen.
I give all Respect to Realtime Worlds for coming up with APB, and giant Respects to Reloaded Productions, they made 2 Awesome games.

Thats all for now.

See you guys in a few days with some more Progress.
Cheers

Overload

3 hours ago, Senkrecht said:

This is not even a 2 Min. Progress 😬 

What do you mean?
I never said i was a year into Development.

I started 3 weeks ago. 😂

2 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

What do you mean?
I never said i was a year into Development.

I started 3 weeks ago. 😂

You take 2 much time for this. I make this under 20min. 🤣

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Senkrecht said:

20 minutes?

I did all that while reading your comment.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

20 minutes?

I did all that while reading your comment.

No you diden't 🤡

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, Senkrecht said:

Obviously you can make that in 20 Minutes, i would love to see your solution.
You have to create the mesh, fix your Normals, apply UV´s, create textures. import it into ue4, choose collisions, reapply textures cause blender doesnt support colored texture export, place everything, scale it, test it.
I want to see you model this scene in/under 20 Minutes with correct UV´s and normals.
Oh and also it should run smooth, so be careful with your Vertices and vertex placement.

Good Luck 😉

Edited by OmikronOverload
tsupid

14 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

Obviously you can make that in 20 Minutes, i would love to see your solution.
You have to create the mesh, fix your Normals, apply UV´s, create textures. import it into ue4, choose collisions, reapply textures cause blender doesnt support colored texture export, place everything, scale it, test it.
I want to see you model this scene in/under 20 Minutes with correct UV´s and normals.
Oh and also it should run smooth, so be careful with your Vertices and vertex placement.

Good Luck 😉

You don't generally need to fix normals if you modelled correctly in the first place.

Also, structures like this are very easy to UV unwrap and model. Organic shapes like people are where that gets hard.

And why would you need to optimize meshes this simple, you shouldn't need millions of polygons to make this

17 hours ago, StunStick said:

You don't generally need to fix normals if you modelled correctly in the first place.

Also, structures like this are very easy to UV unwrap and model. Organic shapes like people are where that gets hard.

And why would you need to optimize meshes this simple, you shouldn't need millions of polygons to make this

Correct. Things like that happen very often, so check your normals.

Correct, Organic shapes are more complicated to UV unwrap. 

Simple terms, performance. The more poligons, the more computational cost on your CPU. If you want accurate Texture Blending, more Polygons would be the way.

On 18.07.2022 at 11:56, OmikronOverload said:

Всем привет!
В настоящее время я работаю над плагиатом APB от первого лица.
Его имя ABAP: Reborn (все пули указывают).
В этой теме я буду делиться своим прогрессом в игре, которую я делаю.
Прежде всего, я хочу заявить, что я не хочу сеять ложную надежду, а вместо этого вдохновляю людей тем, что на самом деле есть кто-то достаточно сумасшедший, чтобы переделать игру, которую мы все любим.
Все это сделано в Unreal Engine 4.26, который в основном является предшественником Unreal Engine 5, код работает так же.
Почему я не использую Unreal Engine 5? Самый простой ответ — потому что на данный момент в нем довольно много ошибок.

Каково текущее состояние игры?
- Это пока не игра, а скорее витрина недостроенных зданий.

Что я могу ожидать от вас и вашей игры?
- Ничего не установлено в камне, я хочу переделать современный APB от первого лица. Это все, что я могу сказать на данный момент.

Зачем делать клон APB?

- Потому что я предан своей работе, а еще я предан игре.

Я не хочу сеять ложную надежду, я не хочу разбогатеть.
Я больше не хочу тишины, я хочу действий.
Больше не нужно платить за победу в буллшуте, только геймплей, основанный на навыках.
Креативный контент, а на самом деле что-то новое.

Если у вас все еще есть какие-либо вопросы, пожалуйста, задайте их ниже, я хотел бы услышать, что вы хотите сказать.
И, пожалуйста, будьте честными, я не мог бы быть более благодарным, чем иметь честное мнение о своих планах.

Спасибо!
Перегрузка

Объединено.

Это мой первый пост, показывающий, что я сделал до сих пор.

Ура
перегрузка

I am also developing a game in the style of APB, but not as unrelated to the game. As I understand it, you took the project "ALSv4" as a basis. This basis is not bad, the same used this basis, but then abandoned it.
UE 4.27 (ALSv4):
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/jZHM/ckxugatmJ
UE 5.0 (Lyra):
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Y5ad/RTgPxnBD5

I think the difference between UE4 and UE5 is visible.

Just now, KubanHyena said:

I am also developing a game in the style of APB, but not as unrelated to the game. As I understand it, you took the project "ALSv4" as a basis. This basis is not bad, the same used this basis, but then abandoned it.
UE 4.27 (ALSv4):
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/jZHM/ckxugatmJ
UE 5.0 (Lyra):
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Y5ad/RTgPxnBD5

I think the difference between UE4 and UE5 is visible.

I didnt even know what that is xd
I dont watch any other people or use theirs because there is a high capability that i will be quickly demotivated seeing that they have done something cool which i cant  or havent done.
Your game looks pretty cool so far, keep going.
The difference is Obvious yeah 🙂

My proposition is that you use ChaosVehicles for handling car physics.
Also if you wanna hang out, or talk about different stuff we can surely figure things out.
Im open minded about Helping anyone starting with UE4.26/27.

1 hour ago, OmikronOverload said:

Я даже не знал, что это такое xd.
Я не смотрю других людей и не использую их, потому что есть высокая вероятность того, что я буду быстро демотивирован, увидев, что они сделали что-то классное, чего я не могу или не сделал.
Ваша игра пока выглядит довольно круто, продолжайте в том же духе.
Разница очевидна да🙂

Я предлагаю вам использовать ChaosVehicles для управления физикой автомобилей.
Также, если вы хотите пообщаться или поговорить о разных вещах, мы обязательно во всем разберемся.
Я открыт для помощи всем, кто начинает с UE4.26/27.

Thank you, I already tried to use "ChaosVehicles", there was an experience of using it. Now the most important priority is character customization. Tattoos and stickers, the last thing I'm doing is modeling clothes for the character in Blender, sharpen all the vertices to the ideal state so that there are no gaps during the animation. For a couple of hours, I made sneakers and jeans in my clothing base. Everything works perfectly.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/mVXW/CdNPjfqdi

10 minutes ago, OmikronOverload said:

Awesome, keep it up 😉

I will try, thanks! xD.

Stop using someone else's IP to promote your shit.

Make your own shit and promote that. APB has no value to it's name.

1 hour ago, Goabea said:

Yarkiy primer togo chto LO mozhet sozdatʹ igru imeya iskhodnyy kod kastomizatsii po tipu plagina "Atico" kotoryy ispolʹzuyet·sya v tom zhe PUBG i APB(V APB on sozdan raneye na C++ dlya UE). Prosto primer o tom, chto odin chelovek ne sponsiruya proyekt mozhet sozdatʹ derʹmo kak vy govorite.

A vivid example of the fact that LO can create a game with a customization source code like the "Atico" plugin that is used in the same PUBG and APB (In APB it was created earlier in C ++ for UE). Just an example of how one person not sponsoring a project can create crap like you say.

Merged.

1 hour ago, Goabea said:

Sorry.
A vivid example of the fact that LO can create a game with a customization source code like the "Atico" plugin that is used in the same PUBG and APB (In APB it was created earlier in C ++ for UE). Just an example of how one person not sponsoring a project can create crap like you say.

Sign in to follow this