ninjarrrr

this is where LO has been

On 7/15/2022 at 6:15 PM, MrChan said:

NFTs are some of the worst shit in gaming and internet culture.

And as mentioned above, you're late to the NFT party lads.

I beg to differ. There is at this point no game worthwhile (much less on Unreal Engine or comparable) utilizing Crypto Currencies and NFTs to their actual capacity. That said, i agree that LO is probably not going to be the company that will change this. If they wanted they could have taken steps to put APB on such a crypto economy with legendary weapons, clothing, weapon skins, symbols, etc. as NFTs and APB$ as exchange-traded crypto currency.

Also great name choice LO, "STFU" is about the best name abbreviation one could imagine.

Edited by Sniperturtle

12 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

I beg to differ. There is at this point no game worthwhile (much less on Unreal Engine or comparable) utilizing Crypto Currencies and NFTs to their actual capacity. That said, i agree that LO is probably not going to be the company that will change this. If they wanted they could have taken steps to put APB on such a crypto economy with legendary weapons, clothing, weapon skins, symbols, etc. as NFTs and APB$ as exchange-traded crypto currency.

Also great name choice LO, "STFU" is about the best name abbreviation one could imagine.

yeah because nobody thinks NFTS/crypto are a scam to begin with, look what happened with ubisoft and with gsc game world's stalker 2. nobody wants NFTS there is a huge backlash

Hi all,

I'm going to ask that you reserve judgment on STFU.

We have a slew of information and articles coming out that will explain our "Web 2.5" hybrid approach.

I'm tempted to remove the word "NFT" from anything connected with STFU, because they have such a bad reputation.
STFU is a big experiment, but we're well aware of the market. It's would be folly to try and do what everyone else is doing.

We have no interest in creating meaningless assets to make a quick buck.
I am very interested in establishing clear ownership of content created by players so they can earn real revenue from it - if they want it.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We have a slew of information and articles coming out that will explain our "Web 2.5" hybrid approach.

I'm tempted to remove the word "NFT" from anything connected with STFU, because they have such a bad reputation.
STFU is a big experiment, but we're well aware of the market. It's would be folly to try and do what everyone else is doing.

I am very interested in establishing clear ownership of content created by players so they can earn real revenue from it - if they want it.

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

look we can see how well "experimenting" with apb has gone so far, its time for you to just admit that apb is curtains ie the show is over and the game is done for. the fact your new game is called "stfu" (hilarious) tells me all i need to know never mind the nft's lol. i trust my judgement that STFU will flop harder than apb.

EDIT please look at this matt

unknown.png?width=897&height=438

unknown.png?width=938&height=437

Edited by ninjarrrr

19 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

look we can see how well "experimenting" with apb has gone so far, its time for you to just admit that apb is curtains ie the show is over and the game is done for. the fact your new game is called "stfu" (hilarious) tells me all i need to know never mind the nft's lol. i trust my judgement that STFU will flop harder than apb.

EDIT please look at this matt

unknown.png?width=897&height=438

unknown.png?width=938&height=437

I will never understand why this Community is so Toxic, no one even wants your Toxic patootie in here anyway. Matt just doing his Job to get his Company running, like everyone just needs to step down like 5 gears and get into reverse, holy crap...

@ninjarrrr Those are only 2 of the 7 total reviews on glassdoor, making it look worse than it actually is by only citing the negative ones. If you're going to do this, at least reference where to find the source so that people can make informed decisions.

We're all pretty mad with LO, but toxicity is not going to get you what you want this time. 

2 hours ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

@ninjarrrr Those are only 2 of the 7 total reviews on glassdoor, making it look worse than it actually is by only citing the negative ones. If you're going to do this, at least reference where to find the source so that people can make informed decisions.

We're all pretty mad with LO, but toxicity is not going to get you what you want this time. 

the majority of those reviews are before LO purchased APB, i'm showing those reviews because they give in insight in what shithouse LO is currently in, the non payment of contractors make sense considering matt supposedly hired someone to help work on the engine upgrade.

in my opinion the those others review are irrelevant because they are before LO decided to do AAA games and were a bargain bin company

On 8/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, ninjarrrr said:

the majority of those reviews are before LO purchased APB, i'm showing those reviews because they give in insight in what shithouse LO is currently in, the non payment of contractors make sense considering matt supposedly hired someone to help work on the engine upgrade.

in my opinion the those others review are irrelevant because they are before LO decided to do AAA games and were a bargain bin company

Fair point. The reviews you took are post-purchase of APB, making them remain relevant to your point. Sources are still appreciated though. Regardless, you've shown that LO is in a bit of a kerfuffle (at least at the time of writing those reviews, who are we to say the company hasn't changed? Then again, there isn't much reason to believe it has) so that does seem to explain some of what is going on with APB & LO. 

However, i believe that even if they were not in that situation, they still would not be very motivated to work on APB. After all, just look how their previous updates were received; majority of the community responded negatively (and that's putting it lightly). To find what the community wants through actual feedback requires a lot of sifting through toxic and / or pointless banter, which takes a lot of time that could be spent working on more features. 

I feel that a solution to the communication problem, at least, would be to have a representative for the voice of the community (Like Kempington was). Problem is, we barely have any big figures in the community anymore (at least none that i know of that are active anymore). 

And what about the problem with the company itself? What do you think the solution would be to solve that?     

1 hour ago, Clumsyhunt3R said:

And what about the problem with the company itself? What do you think the solution would be to solve that?     

depends what problem you are talking about, imo there is so many things wrong with LO at this point the only solution i can think of would be shutting APB down, like i've mentioned many times before.  especially if they aren't motivated to work on this game as you've said, the constant lack of updates and silence from LO are reminiscent of traits from gamersfirst, which is why i've taken a more toxic stance towards matt.

On 8/6/2022 at 2:06 AM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

In my opinion, don't let the bad reputation get to STFU, Be an exemple instead, STFU is gonna be a unique game that makes good use of blockchain technology, STFU is gonna have a different type of community with it, and no matter how hard you try, someone's not gonna like it, keep STFU true to itself, if it uses NFT's then say it, keeping things obscure are gonna scare people away when they learn about it.

If the underlying technology is the same, it doesn't matter how you call it, really.

• Like 1

NFTs/crypto is a scam/money laundering, kinda lame that APB is associated to that

• Like 3

On 9/1/2022 at 5:02 PM, FakeBungo said:

NFTs/crypto is a scam/money laundering, kinda lame that APB is associated to that

Hey, wanna buy my Tasty Burger rare NFT?

hahaha this game is so bad even at 0:42 the trailer lags ayy lmao

Edited by ninjarrrr

42 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

[video]

every clip of actual pov gameplay has fps lag, truly crazy they'd put this video out lol

10 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

Looks like a mobile game maybe they recorded it on a phone

On 8/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, MattScott said:

Honestly coming back to the forums to read this was the funniest thing i've read in awhile.  Good Meme Matt.  Good Meme.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 6:03 AM, ninjarrrr said:

So how does this have worse FPS than APB?

On 8/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

we been selling "NFT"s for real money for years in APB. themes, customization, clothing etc... maybe you could just modernize apb and make it legal and not against the tos.

On 9/5/2022 at 2:11 AM, Motorola said:

we been selling "NFT"s for real money for years in APB. themes, customization, clothing etc... maybe you could just modernize apb and make it legal and not against the tos.

Or hell.  Just letting us have free reign on our designs all together.

Hi all,

Stay tuned.

Thanks,
Matt

I have probebly overviewed this topic by more than a month but i sadly have to say that i have mixed feelings about this.

I am personaly impressed in the view u taking on NFT's at this point. Seeing it is een experiment and than talking about "I'm tempted to remove the word "NFT" from anything connected with STFU, because they have such a bad reputation." definitly hits a certain spot. In my opinion on NFT's are possible only in certain games. that is if the game has a certain following and where people are intrested in invest in. sadly enough NFT's are stil in a fragile state that i wouldn't suggest nesw games whitout any knowledge of intrested people towards the game should start with NFT market. it just sounds like the companhy is in need of desperate money.

i have talked about an add on for APB reloaded. it is simular to the model what Secondlife and IMVU is using. a place where the game can grow in several aspects and people can create / mod in an enviroment that can change a whole gaming platform from Old and New. sadly enough that Community and the work you need to put into it wil come to a certain cost. but maybe in the near future if people are familiar with the product money towards the investment can maybe be simular to how much secondlife and imvu can earn.

APB was a social space and has a gaming space. those others have non of those. but peopel can earn real revenue out of it as well as the company. i wil carefully see where this wil be going to in the near future.

Reference : https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/17802-workshop-for-concept-artists-payout/

It's almost like any profits from APB are just directly invested in to other projects that have no future just like the rest of all LO produced games, instead of investing it into their one game that actually has players. 🙂