Just now, Dopefish said:

"As a side note, most of this early development focuses on PC for a number of reasons. APB console currently has a different publisher, so we have to jump through some hoops when submitting those builds to Microsoft and Sony. That slows things down. But more importantly, we're trying to align the PC version with the console versions to consolidate everything on Unreal 3.5."

So that future updates could be worked for all platforms simultaneously rather than having to redo it for each platform.

Thanks bird.

• Like 1

Removing items from ARMAS is no bueno, if anything, bring back the items G1 decided to remove and also account bound clothes? thx

everything else sounds neat

Edited by gogol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Omg, trade system! ❤️

Ty Little Orbit. It's a thight roadmap and we have all been let down by those from the previous G1. I hope you will be able to do it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sadira said:

Can't wait to see what that new gun and vehicle will be. 😮

If it's my gun from nekrova, I'm going to flip a nut. 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sadira said:

It better be a go kart

1 hour ago, Sadira said:

hopefully it’s the mirage but with lore appropriate naming

• Like 2

Mirroring what many others have already stated, there is no reason whatsoever to remove items from ARMAS. That serves no purpose other than to further limit your potential profits, when you're already in a position that profit is questionable.

Edited by Hexerin

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

Matt Scott, our CEO, has created a roadmap of what we're working on for APB, and we're excited to share that with you. You can find all the details on our blog, at the following link: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/06/apb-roadmap.html

Thanks, and we'll see you in-game!

Hey @Lixil  @MattScott @Majiik , About the Unreal Engine 4. There was a Team before working on rebuild APB from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4. They started like 3 or 4 years ago and they had beta testing up with social being integrated already. They were using the BETA APB client pre reload. They said they would gladly hand over the project to G1 if G1 decided to work on it and finish it. I was thinking maybe a chunk of their code can be ported over. Now I personally don't know what has changed code wise so please don't hang me for bringing up the idea but the idea is there. 

Grate post. Can't wait to see the weapon balance pass. 

1 hour ago, IROCkiller said:

Possibly the 2nd vehicle from the Growl and whatever the other one was?

The Mirage ?

• Like 1

"Progression changes"

"Trade system"

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Very exciting! Love the communication!

1 hour ago, IROCkiller said:

Possibly the 2nd vehicle from the Growl and whatever the other one was?

Mirage.

Also, as a side note, when redoing ARMAS, would it be possible to looking into breaking up the AIO packs into separate kit, clothes, gun packs?

Example: Current Rocker pack. I don't like the clothing, don't need the gun, and already have an account wide 4x4. Just want the Rhino Kit.

Also, as a side note to the side note, maybe look into a way to make the packs account wide? Or offer the super sexah Mako kit to Enforcers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kewlin said:

First, uhh, what are you removing from ARMAS and why? A lot of the community is still upset about some of the stuff removed from ARMAS last time around. Please tell me you're not removing anything besides useless presets, (E.G. the ALIG Surefire, which is just a bad selection of mods on a normal ALIG, or the PMG-SD 'Murmur',) because Reloaded removed a lot of items off of ARMAS that were, in fact, unique weapons that had totally legitimate uses (E.G. the STAR LCR, OCA-EW 626.2-SD 'Silverado', SNR PR1.) In fact, is there any chance you could bring back some of these items, and put the LCR Old Glory on ARMAS permanently?

Second, are you considering reverting any of the changes Reloaded made to the maps? Because a lot of them make the game way less playable (poor visual choices aside.)

Third, how major is this weapon balance patch going to be? Please tell me it's just major issues and not an in-depth pass over weapon balance. Major weapon balance should definitely be held off until 3.5.

Fingers crossed this all turns out well, but IDK.

For clarity mostly we're removing duplicate references for items in the store. You'll still be able to buy the variation under the item itself.

Having said that, some of the items are being removed and then added to a sale rotation to help clean up the sheer volume of stuff in the store.

Map changes aren't in the weapon balance pass, but we will be working through map issues in the Roadmap.

1 hour ago, Ignas / qsn said:

'Overall weapon balance pass'

Can we get a more specific explanation to what's going to happen to some of the weapons? Or I'm in a hurry a bit? 

Basically, we have made a pass through the existing weapons and looked at how well they fit into the niche they were designed for. We also looked at under performing weapons to try and figure out how to make them more attractive. To give one specific change, the Anubis is getting a new crosshair, because the old one was wonky. 

I felt this pass was necessary to properly define the empty space in our weapon line-up before we started implementing new items.

1 hour ago, Dopefish said:

Thanks for actually sharing this, and hopefully keep us updated as you progress through the months 🙂

I don't agree with "Dropping unpopular items from ARMAS", but rather like to see everything being available on the store. The problem currently is that it got terrible navigation and is extremely bloated, so it's hard to find anything, so with a proper redesign there shouldn't be a need to remove items from Armas.

I'd love to have a proper database of every item, with descriptions, how to unlock, statistics, and preview images for each item, as part of their Armas page. So even if you wouldn't be able to purchase the item, everything would be listed so you could use it as a reference (similar to APB Vault/Database).

I'd like to see a proper database of every item as well, but the store isn't the place for that. We need to balance usability and align the stores across all platforms in prep for the codebase unification. Right now we spend lots of time administrating the each storefront differently. There is also a redesign coming.

1 hour ago, Dopefish said:

"As a side note, most of this early development focuses on PC for a number of reasons. APB console currently has a different publisher, so we have to jump through some hoops when submitting those builds to Microsoft and Sony. That slows things down. But more importantly, we're trying to align the PC version with the console versions to consolidate everything on Unreal 3.5."

So that future updates could be worked for all platforms simultaneously rather than having to redo it for each platform.

Yes. That is the goal.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

Dear Matt Scott

In your recent blog entry you revealed a good roadmap for what to expect in the comming half a year of APB. firstly I really apreciate you posting this and I am very much looking forward to most of what was detailed in your blog however 1 thing had me very very concerned. Map note Version 1.19.6 bullet point 5 "Dropping Unpopullar Items from ARMAS". Now I am a very very big fan of using the considered garbage items of APB and making people think twice about them. I am talking about the unpopular cars and guns, just because these items are not popular doesnt mean peopel dont want them, in terms of space or resources it doesnt even take much to keep them on there, just don't have them on the featured list, honestly I am so upset that I may not be able to purchase in the future some of these unloved items that it makes me A. very concerned for this games future and B. makes me not sure I want to play this game anymore in all honesty. If Little Orbit was to only have the popular guns and items on the ARMAS marketplace it in my opinion completely ruins the whole diversity of APB, removing unpopular clothes makes everyone look more alike, removing upopular guns makes people move even more into the gun meta in the game and the same can be said about vehicles.

I really hope you reconsider removing items from the ARMAS marketplace, in my opinion especially at this vital time after your recent acquisition of this game title the last thing you want to be doing is REMOVING content and making certain items simply unobtainable to players as there is already a few items in the game like this such as the Temptress which upsets people. If anything you should be looking to add new things not take things out that where already there. All in all I think so far this is the only bad news I have had from you and I personally think its an extremely bad move and a beg you not to make the ARMAS marketplace just filled with the ever so popular meta guns and generally low skill armaments. When I see someone on my team or an enemy useing a gun that not many players have it excites me, it makes me celebrate a small victory for off meta players in all games and brings a smile to my face, I really would hate APB to become another shooter game where a small percentage of items in the game get used. So Matt Scott.. Little Orbit.. whoever I have to beg too, I prostrate myself before you to say please, please reconsider this, dont remove the unpopular items, instead buff them, change them, add new things to them, do whatever you need to make them more desirable, dont simply abandon them please. I know its more effort for you and your team but I really hope you heed my advice.

Thankyou for reading. best wishes.

• Like 1

LO is a company, companies want $$$ why would they let stuff people don't want stay on their market when they can replace it with stuff people will buy?

Trade system...finally. I can't wait for all this stuff to come out. Thanks for the detailed updates. 😆

Descriptive and clear. Thank you all for this.

I am sort of excited for the trade system, while I don't engage in it very often in APB it would be a severe quality of life change as when I used to do it I always had scammers try and get stuff, I always spotted and messed with me,   Was quite fun. And dropping some of the more unpopular items from ARMAS I would have to know what you are referring to, in order to get behind this because I use several unpopular guns BECAUSE they are unpopular such as the Death Adder, Dog Ear (this one has gained some steam though) as well as a few other uncommon ones. While I assume removing them from ARMAS would be like the removal of the LCR I would keep my copies I may want to snap up some of the guns before they are gone forever. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For clarity mostly we're removing duplicate references for items in the store. You'll still be able to buy the variation under the item itself.

Having said that, some of the items are being removed and then added to a sale rotation to help clean up the sheer volume of stuff in the store.

Ugh. . . I'm really not a fan of rotations, but if you say so.

Map changes aren't in the weapon balance pass, but we will be working through map issues in the Roadmap.

Sorry, I wasn't clear because this is the third time I've asked this question, my bad.

Specifically I'm asking if you're looking into the changes that Reloaded made to the console / 3.5 version of the map, because a lot of them are questionable at best. For example, they added a lot of telephone/power poles that are hideous and block a lot of things, (including at least one placed directly in front of a car spawn,) as well as a lot of bushes that will flip cars easily in really dumb places.

*EDIT* I realized that first sentence might have sounded passive aggressive, it wasn't intended to be though.

Basically, we have made a pass through the existing weapons and looked at how well they fit into the niche they were designed for. We also looked at under performing weapons to try and figure out how to make them more attractive. To give one specific change, the Anubis is getting a new crosshair, because the old one was wonky.

As someone who mained the Anubis for a while, as far as the Anubis goes, can you first just fix the accidental nerf that was applied to it? The crosshair isn't the main issue, in fact, there are people out there like me who like the crosshair. Thread on the old forums explaining how Reloaded accidentally broke the Anubis:
https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/403269-you-never-fixed-the-anubis/

TL;DR: they accidentally applied a nerf that was intended for the N-HVR 7.62 to the Anubis, acknowledged that they did that, and then refused to fully revert it, and as such the Anubis no longer zooms in almost as fast as a semi-auto rifle, entirely removing its niche as the most mobile sniper rifle. Also, somehow the gun has worse hitreg than before, but who knows what's with that.

Also, I know you know this, but be very careful, 'cause a lot of the less used weapons are not as underpowered as people might think, and some of them are even borderline OP.

P.S. as far as crosshairs go, is there a chance we will get options for guns with unique crosshairs? E.G. I personally like the current Anubis sight, (albeit I liked it more before they made the red dot more transparent,) so would it be possible to add options to use a legacy or updated crosshair? And maybe even just turn off the custom crosshair and use a normal one? I know especially being able to just use the normal crosshair would be appreciated with the Ursus and Stryfe as well.

Thanks for keeping us updated though.

Edited by Kewlin
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sadira said:

I really hope this is the case, items comming on sale for limited times I have no issue with, but the last thing I want is for the markeplace to become a cesspool of only oca whispers an atacs purely cus there whats popular.

10 minutes ago, Fr3e said:

LO is a company, companies want $$$ why would they let stuff people don't want stay on their market when they can replace it with stuff people will buy?

Because its just data and the gun still exhists in the game itself so there is very little money requires to have a gun listed on the marketplace. And the fact that me and friends of mine DO infact buy these guns proves that there is still a niche audiance for these unloved arms and the cost we spend to purchase them way outweighs the cost to simply list an item on a web page.

Thats like a coffee shop saying "oh are main sellers are Mocha and Latte variants, lets just take all other coffee types off our listings even though the coffee machine we already have can make other types of coffee". if your machine can laready make an americano or an expresso, why take that off your list ? thats just bad buisness

i think man skirts can be removed for example 

trump masks and other hideous items that G1 has been adding thru the years

also the prices needs a fix ASAP a lot of these items are at astronomical price for a cosmetic 

the sports gear a barely see people wearing those 

as long as they will be replaced with something better id say why not 

Edited by Zalman18