this post is filthy x-rated stuff

• Like 2

Sounds good. So reworking armas prices are still not planned, only reworking visual design?

Edited by Venda

Good to see, I wonder what the progression changes will entail.

If LO pulls this off in the time frame they've plotted (seems to be over the summer to early fall) Then you guys will have completely earned my confidence. The road map is super promising and has hit up on MAJOR key elements that this game desperately needs. That being said, a road map is merely talk, though detailed as tot he plan ahead, we need to see these changes fulfilled. Hopefully the bar hasn't been set too high and LO manages these changes. This will most definitely improve relations, boost LO's already climbing credibility, and the player base will be spectacularly surprised for the better.

Please keep up the phenomenal work, and hopefully the these goals can be met without too much trouble. Congratulations on already surpassing G1.

• Like 5

Can't wait to see what that new gun and vehicle will be. 😮

Just now, Sadira said:

Can't wait to see what that new gun and vehicle will be. 😮

Possibly the 2nd vehicle from the Growl and whatever the other one was?

can the new car be an 18 wheel truck pls 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ignas / qsn said:

'Overall weapon balance pass'

I'm also curious about this, but given what Matt said in the Q&A, they weren't planning any "bash it with hammer" approaches but some sublte surgical changes to few weapons.

Time will tell how it turns out.

Thanks a ton for this. Haven't had communication with that much detail in 5 years.

First, uhh, what are you removing from ARMAS and why? A lot of the community is still upset about some of the stuff removed from ARMAS last time around. Please tell me you're not removing anything besides useless presets, (E.G. the ALIG Surefire, which is just a bad selection of mods on a normal ALIG, or the PMG-SD 'Murmur',) because Reloaded removed a lot of items off of ARMAS that were, in fact, unique weapons that had totally legitimate uses (E.G. the STAR LCR, OCA-EW 626.2-SD 'Silverado', SNR PR1.) In fact, is there any chance you could bring back some of these items, and put the LCR Old Glory on ARMAS permanently?

Second, are you considering reverting any of the changes Reloaded made to the maps? Because a lot of them make the game way less playable (poor visual choices aside.)

Third, how major is this weapon balance patch going to be? Please tell me it's just major issues and not an in-depth pass over weapon balance. Major weapon balance should definitely be held off until 3.5.

Fingers crossed this all turns out well, but IDK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

such good read, the new york times best seller level stuff right there.

Balance changes? POGGERS

Hope it freshens the game up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“progression changes”

oooooooooo

• Like 1

Thanks for actually sharing this, and hopefully keep us updated as you progress through the months 🙂

I don't agree with "Dropping unpopular items from ARMAS", but rather like to see everything being available on the store. The problem currently is that it got terrible navigation and is extremely bloated, so it's hard to find anything, so with a proper redesign there shouldn't be a need to remove items from Armas.

I'd love to have a proper database of every item, with descriptions, how to unlock, statistics, and preview images for each item, as part of their Armas page. So even if you wouldn't be able to purchase the item, everything would be listed so you could use it as a reference (similar to APB Vault/Database).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, (Xbox)MortisedGuide said:

What about xbox and ps4?

"As a side note, most of this early development focuses on PC for a number of reasons. APB console currently has a different publisher, so we have to jump through some hoops when submitting those builds to Microsoft and Sony. That slows things down. But more importantly, we're trying to align the PC version with the console versions to consolidate everything on Unreal 3.5."

So that future updates could be worked for all platforms simultaneously rather than having to redo it for each platform.

great to see a written down roadmap this quick. seems like the 6 month wait limit is just about the right amount of time to see if this game can flourish