CookiePuss

- Overall weapon balance pass

2 minutes ago, Niggs said:

the current state of apb weapon balance is that it doesnt exist and every weapon type has multiple variants which are either worse or better at close range

Thats true. But some are easier to use than others. And enviroment plays hugely to define which weapons will be most useful.

Those two things are actually affecting "balance" (which does not exist).

You can think i like you.

49 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Someone that spent more time in the forums that playing the game has gave up... what a loss.

thats weird i thought my steam profile was set to private

Im guessing.....

Oscar

Yukon    nerfing or fixing...

Buffing UL-3 series ,and well what else?!

Just now, Thelnformer said:

Im guessing.....

Oscar

Yukon    nerfing or fixing...

Buffing UL-3 series ,and well what else?!

i dont think 3 guns count as "overall"

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i dont think 3 guns count as "overall"

Even a bit borderline op is Joker carbine in the hands of pros...

Other than these, what guns are op or better? For me everything seems to be working fine... Each gun has different niche and works differently in different situations. APBR isnt CSGO, same guns in different situations would perform differently !

Maybe they are gona nerf ntec again .... Its kinda KING OF ARs  and they are planning on dethroning the king or adding competent fighters to that position !

Ntec is plain better than STAR,COBRA and FAR and even better than semi auto rifles like Obeya ... Ntec has great range capabilities and good cqc capabilities !

Edited by Thelnformer

Just now, Thelnformer said:

Other than these, what guns are op or better? For me everything seems to be working fine... Each gun has different niche and works differently in different situations. APBR isnt CSGO, same guns in different situations would perform differently !

personally id like to see the damage drop off system reworked or scrapped entirely

we can speculate all we want tbh, but its not worth making any real noise until we actually get some changes

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

personally id like to see the damage drop off system reworked or scrapped entirely

we can speculate all we want tbh, but its not worth making any real noise until we actually get some changes

Then everyone switches to NTEC and snipes everyone from 90m away !

NO PLS !

2 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

NO PLS !

or use a different system, like using initial accuracy and bloom/spread to enforce ranges

14 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Maybe they are gona nerf ntec again .... Its kinda KING OF ARs  and they are planning on dethroning the king or adding competent fighters to that position !

Ntec is plain better than STAR,COBRA and FAR and even better than semi auto rifles like Obeya ... Ntec has great range capabilities and good cqc capabilities !

While I agree NTEC is still very strong, im more interested in getting COBRA, S1FA, Harbinger, Strife, and that revelations SMG, and a few others buffed....

27 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

or use a different system, like using initial accuracy and bloom/spread to enforce ranges

Then we will TAP FIRE MOARRRRR !!!!

19 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

While I agree NTEC is still very strong, im more interested in getting COBRA, S1FA, Harbinger, Strife, and that revelations SMG, and a few others buffed....

Its gona be like, either ntec is getting nerf or others are getting buffed... Since we have no history of LO balancing weapons , we cant be sure its gona be nerf or buff.... Personally prefer other guns to be as good as ntec .... 

Edited by Thelnformer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

We are attempting to bring back as many former RTW employees as possible, and for this we have rehired a former APB designer. He has a deep and intimate knowledge of the game, and while you may not agree with his direction, these changes wont be made by rookies.

For what it's worth, the current weapon "balance" and the never-ending issues with the N-Tec and N-HVR can apparently be tracked back to one particular designer/dev/person.

So if you hired a quality designer for the balance pass I keep my expectations low.

6 hours ago, Thelnformer said:
6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

If they'd go back from the damage-drop-of system to the original one, N-Tec bullets would vanish beyond 60m (iirc). It wasn't a perfect system either, but at least managed to enforce the effective range of each weapon.

10 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

As long as they nerf sr15 carbine everything its ok. Its stupid 50m hip fire effiency is smart.

Oh god, not this again.

BKKn34K.gif

10 hours ago, MattScott said:

We are attempting to bring back as many former RTW employees as possible, and for this we have rehired a former APB designer. He has a deep and intimate knowledge of the game, and while you may not agree with his direction, these changes wont be made by rookies.

Please tell me this designer isn't Qwentle. His last round of balance changes were an unmitigated disaster. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Cashpoint said:

Please tell me this designer isn't Qwentle. His last round of balance changes were an unmitigated disaster. 

I couldnt even bring myself to ask that question for fear of what the answer might be.

1 hour ago, Revoluzzer said:

a quality designer

5862d6df1aa68e0bf26fa20d.png

15 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

I can understand your trepidation. I'm not even saying it isn't warranted.

We are attempting to bring back as many former RTW employees as possible, and for this we have rehired a former APB designer. He has a deep and intimate knowledge of the game, and while you may not agree with his direction, these changes wont be made by rookies. He has read through the forums and also reviewed how each weapon is performing to make sure it's meeting the original goals of that weapon. This wasn't about nerfing. This wasn't about evaluating how many players are using a specific weapon or its popularity.

This was about looking at the overall matrix and evaluating how each weapon fits into our game to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

We have lots of new content planned, including a new gun in the near term. But before we can add stuff, we need to tighten up the design a tad.

I said in the Q&A that we needed to be careful and I meant it.

I'm hopeful that this wont be as big of a change as you're anticipating.

Thanks,
Matt

Can we make LTL great again? 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

How about we give the DesignatedMarksmanRifle-SoundDampened (my personal gun) some love and make it come with a passive to see up to 120m far in distance.

YES, I know how the DMR works (shhhh itsa secret! ^^) and in the right hands it is absolutely competetive.

1 hour ago, koenyboy500 said:

How about we give the DesignatedMarksmanRifle-SoundDampened (my personal gun) some love and make it come with a passive to see up to 120m far in distance.

YES, I know how the DMR works (shhhh itsa secret! ^^) and in the right hands it is absolutely competetive.

pass

dont bullets disappear at like 100m anyway, no point in seeing past that

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

pass

dont bullets disappear at like 100m anyway, no point in seeing past that

I don't think you know how the DMR works. But here is a little secret that not everyone knows about the DMR (lucky you reading this). But the DMR-SD damage dropoff works IN REVERSE. So if both shots hit past the 89m. IT CAN 2 SHOT as the shot deals about 55% (like the scout). My suggestion was that maybe if the dmr can look (and shoot) further than 100m, you'd get a UNIQUE playstyle and is certainly competetive. IF you can keep your distance. (110 or 120m isn't even THAT much when you look at it, so other snipers like HVR who are more sluggish can simply walk into range and fire back). But in terms of playstyle and competetiveness, I think it is really good!

36 minutes ago, koenyboy500 said:

I don't think you know how the DMR works. But here is a little secret that not everyone knows about the DMR (lucky you reading this). But the DMR-SD damage dropoff works IN REVERSE. So if both shots hit past the 89m. IT CAN 2 SHOT as the shot deals about 55% (like the scout). My suggestion was that maybe if the dmr can look (and shoot) further than 100m, you'd get a UNIQUE playstyle and is certainly competetive. IF you can keep your distance. (110 or 120m isn't even THAT much when you look at it, so other snipers like HVR who are more sluggish can simply walk into range and fire back). But in terms of playstyle and competetiveness, I think it is really good!

i know exactly how the dmr works, but im pretty sure if you extend the DMRs bullet range you extend all guns’ bullet range

On 6/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

I can understand your trepidation. I'm not even saying it isn't warranted.

We are attempting to bring back as many former RTW employees as possible, and for this we have rehired a former APB designer. He has a deep and intimate knowledge of the game, and while you may not agree with his direction, these changes wont be made by rookies. He has read through the forums and also reviewed how each weapon is performing to make sure it's meeting the original goals of that weapon. This wasn't about nerfing. This wasn't about evaluating how many players are using a specific weapon or its popularity.

This was about looking at the overall matrix and evaluating how each weapon fits into our game to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

We have lots of new content planned, including a new gun in the near term. But before we can add stuff, we need to tighten up the design a tad.

I said in the Q&A that we needed to be careful and I meant it.

I'm hopeful that this wont be as big of a change as you're anticipating.

Thanks,
Matt

Honestly, we don't need new guns. This game has plethora of guns, every single one has it's niche. Some perform better, some worse. For example Now, what we need is new models and textures for guns, making them look more modern.

54 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Honestly, we don't need new guns. This game has plethora of guns, every single one has it's niche. Some perform better, some worse. For example Now, what we need is new models and textures for guns, making them look more modern.

I agree with this to an extent, but I don't think we need to modernize anything until the game runs less garbage, the textures and models are ugly for sure but if we make the resolution of the textures higher then we'll be in a worse position than we already are, I don't think we need any more filler content, I think we need a decently running game.

9 minutes ago, Similarities said:

I agree with this to an extent, but I don't think we need to modernize anything until the game runs less garbage, the textures and models are ugly for sure but if we make the resolution of the textures higher then we'll be in a worse position than we already are, I don't think we need any more filler content, I think we need a decently running game.

I meant with engine update, textures need to be fresh'nd up.