CookiePuss

- Overall weapon balance pass

Yeah I looked at those words with great trepidation, as I think, except for a few outliers, that the game is fairly balanced right now.

Edited by -Rachel-
  • Like 2

I definitely wasn't expecting any changes to weapons (aside from fixing some bugged ones...) before some of the technical stuff from the roadmap gets patched in.

I just hope whomever is making these calls has played APB for more than 2 months.

... Im anxious. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I just hope whomever is making these calls has played APB for more than 2 months.

... Im anxious. 

no instead they will use the input from a select group of players who are 'gold threat' and speak as if they know the inside and outs of every weapon and trick on apb.

:^)

Just now, Obvious Lesbian said:

no instead they will use the input from a select group of players who are 'gold threat' and speak as if they know the inside and outs of every weapon and trick on apb.

:^)

Oof... Oof. 

There's a good chance that "overall weapon balance pass" isn't gonna do anything more than fix some of the most garbage guns in the game atm (Misery, Harbinger for example)

So long as they don't end up turning a trash weapon into another Yukon, there's not much to fear.

Besides didn't Matt himself say the game is mostly balanced at this point?

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

... Im anxious. 

Jesus, as it has been previously re-iterated over and over the person who's currently working on the balance for APB was one of the original developers for APB that worked on the game balance. LO specifically hired that person to do that task but LO have yet to disclose who they're talking about. There has been speculation about which developer they're actually talking about when they brang it up during the QnA. 

I welcome changes to balance, it's one of my biggest issues with APB and I'm glad they're finally looking into the Anubis hopefully they look into the RSA, SWARM and ISSR-A because those weapons for all intents and purposes are POS.

Edited by AgentWatson
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:

Jesus, as it has been previously re-iterated over and over the person who's currently working on the balance for APB was one of the original developers for APB that worked on the game balance. LO specifically hired that person to do that task but LO have yet to disclose who they're talking about. There has been speculation about which developer they're actually talking about when they brang it up during the QnA. 

I welcome changes to balance, it's one of my biggest issues with APB and I'm glad they're finally looking into the Anubis hopefully they look into the RSA, SWARM and ISSR-A because those weapons for all intents and purposes are POS.

Yes. 

This is why I am anxious. 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Nite said:

There's a good chance that "overall weapon balance pass" isn't gonna do anything more than fix some of the most garbage guns in the game atm (Misery, Harbinger for example)

Last thing we need is the few unique weapons the game has "balanced" (read: homogenized) just because the "top skill" players don't have a clue how they work and refuse to learn.

9 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

Last thing we need is the few unique weapons the game has "balanced" (read: homogenized) just because the "top skill" players don't have a clue how they work and refuse to learn.

There are plenty of guns that are unique and can still perform. The Revelations Pack even has 2 of them. Those can be left alone.

There are also other guns that are very poor performers while being unique. Those should be looked at.

EDIT: changed 3 to 2 in the Rev pack mention since the Oblivion is mostly a slower (still capable) ISSR-B so it doesn't really count.

Edited by Nite

Yes, please. just make it your top priority LO. The game is totally broken.

Hi guys,

I can understand your trepidation. I'm not even saying it isn't warranted.

We are attempting to bring back as many former RTW employees as possible, and for this we have rehired a former APB designer. He has a deep and intimate knowledge of the game, and while you may not agree with his direction, these changes wont be made by rookies. He has read through the forums and also reviewed how each weapon is performing to make sure it's meeting the original goals of that weapon. This wasn't about nerfing. This wasn't about evaluating how many players are using a specific weapon or its popularity.

This was about looking at the overall matrix and evaluating how each weapon fits into our game to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

We have lots of new content planned, including a new gun in the near term. But before we can add stuff, we need to tighten up the design a tad.

I said in the Q&A that we needed to be careful and I meant it.

I'm hopeful that this wont be as big of a change as you're anticipating.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11

Just now, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

We are attempting to bring back as many former RTW employees as possible, and for this we have rehired a former APB designer. He has a deep and intimate knowledge of the game, and while you may not agree with his direction, these changes wont be made by rookies. He has read through the forums and also reviewed how each weapon is performing to make sure it's meeting the original goals of that weapon. This wasn't about nerfing. This wasn't about evaluating how many players are using a specific weapon or its popularity.

This was about looking at the overall matrix and evaluating how each weapon fits into our game to make sure everything is where it needs to be.

We have lots of new content planned, including a new gun in the near term. But before we can add stuff, we need to tighten up the design a tad.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks mate...

15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for that.

And good luck. 

18 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Thanks,
Matt

Its such a tiny thing you do, but I appreciate how you always end your posts with that little "Thanks".

Its such a small thing, but its nice to see

I appreciate it <3

• Like 1

As long as they nerf sr15 carbine everything its ok. Its stupid 50m hip fire effiency is smart.

Edited by Excalibur!

5 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

As long as they nerf sr15 carbine everything its ok. Its stupid 50m hip fire effiency is smart.

oscar>carbine

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

oscar>carbine

Honestly both are smart. Probably one more than another... they are similar anyways.

I would still use sr15 because its a hipfire ntec, and i mostly main ntec.

Edited by Excalibur!

Just now, Excalibur! said:

Honestly both are smart. Probably one more than another... they are similar anyways.

Oscar definitely feels far more broken at range compared to the carbine. The tighter accuracy makes it a laser beam up to its maximum range and then some. Not saying the accuracy is a problem, simply think the oscar needs a slight range reduction, more so than the carbine.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Oscar definitely feels far more broken at range compared to the carbine. The tighter accuracy makes it a laser beam up to its maximum range and then some. Not saying the accuracy is a problem, simply think the oscar needs a slight range reduction, more so than the carbine.

Hip fire weapons= pointman limitations. Really simple.

What makes pointman guns good at cqc? Their hip fire and movement. Long range weapons shouldnt be able to hip fire so easily....

Thats why star is op, its incredible at cqc too.

The other solution is make every weapon able to hip fire like the star. That would be fun too.

4 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

Thats why star is op

i give up

Just now, BXNNXD said:

i give up

You and me both.

the current state of apb weapon balance is that it doesnt exist and every weapon type has multiple variants which are either worse or better at close range