Sign in to follow this  
N0rbat

Rank system like in Quake Champions

If you will remake threat system one day maybe look at the Quake Champions.. There are ranks+MMR numbers besides them but over the nax rank player can achieve infinite rise of this number.. For example imagine in APB being like:

0-50=green

51-400=bronze

401-700=silver

701-~=gold

And match golds according to its number and never let silver to join a game with only gold members.. Good premade teams will reach high numbers over 1000 for sure so casual golds will play more against casual golds while other players with higher number will play against high tier golds imo this will reduce dethreating a bit and with this i would lock districts/threat and boost rewards on gold district drastically so people will stick to it and will be happy about it

How does it work? I dont think it would solve anything honestly. Rank needs to be tied to threat.

And thinking it good, a new threat colour should appear...

Edited by Excalibur!

I for one, think all gold players should automatically win a basket of fruits and a thank you note for enduring this community.

• Thanks 1

Methinks we need a Diamond rank 😛, though in general I don't think there are enough players to sufficiently balance matchmaking at the moment within the current system.

Would rather have more missions than waiting a long time for them, if only to achieve more balanced missions.

Edited by Samuwai
Addition

11 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Make everyone Green, problem solved.

honestly i am baffled as to why we have a green rank at all.

Threat ranks are really badly distributed, nobody should get gold/silver that quick.

i think we should just ban weebs  give a new rank above gold will solve everything 100%

u know it honestly doesnt matter if u keep the threat or not. If you remove the threat its the same as playing in open conflict, you be playing with or against anyone. You just wouldnt know if someone is silver or gold so

On 6/22/2018 at 7:09 PM, Fr3e said:

i think we should just ban weebs  give a new rank above gold will solve everything 100%

lol i say that before

Make gold harder to get and Drop some threats (under lvl 100's shouldent be Gold you re rolls.)

no threat system or match making system will work until the population is much higher because of the way districts are split up.  With a population of 40/40 per district, you are not going to get a good competitive match until we can fill each bronze, silver, and gold district only with the listed threat level players.

For the hundredth time:

THE COLOUR OF YOUR THREAT IS NOT YOUR ACTUAL THREAT. JUST A REPRESENTATION OF THE ELO/MMR BEHIND IT.

THE COLOUR OF YOUR THREAT IS NOT YOUR ACTUAL THREAT. JUST A REPRESENTATION OF THE ELO/MMR BEHIND IT.

5 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

For the hundredth time:

What do you mean?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

What do you mean?

Threat in APB is still just a hidden elo/mmr number. The colour is just a visual representation of it (Gold 1-10, threat 15, Bronze).

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

12 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Threat is APB is still just a hidden elo/mmr number. The colour is just a visual representation of it (Gold 1-10, threat 15, Bronze).

What do you base this on?

1 minute ago, Owimi said:

What do you base this on?

That APB uses the Glicko Rating system.

12 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

That APB uses the Glicko Rating system.

Do you have a source that you can link me? ^^

4 minutes ago, Owimi said:

Do you have a source that you can link me? ^^

"APB Reloaded now uses a Bayesian enhanced version of the Glicko rating system to determine the relative skill of players, based on the outcomes of opposed missions. The believed skill of the player is known as that player’s Skill Rating, which is then translated into the player’s Threat Level (shown on the UI), and also used by the matchmaking system to construct matches where the skill of each side is as evenly matched as possible."

From patch 1.5.1

It has then be adjusted over the years such as the 50% score system, readjusting of the bell curve, and likely updates to Glicko 2 or other tweaks.

27 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

"APB Reloaded now uses a Bayesian enhanced version of the Glicko rating system to determine the relative skill of players, based on the outcomes of opposed missions. The believed skill of the player is known as that player’s Skill Rating, which is then translated into the player’s Threat Level (shown on the UI), and also used by the matchmaking system to construct matches where the skill of each side is as evenly matched as possible."

From patch 1.5.1

It has then be adjusted over the years such as the 50% score system, readjusting of the bell curve, and likely updates to Glicko 2 or other tweaks.

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Thanks ^^

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

From patch 1.5.1

I don’t get it.

22 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I don’t get it.

go back to ur pretty moving pictures sweetums 

Sign in to follow this